Dear Guest, Please register or login. Content don't create itself! Thank you

User Tag List

Page 124 of 176 FirstFirst ... 114115116117118119120121122123124125126127128129130131132133134 ... LastLast
Results 2,461 to 2,480 of 3503

Thread: Timepieces

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: timepieces

The Panerai that I owned had the cyclops on the inside of the crystal.
    Eat one live toad first thing in the morning and nothing worse will happen to you all day.

Better to be ruined than to be silent atmo.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

An FYI.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Definitely needs a proper strap.
    The case is quite thick but very nice, and the dial is better then what the picture shows

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know the SKX purists aren't the biggest fans of the newest Seiko 5 series release, but I think Seiko's playing this one pretty smartly. Helluva watch for the money.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think it's ok given the exclusive issue, but they should have included another strap, too.
    The supplied NATO one feels quite cheap, I would have expected something better, to match the finish of the case.
    500 bucks is not little money for a Seiko Sport... even though, the dial needs to be seen in person, here's a closer shot I found online

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I got a wild hair up my ass this past week and sold off a few watches. I sold the Oceanus S100 for only ~$20 less than what I had in it (including the clasp) and turned around and bought the newer steel Oceanus T200 with the dark blue dial. I have the Save The Ocean Samurai listed on ebay and will likely make a bit of money on it it (it's got 1 bid already for what I paid for it, and 17 watchers). I loved the dial, but it was just too chunky and thick for my skinny wrist. So I was eyeing the blue Citizen Promaster diver, and noticed it was on sale at the moment on Amazon for only $130 Robot Check so I went ahead and ordered it along with a blue Barton Elite Silicone band, which I can use on the Citizen, Oceanus, or my other Citizen. If I find I like the Citizen diver and will keep it I'll get a sapphire crystal for it as well, but I'm gonna wait to make sure it's a keeper.

Citizen diver will be here Weds. Not sure when the Oceanus will be here as it's coming from Japan.

Dustin Gaddis
    www.MiddleGaEpic.com
    Why do people feel the need to list all of their bikes in their signature?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dgaddis View Post
    I got a wild hair up my ass this past week and sold off a few watches...Citizen diver will be here Weds. Not sure when the Oceanus will be here as it's coming from Japan.
    I may have warned you about 20 pages back to enjoy the trip down the rabbit hole of watches.

Apparently you are (or are becoming) a flipper.

Since there is no such thing as the perfect watch, hold on and enjoy the ride.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Haha, Dustin, I did, too. Actually sold a ton of stuff, household, bike, watch. Being cooped up bottled all my horse trading energy, and I suppose it had to come out. Sold my Yema Navygraf (it's on a slow boat to Australia as we speak - praying for its safe arrival). I kinda miss it, but it was a wee too small for my wrist, though man that dial and sapphire bezel insert were cool. I nabbed the Squale 50 Atmos I wanted all along and I really like it. Got another sailcloth on the way. The MKS one on my Yema was starting to crack after just about six months. I ordered a spendy one from Artem; hopefully it does better when I get it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Given the demise of the ISO rated SKX, the Citizen Promaster really is the dive watch to have at that price point. Just stupidly good value in a watch.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by zambenini View Post
    ...I nabbed the Squale 50 Atmos I wanted all along and I really like it...
    Glad you finally go it. Looks like a keeper.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

NTH is about to release the Swiftsure, which looks pretty good to my eye. Depending on final price and what movement they settle on, this may be a fun one to put in the rotation. i like the subtle color accent.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Also, i own that citizen diver. both the black and the blue model. it's a solid watch, in every respect.

the band is a piece of garbage though, really stiff and uncomfortable. this one rides well on a nato.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AngryScientist View Post
    Also, i own that citizen diver. both the black and the blue model. it's a solid watch, in every respect.

the band is a piece of garbage though, really stiff and uncomfortable. this one rides well on a nato.
    That's what I've read. Luckily I've got a box full of 20mm straps!
    Dustin Gaddis
    www.MiddleGaEpic.com
    Why do people feel the need to list all of their bikes in their signature?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am a big fan of the NTH Swiftsure too. I would assume it will have a Miyota 9000 series movement in it, if history is a guide. The name? Not my favorite but certainly not a deal killer.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Earlier this year while visiting a Rolex AD in my futile search for a non-used/gray Explorer 1, I noticed they also sold Grand Seiko. As a watch nerd I'd been paying attention to this brand out of admiration for the finishing but was never considering buying one. Especially something that wasn't in their tool watch lines as I usually gravitate towards divers, etc. Anyway, I took the opportunity to check them out and walked out the door with this...

small close seiko rotate.jpg

Excuse the quality, it's really hard to photograph. I also can't seem to figure out how to rotate it correctly. I just found it mesmerizing and it has me looking at watches I wouldn't have paid much attention to previously. I switched out the bracelet for this leather one from Atelier de Griff and it is a better match IMO. Really happy with it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Congratulations, good score!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NYCfixie View Post
    Glad you finally go it. Looks like a keeper.
    Thanks! The heart wants what the heart wants, I suppose. This is a little more rugged, which suits me a bit better. The Yema was a more subtle sports watch; subtle, I am not.

Doesn't disappoint, though I admit after having the sapphire bezel insert on the Yema, I've been tempted by Island Watch's mod for these. Not sure modding a watch is in my wheelhouse yet, but it looks cool.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Thad Pasquale View Post
    Earlier this year while visiting a Rolex AD in my futile search for a non-used/gray Explorer 1, I noticed they also sold Grand Seiko. As a watch nerd I'd been paying attention to this brand out of admiration for the finishing but was never considering buying one. Especially something that wasn't in their tool watch lines as I usually gravitate towards divers, etc. Anyway, I took the opportunity to check them out and walked out the door with this...

small close seiko rotate.jpg

Excuse the quality, it's really hard to photograph. I also can't seem to figure out how to rotate it correctly. I just found it mesmerizing and it has me looking at watches I wouldn't have paid much attention to previously. I switched out the bracelet for this leather one from Atelier de Griff and it is a better match IMO. Really happy with it.
    The snowflakes are absolutely stunning and top notch. Kudos.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by zambenini View Post
    Thanks! The heart wants what the heart wants, I suppose. This is a little more rugged, which suits me a bit better. The Yema was a more subtle sports watch; subtle, I am not.

Doesn't disappoint, though I admit after having the sapphire bezel insert on the Yema, I've been tempted by Island Watch's mod for these. Not sure modding a watch is in my wheelhouse yet, but it looks cool.
    One of the easiest mods. All you need is a sharp blade to release the current one (most probably held on by 3M double sided tape) and a good eye for alignment to install the new one. No need to remove the entire bezel. Even if you damage the old (and/or LI) one, Squale sells replacements.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Thad Pasquale View Post
    walked out the door with this...

small close seiko rotate.jpg. Really happy with it.
    Lovely. GS is something else. You’ll stop some people in their tracks with that one.
    Geoff used to race around on a Brodie Sovereign
    Geoff Morgan