User Tag List

Page 234 of 350 FirstFirst ... 224225226227228229230231232233234235236237238239240241242243244 ... LastLast
Results 4,661 to 4,680 of 6992

Thread: Automobiles

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Automobiles

Quote Originally Posted by nahtnoj View Post
    This one probably doesn't have off road ability - just body cladding.
    The body cladding is ugly. It costs extra to have it painted in the body color on the All Road currently on offer. Anyway, I'm probably not going to be standing in line to get one. I'm learning my lesson about automotive debt with my rapidly depreciating Tiguan.

I'm getting settled into my new place and if there is a VW GTI Rabbit Edition offered for 2020 (the final, final, final version of the Mark 7.5) I may pull the trigger on one of those. May..... We'll see.
    La Cheeserie!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Saab2000 View Post
    ...don’t pretend theirs can do extreme conditions like gravel roads.....
    ^^That was funny!
    Dustin Gaddis
    www.MiddleGaEpic.com
    Why do people feel the need to list all of their bikes in their signature?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Any audis I've driven that didn't have an RS nomenclature had all the driving joy of a shopping cart. That includes the S cars. They're great highway mile eaters though; provided you can stay awake.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by al415 View Post
    Any audis I've driven that didn't have an RS nomenclature had all the driving joy of a shopping cart. That includes the S cars. They're great highway mile eaters though; provided you can stay awake.
    This is funny

I find my S4 Avant okay and fairly practical. I drove the Eze col at night with it yesterday on my way back from Nice and it was sort of fun with nobody on the road. It's no GT3 for sure.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lionel View Post
    This is funny

I find my S4 Avant okay and fairly practical. I drove the Eze col at night with it yesterday on my way back from Nice and it was sort of fun with nobody on the road. It's no GT3 for sure.
    I'd agree completely, "okay and practical" is a great characterization! I'm very fond of the S4 Avant and would happily drive one cross country; they've always been nice places to sit. I just find Audi steering feedback a bit numb and un-involving.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd agree completely, "okay and practical" is a great characterization! I'm very fond of the S4 Avant and would happily drive one cross country; they've always been nice places to sit. I just find Audi steering feedback a bit numb and un-involving.
    Right. I have a some sporting steering option (forgot how it's called) as well as sport differential and some other bits. The GT3 spoiled me forever though, everything feels lame compared to it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The GT3 spoiled me forever though, everything feels lame compared to it.
    Of course! How could it not. That's what I love about my STI. It's fun enough to keep you awake. In fact, sometimes it drives like it wants to kill you, so you have to stay awake. But it's also not so awesome that I'm spoiled forever.
    "I guess you're some weird relic of an obsolete age." - davids

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"...The GT3 spoiled me forever though, everything feels lame compared to it..."
    It is so choice. If you have the means, I highly recommend picking one up.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nahtnoj View Post
    It also had off-road ability in the sense that it was typically parked behind the dealership awaiting warranty work...
    Now *that's* funny.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Right. I have a some sporting steering option (forgot how it's called) as well as sport differential and some other bits. The GT3 spoiled me forever though, everything feels lame compared to it.
    I've never driven a GT3. A couple of 996 Turbos, most trims of 997 (GT3 excluded), Cayman GT4 and GTS and I'm a fan of all of those. Formula Ford ruined me for boring cars.

I should add, most of my P car seat time was thanks to my brother, who has a long lasting Porsche affliction.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've never driven a GT3.
    Then don't, after I drove my friend's GT3 my productivity at work dropped 20% until I got one.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Then don't, after I drove my friend's GT3 my productivity at work dropped 20% until I got one.
    I just bought a Focus RS so that I can take out all my anti social frustrations on days when the weather is too crappy for my KTM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As others here who do the Jersey slog up to Nyack etc know, there are a whole collection of really odd painted school buses, campers, and assorted vehicles along the ride back on Riverside Drive by Grant’s Tomb.

Today I saw this which I am sure someone here will enlighten me as to what it is. I am also wondering how or why one would use it in Manhattan. Much less how it got here or why one would own one in these parts.

IMG_2396 by Jon Mandel, on Flickr
    « If I knew what I was doing, I’d be doing it right now »

-Jon Mandel

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We had an 06 S4 Avant. It was a great car. The exhaust sound was sublime. When my wife was parallel parking, guys would just stand there and watch. A foreign car with a Corvette exhaust.
    And an incredible high speed cruiser on I80 in CA to Reno. Unfortunately, after about 70,000 miles, some pretty significant , but ancillary parts started to fail and they were very expensive to fix.
    i.e. $400 t0 replace an $80 headlight bulb or $600 to replace a cold start mechanism. I love Audis, but I will never own one without warranty protection.
    We're still punishing ourselves with a bright red '17 S6.
    Last edited by dpcompt; 10-27-2019 at 12:16 AM. Reason: add

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by htwoopup View Post
    As others here who do the Jersey slog up to Nyack etc know, there are a whole collection of really odd painted school buses, campers, and assorted vehicles along the ride back on Riverside Drive by Grant’s Tomb.

Today I saw this which I am sure someone here will enlighten me as to what it is. I am also wondering how or why one would use it in Manhattan. Much less how it got here or why one would own one in these parts.
    Looks like an Earth Cruiser variant (or something similar. Maybe they’re in Manhattan coz they want to pick up some good bagels on their way to the end of the world.

Discover your EarthCruiser | EarthCruiser Overland Vehicles

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When men were men...
    rw saunders
    hey, how lucky can one man get.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What a livery! And the hand lettering of the names ...

The dihedrals may have been in the way if they had to get Mario out in a hurry.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by htwoopup View Post

IMG_2396 by Jon Mandel, on Flickr
    It looks like a Unicat, maybe an EX63. The MAN badge is visible on the grille and it has what appears to be a European plate.

Several years ago I met a couple from Germany who were traveling the Americas. They had their own RV (a MB) shipped to Buenos Aires and then started a wandering route going north. When I met them near St. George, UT they had been on the road for around 18 months IIRC.
    Eat one live toad first thing in the morning and nothing worse will happen to you all day.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

RW - That Indy car is awesome.

I saw this the other day....certainly not fancy but definitely uncommon. It looked to be in pretty good shape.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Eat one live toad first thing in the morning and nothing worse will happen to you all day.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by choke View Post
    RW - That Indy car is awesome.

I saw this the other day....certainly not fancy but definitely uncommon. It looked to be in pretty good shape.
    That Mercedes is living dangerously.
    Jorn Ake
    poet

Flickr
    Books