User Tag List

Page 62 of 150 FirstFirst ... 525354555657585960616263646566676869707172 ... LastLast
Results 1,221 to 1,240 of 2994

Thread: Virus thread, the political one.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Virus thread, the political one.

Quote Originally Posted by Sbti View Post
    From the lovely Kellyanne, bless her heart:

"This is COVID-19, not COVID-1 folks, and so you would think the people in charge of the World Health Organization, facts, and figures, would be on top of that

She's an alternate virologist and thinks this is the 19th strain of this virus. For ever loving fucks sake!
    She knows what she's doing.

She is evil.
    GO!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

From the lovely Kellyanne, bless her heart:

"This is COVID-19, not COVID-1 folks, and so you would think the people in charge of the World Health Organization, facts, and figures, would be on top of that

She's an alternate virologist and thinks this is the 19th strain of this virus. For ever loving fucks sake!
    And here I thought it was just a coincidence that COVID-19 started in 2019. I wish Kellyanne would have told the medical community after at least COVID-3 to keep their eyes peeled for a doozy.

What's possibly more concerning than her ignorance is her laziness. It takes 3 seconds to search the Google machine to confirm the details of the name, it's origins, and how to understand the various designations for the disease.
    "I guess you're some weird relic of an obsolete age." - davids

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by davids View Post

She is evil.
    Yeah, disregard my post immediately above. It's not her laziness, it's her banking on the laziness of the people she's talking to.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by davids View Post

She is evil.
    Plus, she looks like a witch to boot. It is hard for me to reconcile her - or at least the public face she presents - with her husband. I do not understand how they are still married to each other. (Sorry to turn the salon into a soap; I'll drop and take twenty preemptively.)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Opinion | Trump, the W.H.O., and the Search for a Coronavirus Scapegoat - The New York Times

"Thousands of Americans would be alive today if President Trump had spent more time listening to the World Health Organization instead of trying to destroy it.

Trump’s announcement that he will halt American funding for the W.H.O. just as the world is facing a raging pandemic is a dangerous attempt to find a scapegoat for his own failings. It is like taking away a fire department’s trucks in the middle of a blaze.

Many Americans know nothing about the W.H.O., but its worldwide budget (of which the United States pays about one-fifth) is less than that of some American hospital centers. Yet it is charged with fighting Ebola and polio, saving children’s lives and keeping the world safe from pandemics like this one."
    Guy Washburn

Photography > www.guywashburn.com

“Instructions for living a life: Pay attention. Be astonished. Tell about it.”
    – Mary Oliver

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by guido View Post
    Opinion | Trump, the W.H.O., and the Search for a Coronavirus Scapegoat - The New York Times

"Thousands of Americans would be alive today if President Trump had spent more time listening to the World Health Organization instead of trying to destroy it.

Trump’s announcement that he will halt American funding for the W.H.O. just as the world is facing a raging pandemic is a dangerous attempt to find a scapegoat for his own failings. It is like taking away a fire department’s trucks in the middle of a blaze.

Many Americans know nothing about the W.H.O., but its worldwide budget (of which the United States pays about one-fifth) is less than that of some American hospital centers. Yet it is charged with fighting Ebola and polio, saving children’s lives and keeping the world safe from pandemics like this one."
    Once again, straight out of the dictator playbook. Blame someone else and unite the masses behind your angry self-righteousness. This is so predictable as to be boring. And the masses (at least 49% of the masses at the last big count) will believe and follow. Why did average Germans support Hitler? Why did average Russians support Stalin? Hint: it wasn't just the Gestapo and NKVD. It was the incessant propaganda.

Greg

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The man has no concept about American soft power, nor the notion that the WHO is part of ensuring global stability that aligns with American interests.

It's really incredible how stupid this man is.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by theflashunc View Post
    it's really incredible how stupid this man is.
    qft

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not a proud day for Michiganders. Lack of comprehension. Garden centers being closed, no motorized boats and some other issue on our stay at home order triggered this. Unhappy about the order but it looked more like an angry Trump rally. Open carry of long firearms. Obstructed access to the primary hospital (and delayed ambulances). Friend delivers oxygen and was held up making his deliveries.get into the hospital

Whitmer stay home order protest turns into Trump celebration with Confederate flags and guns ⋆ Michigan Advance

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Coronavirus Testing Falls Woefully Short as Trump Seeks to Reopen U.S. - The New York Times

"Flawed tests, scarce supplies and limited access to screening have hurt the U.S.’s ability to monitor Covid-19, governors and health officials warn.As President Trump pushes to reopen the economy, most of the country is not conducting nearly enough testing to track the path and penetration of the coronavirus in a way that would allow Americans to safely return to work, public health officials and political leaders say.

Although capacity has improved in recent weeks, supply shortages remain crippling, and many regions are still restricting tests to people who meet specific criteria. Antibody tests, which reveal whether someone has ever been infected with the coronavirus, are just starting to be rolled out, and most have not been vetted by the Food and Drug Administration.

Concerns intensified on Wednesday as Senate Democrats released a $30 billion plan for building up what they called “fast, free testing in every community,” saying they would push to include it in the next pandemic relief package. Business leaders, who participated in the first conference call of Mr. Trump’s advisory council on restarting the economy, warned that it would not rebound until people felt safe to re-emerge, which would require more screening."
    Guy Washburn

Photography > www.guywashburn.com

“Instructions for living a life: Pay attention. Be astonished. Tell about it.”
    – Mary Oliver

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SpeedyChix View Post
    Not a proud day for Michiganders. Lack of comprehension. Garden centers being closed, no motorized boats and some other issue on our stay at home order triggered this. Unhappy about the order but it looked more like an angry Trump rally. Open carry of long firearms. Obstructed access to the primary hospital (and delayed ambulances). Friend delivers oxygen and was held up making his deliveries.get into the hospital

Whitmer stay home order protest turns into Trump celebration with Confederate flags and guns ⋆ Michigan Advance
    Garden centers? Really? Here they are considered essential as are hardware stores. Grow your food. Take care of your house, etc.

I'm pretty sure I saw a red hatter wearing an N-95 mask at the protests. Irony.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Coronavirus Testing Falls Woefully Short as Trump Seeks to Reopen U.S. - The New York Times

"Flawed tests, scarce supplies and limited access to screening have hurt the U.S.’s ability to monitor Covid-19, governors and health officials warn.As President Trump pushes to reopen the economy, most of the country is not conducting nearly enough testing to track the path and penetration of the coronavirus in a way that would allow Americans to safely return to work, public health officials and political leaders say.

Although capacity has improved in recent weeks, supply shortages remain crippling, and many regions are still restricting tests to people who meet specific criteria. Antibody tests, which reveal whether someone has ever been infected with the coronavirus, are just starting to be rolled out, and most have not been vetted by the Food and Drug Administration.

Concerns intensified on Wednesday as Senate Democrats released a $30 billion plan for building up what they called “fast, free testing in every community,” saying they would push to include it in the next pandemic relief package. Business leaders, who participated in the first conference call of Mr. Trump’s advisory council on restarting the economy, warned that it would not rebound until people felt safe to re-emerge, which would require more screening."
    Day over day positive test increases have been steady in the 30k range for about a week according to the Hopkins tracker. I have a hard time believing this is the virus suddenly finding some sustainable level as opposed to the limit of our ability to test X number of people each day.

We are a LONG way from getting back to normal and anyone who tells you otherwise cares more about their donor/patrons than actual reality.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Garden centers? Really? Here they are considered essential as are hardware stores. Grow your food. Take care of your house, etc.
    People got 4 months to get all the essential supply they needed. I don't find it a problem to lock these stores for a few weeks. If they rushed for toilet papers a weeks before the lockdown surely they could have bought more essential things instead.

I'm pretty sure you can still be delivered anything you want.
    Last edited by sk_tle; 04-16-2020 at 02:30 AM.
    --
    T h o m a s

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The President's claim to his good job is he banned the Chinese on Feb 3. He said he made a good decision. The WHO disagreed with him at the time and said travel bans don't work.
    We now have the most COVID19 cases globally. I think the ban didn't work.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by vertical_doug View Post
    The President's claim to his good job is he banned the Chinese on Feb 3. He said he made a good decision. The WHO disagreed with him at the time and said travel bans don't work.
    We now have the most COVID19 cases globally. I think the ban didn't work.
    Wasn't there a finding that determined that most infections in the US are of European strains?
    Chikashi Miyamoto

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by COVRTDESIGN View Post
    It's what they are able to do at any time. If you have a bank account that has been negative for at least a month or has been closed due to a negative balance, their debt recovery team can take whatever money in any of the accounts that you have with said bank, to cover the debt. Same with credit, debit, checking, saving, etc.

They do not need to let you know and they do not need to give you any of it back if requested. During these times, if it does happen to you, you can call and at least ask due to hardship.

It is ONLY if that stimulus check is going into an account that you bank with that you have the above with.

If you are getting an actual paper check, just don't deposit it into that bank. If it is direct deposit, most of my family just got theirs this morning in their accounts. Take it out immediately and place it into another bank account.

Or just pay your debt and get it over with. Obviously not you directly, just in general.
    I wonder if the people most in need of that cheque have multiple bank accounts.

In any case, I can't get my head around the fact that an instrument meant to address a cash flow issue is being used to address a balance sheet issue instead. I wouldn't be surprised if, in some countries, that would provoke riots.
    Chikashi Miyamoto

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Chik View Post
    I wonder if the people most in need of that cheque have multiple bank accounts.

In any case, I can't get my head around the fact that an instrument meant to address a cash flow issue is being used to address a balance sheet issue instead. I wouldn't be surprised if, in some countries, that would provoke riots.
    It's a feature not a bug.

It's like the PPP SBL program. If you want the loan forgiven, you need to meet certain criteria- i.e. use it over the next 8 weeks to make payroll, not reduce headcount etc. But is has a low interest rate, no collateral and no personal gtee. As a business owner, you may decide to furlough everyone, payoff existing debts to free collateral and remove personal guarantees which are probably on the existing small business loans which improves your bankruptcy position.

Since the program was administered by banks, they were allowed to prioritize customers by size and other criteria. There was no need to process applications in order. So many small business owners will still be waiting ….

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's a feature not a bug.

It's like the PPP SBL program. If you want the loan forgiven, you need to meet certain criteria- i.e. use it over the next 8 weeks to make payroll, not reduce headcount etc. But is has a low interest rate, no collateral and no personal gtee. As a business owner, you may decide to furlough everyone, payoff existing debts to free collateral and remove personal guarantees which are probably on the existing small business loans which improves your bankruptcy position.

Since the program was administered by banks, they were allowed to prioritize customers by size and other criteria. There was no need to process applications in order. So many small business owners will still be waiting ….
    Are we talking about the same thing?

PS, what are you doing up at this ungodly hour?
    Chikashi Miyamoto

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SpeedyChix View Post

There's just so much going on in that "protest" that it makes my head hurt. Kids roaming with signs during a pandemic, people claiming Whitmer is a Nazi marching alongside actual Nazis, people yelling in support of the 2nd amendment because of a shelter in place order, a guy in an Anonymous/Guy Fawkes/Disobey mask waving a Trump flag, Confederate flags in Union Michigan. Just a remarkable display of ignorance.

Quote Originally Posted by Chik View Post
    Well, this is America. Based on the article above, it's more likely to spark a protest over the size of Trump's signature on the checks.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

From our experience with the 9 banks we've tried to work with, the biggest factor is that they weren't given enough information or lead time to know what they were doing. Conflicting information all around. My guess is that a lot of people will end up with loans based on incorrect data and end up not meeting the criteria for loan forgiveness.