User Tag List

Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Think there would be any interested in a specialty items for sale thread?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Think there would be any interested in a specialty items for sale thread?

As I was looking through my watch case last night, I got to thinking...which can sometimes be a bad thing.

Do you guys think there is room on this site of a specialty sales section. I have a watch or two I would be willing to part with for cash, bike stuff, other collectibles, etc. I also have other cool stuff (vintage cufflinks, etc) that someone else might want to put to good use, trade, etc.

This may come across as sounding like a desire for a swap meet, but I bet there are other guys on here that would like to trade watches, fountain pens, bespoke items, etc.

Thoughts?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Think there would be any interested in a specialty items for sale thread?

Sure... I have a Klepper folding kayak, an IWC 3251, some nice Aldens, all of which could be traded for bike stuff.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Think there would be any interested in a specialty items for sale thread?

It's up to the mods, of course, but I've had thoughts along similar lines. Thumbs up from me.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1984 Topps Don Mattingly rookie card.

Will trade for a Gaulzetti.
    my name is Matt

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

as a whole, i would rather do business with a salonist than nearly anyone else. i wouldn't buy a used watch or super record derailer anywhere except here (or MAYBE the old here....heavy on the MAYBE).

shaner

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It might be a very good thing. I have Instruments, watches, how about a convertible ready to restore?
    Dovid@dhoffman.consulting

Fundamentally the marksmen aims at himself.
    -Zen in the Art of Archery

Better to be ruined than to be silent atmo.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rbaker2778 View Post
    As I was looking through my watch case last night, I got to thinking...which can sometimes be a bad thing.

Do you guys think there is room on this site of a specialty sales section.<cut>

i think it could be an interesting sub board, at least in beta testing: a classified for non-cycling related stuff atmo.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I vote subforum.
    steve cortez

FNG

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It sounds like there are a lot of thumbs up for this idea. I would love it. I would get the party started with one of my Seamasters that I rarely wear, and maybe a couple of Mont Blanc pens, if that is anyone's interest.

I collect guitars too, so that might make for some interesting trading. As stated above, the reason I thought this was a good idea is because I would never trade my possessions anywhere else on the web. On here, I would feel 100% confident.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How would this be different than current itteration of Classifieds?

Is it a barter , auction or ????

Help me understand.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like this idea too. Sometimes you have cool stuff that you no longer have a need for and want cool people to have a chance at it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Too Tall View Post
    How would this be different than current itteration of Classifieds?

Is it a barter , auction or ????

Help me understand.
    My original thought was just that it was a section for non-bike items to be listed for sale, trade, whatever. For example, I have multiple watches, and even a couple of close doubles of almost the same watch. When purchased, they were all good ideas. Now some of them spend more time in the winder then on a wrist. I would personally sell it, trade it for another watch, trade it for a bike, trade it for the right guitar or bass, whatever. I know someone on here would love my America's Cup Seamaster for example. That said, there is no where else on the web that I would feel comfortable buying or selling anything.

This isn't much different from the classifieds, but it gives a spot to list non-bike items. I personally would use it more for trade than sale, but if someone is looking for an outlet to free up some cash by selling other cool items, why not?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by velobran View Post
    I like this idea too. Sometimes you have cool stuff that you no longer have a need for and want cool people to have a chance at it.
    This quote says my thoughts perfectly. Cool stuff to share with other cool people.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So you log onto a bike forum to trade your Telecaster for a Seiko?

Sure, sounds good.
    Got some cash
    Bought some wheels
    Took it out
    'Cross the fields
    Lost Control
    Hit a wall
    But we're alright

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chasea View Post
    So you log onto a bike forum to trade your Telecaster for a Seiko?

Sure, sounds good.
    I am interested in a Telecaster, if you have one to trade. I have no Seiko to offer, but what else are you interested in?

See how cool that would be.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Personally I log into a bike forum to re-learn how to dress myself.

AllsI'mSayin.

Trade away.
    "Old and standing in the way of progress"

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jitahs View Post
    Personally I log into a bike forum to re-learn how to dress myself.

AllsI'mSayin.

Trade away.
    That was my hesitation with The Art of Wardrobe in the first place. Took some pokin' and proddin' from the bigwigs to get me to do it. Its their place, so let them decide.

PS- If that's your reason for logging in here, then you're not obviously not doing it enough. AllsI'msayin'.
    Got some cash
    Bought some wheels
    Took it out
    'Cross the fields
    Lost Control
    Hit a wall
    But we're alright

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There is a saddle trading thread in the classifieds. Why couldn't we have a "cool stuff" trading thread in this sub-forum. The Art of Wardrobe forum has been a big part of the Salon evolving beyond the bike.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I believe permission has been granted - post away.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

While I haven't seen a formal "thums up" from the powers that be, it doesn't seem like there is too much resistence to the idea either. What I was hoping for is that whoever has the ability to do so could create the sub forum in the classifieds, so it gets exposure. A sub forum of Non Cyling Classifieds, where we can trade, buy, and sell our cool non cyling stuff.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast