Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default polishing help

having some problem with polishing like this
    polishing.jpg

i want like below so help me. what kind of polishing tool needs and how to use?
    polishing 2.jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: polishing help

The lug on the bottom isn't polished. It looks like it was cleaned up before brazing, brazed well, then defluxed and possibly brushed with a wire or fiber wheel.

On the top lug it looks like there was maybe a bit to much filler added that was filed away. Those file marks can be hand sanded out. It also looks like the tubes were rubbed with something like 80g shop cloth. That just leaves a heavier cosmetic mark then the second example.

If I'm understanding the question correctly, work first on the brazing, then use progressively less gritty abrasives to smooth out the lug surface to your desired effect.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I assume the question relates on how to get rid of surplus filler. The easiest way is to add filler somewhere that isn't going to exist on the finished frame, and then move it to where it is needed. For example, a head tube or seat tube extension that is going to be cut off later. In any event, the "polishing" of the filler on the lug shown in the second picture was done mostly with the torch. I don't see any place on the shoreline that was touched with a file after brazing. There may have been some flash out on the tube that was removed with sandpaper. On the BB or other parts where adding filler remotely isn't possible, you should be able to pull the filler around to create a smooth shoreline.

Better to be ruined than to be silent atmo.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think that second picture is mine atmo. There is no way to explain it all in words or online, but I have certainly tried to articulate it every so often. I would suggest getting a stash of parts, as in - investing in your own learning curve - and spend hours and hours and days and days doing nothing but brazing these up. Forget framebuilding. The new craft is called brazing. When it all gels (or gets better...) you can combine brazing with other skill sets to build frames. That's the short answer and the tough love one, too.

Another part of the equation is not to over-think it. I've often referred to the control of capillary action as a task you have to will. See it done - these are three words my mother always used in her profession as an educator. Visualize the results and they will come faster and easier. To this I would add, (WARNING - THIS IS MEANT TO HELP, EVEN IF THE EXAMPLE IS SIMPLY TO ILLUSTRATE) brazing while mildly high is a good way to detach from the operation and be less analytical. Peer supervision might be recommended here. Lastly, get a clip of Hendrix lighting his ax on fire. He did it for the theatrics rather than the music. But the display will show him using his body English to will the flame across the frets and up/around the Strat (is that what it was - it's been a while atmo...). His taking command of the fire and working it to places on the guitar seems otherworldly in the film. Consider that, and see it done when using a torch, a frame joint. and filler material.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Awesome!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)