User Tag List

Page 16 of 36 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151617181920212223242526 ... LastLast

Thread: The Nomadic Life

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: The Nomadic Life

Too Tall, you need to go Supreme.

https://www.supremenewyork.com/previ...travel-trailer

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Because I'm so #extra ;)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This morning, my friend showed me this beauty that he and his wife picked up at the beginning of the lockdowns, as they had just semi-retired to Florida and wanted to get the hell out of Dodge.
    rw saunders
    hey, how lucky can one man get.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's quite a garage!
    Jorn Ake
    poet

Flickr
    Books

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fancy that Tiffin is. I've said this enough before a sufficient number of audiences that I expect all y'all will hold me to it. Should I become too infirmed or just plain broken to hitch our Airstream to the truck I'll buy the Willy Nelson Tour Bus and a couple pounds of Mother Earth and invite anyone to pull up a chair.

Bus life is a very different approach to this business. I'm just not there yet.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I’ve known this gent and his family since we were 19 and he comes from a long line of motorheads and when I heard about the bus, I said…”that’s about right for Jimmy”. In the garage, there are a dozen cars that probably don’t interest a lot of people here, as most were his Dad’s. ‘32 V12 Lincoln, ‘65 Mustang ragtop, ‘69 Camaro Indy 500 ragtop, ‘34 Pierce Arrow ragtop, ‘57 Thunderbird ragtop…note the ragtop theme. His Dad insisted that we use the Lincoln and some of the ‘30’s vintage cars in our wedding motorcade, with the only stipulation that his friends pilot the cars from the church to the reception hall…deal taken.
    rw saunders

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^^^ nice offer. I'm imagining the exhaust smell at 4 or more cars down the motorcade ...
    Dan Fuller, local bicycle enthusiast

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fueling that big boy might be a frightening experience at the pump these days.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rwsaunders View Post
    I’ve known this gent and his family since we were 19 and he comes from a long line of motorheads and when I heard about the bus, I said…”that’s about right for Jimmy”. In the garage, there are a dozen cars that probably don’t interest a lot of people here, as most were his Dad’s. ‘32 V12 Lincoln, ‘65 Mustang ragtop, ‘69 Camaro Indy 500 ragtop, ‘34 Pierce Arrow ragtop, ‘57 Thunderbird ragtop…note the ragtop theme. His Dad insisted that we use the Lincoln and some of the ‘30’s vintage cars in our wedding motorcade, with the only stipulation that his friends pilot the cars from the church to the reception hall…deal taken.
    I'm actually very interested in the Lincoln. Those are reputed to scoot.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Too Tall View Post
    I'm actually very interested in the Lincoln. Those are reputed to scoot.
    TT…there is a tarp on it right now, but essentially this is what it look likes.

rw saunders

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I nearly fainted R.W.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2003 Silverado 2500HD long bed, 8.1L, Allison trany, 1996 Lance 3000, was at Lucidity Festival over the last week. Bike is my festi ride(Burning Man and Lucidity multiple times), 1983 Spec Expedition 68cm(bought used), laced the wheels in late 70s, phil hubs/Super Champion rims bought new, previously used on a couple of bikes.

The older I get the faster I was Brian Clare

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What does a day at Lucidity look like?
    Tim C

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anyone ever done a minivan retrofit? Just came across this that would fit in a Sienna?

down the line it could help fulfill my Travels With Charley itch and take a road trip with the dog once the kids start college. (My wife would not complain about a break…!)

https://roadloft.com/en/
    my name is Matt

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by robin3mj View Post
    Anyone ever done a minivan retrofit? Just came across this that would fit in a Sienna?

down the line it could help fulfill my Travels With Charley itch and take a road trip with the dog once the kids start college. (My wife would not complain about a break…!)

https://roadloft.com/en/
    https://golittleguy.com/lg-max/

Tow it with (whatever). I dig what you are planning. Just consider what it is like when you spend a few rainy days in that van. Some creature comforts and space are a wonderful thing even if it is just a square few feet.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

https://golittleguy.com/lg-max/

Tow it with (whatever). I dig what you are planning. Just consider what it is like when you spend a few rainy days in that van. Some creature comforts and space are a wonderful thing even if it is just a square few feet.
    Yeah I get it. Just daydreaming.

Also, somewhat related, I’ve clicked on a couple of van outfitter profiles on Instagram and now my feed is absolutely flooded with them. There must be dozens, and many use the exact same handful of stock photos, right down to the southwest print Pendleton blankets. I wonder how many have actually built a van or not.
    Or are they some kind of bot?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Clyde View Post
    What does a day at Lucidity look like?
    5 different music stages going from noon to midnight, vendors, classes and lectures(alternative for lack of a better word), tents and campers packed in like sardines, beautiful surrounding area, buy a 3 day pass or just come for the day. I'll post a few pics in the rides thread soon. I'm on the set up crew for "Art Temple", arrive 3 days before opening and stay a day past closing.
    The older I get the faster I was Brian Clare

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

We purchased a 2017 Jayco Jay Flight which is bumper pull and 33 feet. We pick it up on Thursday after installing a weight distribution hitch for the Chevy 2500. Empty, it's around 8500# so it's well within the capacity of the truck and it's DuraMax diesel. We plan on doing some weekend stuff in the coming weeks to try it all out. Long term, it will go to Wyoming in the summer and sit on our 10 acres that will have water, septic, and power. We'll have to get another truck at some point since the horses travel in a goose neck trailer and to get everything north of the summer would either be two trips both ways or one. I'm looking at another 2500 and putting a shell on it for bikes.
    Retired Sailor, Marine dad, semi-professional cyclist, fly fisherman, and Indian School STEM teacher.
    Assistant Operating Officer at Farm Soap homemade soaps. www.farmsoap.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bigbill View Post
    We purchased a 2017 Jayco Jay Flight which is bumper pull and 33 feet. We pick it up on Thursday after installing a weight distribution hitch for the Chevy 2500. Empty, it's around 8500# so it's well within the capacity of the truck and it's DuraMax diesel. We plan on doing some weekend stuff in the coming weeks to try it all out. Long term, it will go to Wyoming in the summer and sit on our 10 acres that will have water, septic, and power. We'll have to get another truck at some point since the horses travel in a goose neck trailer and to get everything north of the summer would either be two trips both ways or one. I'm looking at another 2500 and putting a shell on it for bikes.
    You deserve all of that Bill. Living the life.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

You deserve all of that Bill. Living the life.
    Thanks, looking forward to it. The boy graduates next month and begins his USMC career, time to step back. Work-wise, I'm quickly approaching the walk-away point. We'll do some trips to Flagstaff and Rt66 tourist stuff for 2-3 days to work out the details so we're set for Wyoming. Ft Tuthill in Flag has RV hookups and all kinds of MTB trails including one that runs behind Garro. Next summer will probably be the first full time snowbird after a Grand Canyon raft trip in April.
    Retired Sailor, Marine dad, semi-professional cyclist, fly fisherman, and Indian School STEM teacher.
    Assistant Operating Officer at Farm Soap homemade soaps. www.farmsoap.com