Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Full Sized Hot Shots Arcade Game

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Full Sized Hot Shots Arcade Game

I started building this a few months ago. It's not quite finished, just because I haven't had very much time recently. It's a PLC controlled unit, it has 3 game modes including classic (45 seconds shots are worth 2 until 10 seconds then they are worth 3 points), 3-point shootout (10 seconds to hit as many 3 balls as possible), and Endurance Challange (you get 3 seconds to make each shot, and see how long you can go).

The game is controlled by a single momentary push button, by pressing the button the game begins. To switch to a new game you press and hold the button for more than 3 seconds, this displays a menu on the screen where you can scroll through the list by pressing the button. Once you have highlighted the desired game you press and hold the button for 3 seconds again and you are kicked out to a highscore screen for that particular game.

From the high score screen you can press the button and the timer will begin. If you want to exit before the game is over, you can double click the button.

Some initial progress

Laying the Decking

Put up the nets

My roomie putting up some buckets

Current High Score

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Full Sized Hot Shots Arcade Game

That's beyond awesome. What kind of PLC/HMI and controls are you using? I assume you wrote the program?
    steve cortez

FNG

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you! Yeah I wrote the program. I build labeling equipment for a living so PLC programming is a lot of what I do. It's an old Panasonic GT05 Mono Touchscreen hooked up to their little FP0 PLC, I just had them laying around from a while ago and wasn't planning on using them at work on my machines. The screen is nice but kinda small, so I am working with my Electrical Engineer friend to build a segment display above the backboard. Then I am going to bring the Touchscreen down close to the user. This will allow people to create login information and store their records and progress when they come over. It will also be a nice touch for showing who has the highscore and when it was posted! So many people play it, I think it would be cool to start collecting some data!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is awesome; I love these games and have always wanted one in my house! Now you have shown me that it can be done :D

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, it's great fun! Everyone who has come over has just loved it. Currently I still hold the record at 104 in 45 seconds!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Now you just gotta put a motor on the hoop to make it go from side to side!