User Tag List

Thread: Mitreing/Coping fixture

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Mitreing/Coping fixture

Made this coping fixture 15 yrs. ago and never used it. Thought I was gonna be building frames but now I'm having to admit it might not happen. Would like to sell this, any suggestions on value? or where to sell?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Better to be ruined than to be silent atmo.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Mitreing/Coping fixture

1) You assign the value. Only you know the time, labor, and materials that went into this.
    2) It looks like you are selling it here atmo.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Two total posts to this user, both of the same type -- thinly disguised "for sale" ads.
    DT

http://www.mjolnircycles.com/

Some are born to move the world to live their fantasies...

"the fun outweighs the suck, and the suck hasn't killed me yet." -- chasea

"Sometimes, as good as it feels to speak out, silence is the only way to rise above the morass. The high road is generally a quiet route." -- echelon_john

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Apologies, everyone, I haven't been around this world for a bit so I thought I would try to get help setting a value on this, I know what I have into it but since it's been 15 yrs. I don't know what it should sell for. Please move/delete post whatever, don't want to make a bad first posting (s) and I could use some help setting the value of my first post on stem jig.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well look at the competition. New jiggers can go for pretty cheap. Yes, I know there's a difference between made for a price point tooling and that which is made to work well. But no one will really know which your's is. So many will just compare claims, then price.

A main concern with these tools is the flexibility/vibration that the cheaper ones have. Whether it's from the base plate, the tubing clamp or the hole saw's shaft (loose within the bushing, or too small a diameter). Do you know how your's does compared to known brands in this regard? Andy.
    Andy Stewart
    10%

Better to be ruined than to be silent atmo.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by P K View Post
    Apologies, everyone, I haven't been around this world for a bit so I thought I would try to get help setting a value on this, I know what I have into it but since it's been 15 yrs. I don't know what it should sell for. Please move/delete post whatever, don't want to make a bad first posting (s) and I could use some help setting the value of my first post on stem jig.
    No worries atmo. Put a price on it - who knows, maybe you'll catch someone here.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

--don't know what it is or does and sure couldn't make it work by/for me, but looks neat as hell..

velocipede -- "friendship & a maxi thesaurus of/for knowledge.."

ronnie with a layman smile

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for allowing this.

This fixture is bomber, at the time "The 'Ol Joint Jigger" or "Lil joint jigger" was the cheap popular tool. I wanted to make something that would crush that sloppy/flimsy thing. I made this with a 1" carburized drill rod shaft through linear bearings in the hard ano'd pillow block. Clamp block is hard ano'd as well, and can accept up to 4" pipe. Main plates are precision ground and oxide coated. This thing has zero slop in shaft/pillow and when clamped/positioned correctly in clamp block, hole saws stay on center up past 3" dia. pipe of all kinds. Has huge range of adjustment for any angle and locates from edge of plate to set angle with common angle finder tool, for super-easy angle setting. Have hack-saw guides as well, air hardended with bearings at the bottom, goes in place of drill block. And somewhere I have a spare shaft with a drill chuck mounted for drilling not hole-sawing.

OK this really does look like a sales pitch. Can we please move both threads? Thanks/sorry.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I recently saw Calfee's bamboo layup demo at the Philly Bike Expo. This Jig would work great for that type of mitering application. (he was displaying one that he sells as part of a kit). You could see what his kits go for or at least just that piece and price accordingly. there may be a bamboo bike forum you a sell it on as well.
    Jim Frain
    Dharma Cycles
    www.dharmacycles.com