User Tag List

Page 255 of 351 FirstFirst ... 245246247248249250251252253254255256257258259260261262263264265 ... LastLast
Results 5,081 to 5,100 of 7002

Thread: Automobiles

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Automobiles

Quote Originally Posted by j44ke View Post
    This engine is not a go-fast engine, but it is supposed to have quite a bit low end torque for a 4 cylinder. That’s part of its appeal. Probably not towing a boat, but I’m not towing a boat. The frame is also pretty heavy duty, so as a friend said it is a small truck not an SUV - though the original Pathfinder shared the frame with this truck I think but that was a pretty classic truck-type SUV (which is what made it great I think.) Also you can see the front hubs - that’s a manual 4x4. Two stick shifts. 1-5 & R and then 2H, 4H and 4L I believe. As 25+ year old vehicle, this truck is exempt from emissions testing. Doesn't even get a hose on the tailpipe.

But yeah, is it worth $9500? I’ve been watching what trucks this guy fixes and sells, and he’s definitely gravitated towards more hipster lefty trucks and higher prices. Used to be $2500 Chevys and Fords in decent work truck condition, but that’s shifted a bit lately. Smart guy.
    Really hard to say what it is worth. Small, reliable, and pickup truck is worthless to some, but valuable to others. And quite rare these days in N/A.

9500 USD seems a bit high to me. I like it all the same.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It is hard to view it as a collectible item so the price seems high.

I wish we could still find pick up with normal heights like the Mazda B1800/2000/2200. Seems to me this was much more practical than having to carry things at heights to put them in a truck bed.

I am not even sure these kind of low utes are still sold in Australia like they used to be until recently.
    --
    T h o m a s

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd be happy with something like this one, just so long as it worked dependably.

Jorn Ake
    poet

Flickr
    Books

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sk_tle View Post
    I am not even sure these kind of low utes are still sold in Australia like they used to be until recently.
    Good observation.

The locally built, sedan based utes by GM Holden and Ford haven't been built since around 2016. Of the Japanese brands, only Toyota does a 2wd ute, but theirs only comes in a cab-chassis configuration. No smooth bodywork with snazzy decals like that cool little Mazda.

As a result, prices for used utes down here are quite healthy.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jorn,

You need to make a statement!

https://www.brabus.com/en/cars-for-sale/C4S347.html

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd be happy with something like this one, just so long as it worked dependably.
    https://www.hotmusclecars.com/details.php?id=3152

https://www.cardealfinder.com/autos/...or-125029.html

https://www.hotmusclecars.com/details.php?id=14356

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Love the look of that red and cream Ford. Not a fan of big tires and lift. Riding in my cousin's silver '75 Ford 4x4 as a kid, and my brother's lifted trucks, I don't see the point of trading ease of use for mods that don't increase off-road ability.
    Last edited by 72gmc; 02-04-2021 at 01:02 PM.
    Dan Fuller, local bicycle enthusiast

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 72gmc View Post
    Love the look of that red and cream Ford. Not a fan of big tires and lift. Riding in my cousin's silver '75 Ford 4x4 as a kid, and my brother's lifted trucks, I don't see the point of trading ease of use for mods that don't increase off-road ability.
    I don't think any of the above are lifted. The F250 Highboy (three quarter ton) suspension in the late 70s came that way stock.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Those look great. They don't make pickups with beds like that anymore do they?

I'd need to build a second garage.
    Jorn Ake
    poet

Flickr
    Books

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by caleb View Post
    I don't think any of the above are lifted. The F250 Highboy (three quarter ton) suspension in the late 70s came that way stock.
    It's always hard for me to tell with Highboys.

Jorn, the 8 foot bed is a proper goal. It's not even that hard to find replacement steel sheets if the bottom has speed holes from years of use.
    Last edited by 72gmc; 02-04-2021 at 01:35 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Those look great. They don't make pickups with beds like that anymore do they?

I'd need to build a second garage.
    It would have to stay upstate. I owned an 06 diesel Chevy Silverado 2500 crew cab with an 6 1/2 foot bed and 2” lift kit. It was not easy to find a parking space or a garage space nor was it a reasonable use of money to park it in the city.

But I really really really miss that truck. Big Red. Really wish I still had it. Wish I had listened to my daughter who owned a Colorado when she said “Once you have one, you will never not own a pickup.”
    « If I knew what I was doing, I’d be doing it right now »

-Jon Mandel

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's always hard for me to tell with Highboys.

Jorn, the 8 foot bed is a proper goal. It's not even that hard to find replacement steel sheets if the bottom has speed holes from years of use.
    The husband of the owner of the Copake General Store has a great yellow F250 that he just got a bed re-welded on. He's the cameraman for Steve Hartman's On the Road series on CBS. Totally great guy. Looks like he was born in that truck and never left.
    Jorn Ake
    poet

Flickr
    Books

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The husband of the owner of the Copake General Store has a great yellow F250 that he just got a bed re-welded on. He's the cameraman for Steve Hartman's On the Road series on CBS. Totally great guy. Looks like he was born in that truck and never left.
    I find that people who drive old trucks tend to be in less of a hurry, more pragmatic. A life approach defined by a tan left arm, a good pair of work gloves, and the acknowledgment that having a truck means volunteering yourself and the truck.

At least, that's what I'm aiming for.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

These prices seem unusually low.

SPP
    My name is Peter Miller.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SlowPokePete View Post

These prices seem unusually low.

SPP
    Yeah, I realize I have no idea how to calculate price on old trucks.

I saw a log splitter today out sitting in the snow that looked ancient with a sign on it that said $850.
    Jorn Ake
    poet

Flickr
    Books

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sort of the difference between people who buy trucks for the looks vs people who buy trucks to get work done.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^^^ Nice looking truck. Dad traded the '76 GMC pickup for a Ford Bronco in '80. He proceeded to endure a few years of issues, both self-inflicted (crossing a freshly painted yellow line and splattering the truck) and built-in (a series of build quality headaches such as loose window levers) before he got rid of it. It put him off Fords, but I still like the looks of their 70s-80s trucks.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cheap compared to a Porsche I guess.

Saw that the guy with the purple Nissan also has the white Nissan out with a "For Sale" sign on it. Looks newer by a few years. Unfortunately right now I'd need a 4x4 to park where it is now and walk over to take a look at it. Hopefully he will move it to the usual spot at some point so I can take a look at it. Probably stupid to think it would be any cheaper. As in cheap enough for me, which is pretty damn cheap I am afraid.
    Jorn Ake
    poet

Flickr
    Books

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cheap compared to a Porsche I guess.

Saw that the guy with the purple Nissan also has the white Nissan out with a "For Sale" sign on it. Looks newer by a few years. Unfortunately right now I'd need a 4x4 to park where it is now and walk over to take a look at it. Hopefully he will move it to the usual spot at some point so I can take a look at it. Probably stupid to think it would be any cheaper. As in cheap enough for me, which is pretty damn cheap I am afraid.
    I think some of what you're running into is that an entire generation of work trucks got cash for clunkered and their replacements were both larger and more expensive.