User Tag List

View Poll Results: Will you take the vaccine as soon as it is made available to your category?

Voters
193. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

165 85.49%
  • No

28 14.51%
Page 35 of 94 FirstFirst ... 252627282930313233343536373839404142434445 ... LastLast

Thread: The Vaccine Thread

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: The Vaccine Thread

By the way the national guard guy that gave me my 2nd shot yesterday advised I take a picture of my stamped card before I forget and misplace it . I did. I can see how such a card is easy to get lost or forgotten when it needs to be shown. Just a reminder that everyone should probably do this too.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Australians often look at the US health system with a sense of smug superiority and that applied double for Covid (no deaths here so far this year except for a patient brought in from PNG for treatment).

Our vaccine rollout, however, is a shambles. 3% of the population so far have had a shot at which rate it will take about 7 years before everyone has had two. Since the major effort went into procuring Astra Zeneca, the clot concerns have the antivaxxer monkeys hooting from the treetops at double time which is not helping.

Pride cometh etc etc.
    Mark Kelly

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Fattic View Post
    By the way the national guard guy that gave me my 2nd shot yesterday advised I take a picture of my stamped card before I forget and misplace it . I did. I can see how such a card is easy to get lost or forgotten when it needs to be shown. Just a reminder that everyone should probably do this too.
    I put mine in my passport.
    Jorn Ake
    poet

Flickr
    Books

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jorn...you didn't get a Bill Gates microchip placed in your arm like I did when you got your jab?
    rw saunders
    hey, how lucky can one man get.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rwsaunders View Post
    Jorn...you didn't get a Bill Gates microchip placed in your arm like I did when you got your jab?
    Is that what made it itchy?
    Jorn Ake
    poet

Flickr
    Books

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Fattic View Post
    Staples will laminate your card for free.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by j44ke View Post
    Is that what made it itchy?
    yeah, that's probably the windows vista install. I recommend upgrading to 10 ASAP.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So....booster shots.

I got the jab second week of January. Pfizer Moderna speak in positive terms for a booster within 12 months of Vaccine immunity. That puts me looking for this around Oct. or Nov.

I've never wanted a tattoo however something on the order of what WW1 flying aces would paint on their fuselages comes to mind. Verified Covid19 kills. Heh, ok ok this is serious I'll drop for 20.

What's are the prospects that widely available seasonal boosters will be available within 12 months of the initial Rollout? In my State the first doses were made in avail. Dec. 2020
    Last edited by Too Tall; 04-16-2021 at 07:30 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Based on the fact that we are on the verge of a vaccine glut I suspect a booster will be ready when the time comes. It seems safe to assume that CDC and other entities are collecting data on this as we now have tens of millions of people with at least one dose. Every day brings more data. As such, I'm sure they will learn whether or not we need a booster and when we will need it.

It may become an annual thing like a flu shot or other vaccines. I suspect we'll be ready for this by fall. Hopefully many of the naysayers and vaccine-doubtful people will change their minds or secretly get it while boasting to their antivax friends they didn't get it.

Meanwhile, yesterday I think I did get some side effects, 36 hours after my 2nd dose. Mild chills and very tired. Both of which could have been related to a 50 mile ride I did while slightly underdressed. So take that for what it's worth. Nothing serious enough to keep me down.
    La Cheeserie!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Too Tall View Post
    So....booster shots.

I got the jab second week of January. Pfizer Moderna speak in positive terms for a booster within 12 months of Vaccine immunity. That puts me looking for this around Oct. or Nov.

I've never wanted a tattoo however something on the order of what WW1 flying aces would paint on their fuselages comes to mind. Verified Covid19 kills. Heh, ok ok this is serious I'll drop for 20.

What's are the prospects that widely available seasonal boosters will be available within 12 months of the initial Rollout? In my State the first doses were made in avail. Dec. 2020

I'm really really hoping that someone smart will figure out how to put the latest Covid booster in a single dose syringe combined with seasonal influenza vaccine.
    Maybe not by this fall but hopefully thereafter.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cny rider View Post
    I'm really really hoping that someone smart will figure out how to put the latest Covid booster in a single dose syringe combined with seasonal influenza vaccine.
    Maybe not by this fall but hopefully thereafter.
    Apparently, masking and social distancing all but blew the usual flu numbers out the door.

Agreed, that would be lovely.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

NYTimes has an article this morning on just that subject.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/04/16/w...e-booster.html

Basically think flu shot not one-and-done. Moderna is working on theirs, J&J says their single shot can be used as a booster and an earlier article detailed how Pfizer was reconfiguring their vaccination to cover the Brazilian and South African variants.
    Last edited by j44ke; 04-16-2021 at 08:43 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Saab2000 View Post
    Hopefully many of the naysayers and vaccine-doubtful people will change their minds or secretly get it while boasting to their antivax friends they didn't get it.
    I was thinking about this last night. I'd love to see some hidden camera photos/video of RFK Jr. and Del Bigtree getting COVID shots...

Greg

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by johnmdesigner View Post
    Staples will laminate your card for free.
    I vaguely remember seeing something that advised against this for some reason. Sorry for my lack of gray matter.

Mike
    Mike Noble

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mnoble485 View Post
    I vaguely remember seeing something that advised against this for some reason. Sorry for my lack of gray matter.

Mike
    I think it's because there is space left for future (booster) vaccinations. Obviously, once laminated it can no longer be filled in.

I also saw that maybe the lamination process could potentially smudge the ink.

If you really want a laminated card, make a photo copy and laminate that for carrying around.

The phone pic is a good idea imo.

I gave my card to my wife to hold :)

SPP
    My name is Peter Miller.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Too Tall View Post
    So....booster shots.

My doctor says at a certain point he'll get DNR tattooed over his heart.
    Jay Dwight

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My wife and I got shot #2 today. Nice trip across rt 23 to Oneonta followed by a return detour through Bovina and Andes on rt 28. Plenty of barnitecture. Saw 6 red tailed hawks and 1 ruffed grouse but real show were the innumerable turkey hoe-downs in one field after another. I guess in turkey world, this is the weekend. Feel okay. A bit punched in the arm and some neck stiffness on that side. Hopeful tomorrow won’t be too bad. And thinking about those who did not make it this far.

O Captain! my Captain! our fearful trip is done,
    The ship has weather’d every rack, the prize we sought is won...
    Last edited by j44ke; 04-18-2021 at 07:48 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As I approach the milepost of being vaccinated after a year of anticipation I find my point of view shifting along these lines:

I worked with an organization years ago headed by a person of singular distinction. One day, laboring in the trenches with another grunt many years my senior he allowed, "they say Alan is a genius, but I bet if he was on a fence and there was a fire on one side he would not know which side to get off on."

All too many people I know are faced with a conundrum that to me has an obvious solution, and we are at a huge inflection point. Hobson's choice, Pascal's wager, Just Do It- whatever works.

We will see how this plays out, but I am glad to be vaccinated, come what may.
    Jay Dwight

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Feeling pretty good actually. Injection arm feels a bit weird from shoulder to elbow, but then my right hip feels weird but that just from driving 4-5 hours and I whacked the pointy bone on my other elbow trying to get yogurt out of our carnivorous refrigerator before the door slammed shut so you know, just another day at the farm of life.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by j44ke View Post
    Feeling pretty good actually. Injection arm feels a bit weird from shoulder to elbow, but then my right hip feels weird but that just from driving 4-5 hours and I whacked the pointy bone on my other elbow trying to get yogurt out of our carnivorous refrigerator before the door slammed shut so you know, just another day at the farm of life.
    You forgot to mention that Claudia feels fine.

SPP
    My name is Peter Miller.