Thread: Shared shop space open in Portland, OR

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Shared shop space open in Portland, OR

Heyas,

Someones moving out of our shop and we have a space open. It's a 2,200 sq ft heated 1920's warehouse with an insulated vaulted ceiling and full floor to ceiling windows around the whole shop. In inner SE Portland. There are curently three bike builders (myself, Bob from Bantam Cycles that you all may know from working at UBI/Bilenky, and Josh from Cycles J. Briant). We also have a wood room that is fully enclosed with dust collection. There is a machine tool area where we have two (mine) Sheldon horizontals (one with a vert attachment) with a main tube mitering fixture and various other tooling. There is also a Monarch 10 EE lathe in there (Josh's). We all are familiar with machine tools and share their use, albeit with our own cutters and good communication about any maintenance issues. There is also a blasting cabinet, an 80 gal compressor, polishing lathe, belt sander, surface plate, alignment table, and grinder that are shared tools with the expectation of chipping in on abrasive use.

We are looking for someone that has their own set up for building and is a serious amateur, part or full time professional. You should be able to be self sufficient (i.e. own brazing set up and fixtures). Hopefully you bring something to the equation as well (a vertical mill would be nice). Rent is in the 300 - 400 range. Shoot me an email if your interested, or feel free to let a friend know if they might be.

Wahoo!
    Travis Cooper
    Cooper Cycles LLC
    1515 SE Ankeny St.
    Portland, OR 97214
    www.cyclescooper.com
    www.flickr.com/coopercycles

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Shared shop space open in Portland, OR

Yo Travis,
    I might be interested, I'm running out of space in my shop with things expanding with my day job. Can you send some pictures, address and such to [email protected]
    Minds Create, Hands Build.
    Ride Fast, Ride FARR

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Shared shop space open in Portland, OR

Travis,

Will you be around tomorrow? The guys at VeloCult suggested I check out the shop at 1515. Contact me off list muttonmaster7 at gmail dot com

jon norstog

"Thursday"