User Tag List

Thread: Are there women coaching men's teams?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Are there women coaching men's teams?

Watching the swedish soccer team play i wonder what would result if their brilliant coach worked w/ the brazilian pro football in a world cup; cause she is brilliant. I doubt it would happen.
    Most of the time you have men coaching women and never women coaching men. When a woman tells tactics and trainning to 22 footballers then there will be equality in sports. I sincerely hope it happens. The sooner the better. It would be pretty cool and effective.
    slow.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Are there women coaching men's teams?

There was a story going around facebook yesterday about a male tennis player who has a female coach. The headlines were all something along the lines of "women are people too" or "<insert guys name> reminds reporter that women are people".

This guy won a 2nd gold medal, and a reporter said something along the lines of "you're the first person to win more than one gold medal in tennis..." and the player said something to the effect of "in singles maybe, but the Williams sisters each have three or four gold medals"

Eh, I googled it. Google 'Williams sisters' and most of the results that come up are about Andy Murray mentioning their name.

Andy Murray Reminds Interviewer That the Williams Sisters Won Olympic Golds First | GQ
    Dustin Gaddis
    www.MiddleGaEpic.com
    Why do people feel the need to list all of their bikes in their signature?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Becky Hammon is an assistant with the San Antonio Spurs.

Pia got run out of the US Nat'l team on a rail after some less than stellar performances on the int'l stage. Given what football means to Brazil, I would highly doubt either men's or women's team would have a non-Brazilian as the head coach. When's the last time the men's team had a foreigner as manager?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Murray's coach was Amelie Mauresmo...

Quote Originally Posted by dgaddis View Post
    There was a story going around facebook yesterday about a male tennis player who has a female coach. The headlines were all something along the lines of "women are people too" or "<insert guys name> reminds reporter that women are people".

This guy won a 2nd gold medal, and a reporter said something along the lines of "you're the first person to win more than one gold medal in tennis..." and the player said something to the effect of "in singles maybe, but the Williams sisters each have three or four gold medals"

Eh, I googled it. Google 'Williams sisters' and most of the results that come up are about Andy Murray mentioning their name.

Andy Murray Reminds Interviewer That the Williams Sisters Won Olympic Golds First | GQ

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by theflashunc View Post
    Becky Hammon is an assistant with the San Antonio Spurs.

Pia got run out of the US Nat'l team on a rail after some less than stellar performances on the int'l stage. Given what football means to Brazil, I would highly doubt either men's or women's team would have a non-Brazilian as the head coach. When's the last time the men's team had a foreigner as manager?
    It could happen. We are on a desperate situation w/ the national team. It was humiliated losing 1x7 to Germany. Coach after coach being fired. If someone comes up w/ an euro coach right now he would not be rejected. Otoh if it's a She... it would be the talk of the nation for months on end.
    slow.