User Tag List

Page 320 of 350 FirstFirst ... 310311312313314315316317318319320321322323324325326327328329330 ... LastLast
Results 6,381 to 6,400 of 6992

Thread: Automobiles

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Automobiles

« If I knew what I was doing, I’d be doing it right now »

-Jon Mandel

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hopefully not prematurely, I've removed my winter wheels and tires because I was excited to try my new summer wheels. I got a set of Martian Wheels for the Model Y and am enjoying them very much. They look way better than the originals..... Additionally, they're about 6-7 lbs lighter per wheel than the original porkers.

Recently I joined some friends for a drive to the Florida Panhandle for some fat biking and all went well. After a small mindset change on how and where charging happens, it becomes just like any other road trip. I used level 2 chargers at hotels on the way down and back north. I'll definitely be looking for this perk for hotel stops in the future. Also, kept it topped up with a basic wall outlet charger at the house we stayed at. Tesla Superchargers are really pretty decent. Unlike a gas pump, I can walk away from the vehicle while it is charging to use a restroom or get food or whatever. Yes, it takes longer but was generally less tedious and burdensome than I had expected it would be.

Anyone do any spring modifications on their personal cars? There are kits available but I'm a bit concerned about ruining a ride quality that's decent, albeit a bit bouncy at times. Ride quality is something the Model Y has struggled with, though it has improved on recent models, which mine is. I wouldn't mind lowering this a bit because I think the gaps around the tires are fugly. An SUV this thing is not, even though they sort of market it as such.

I know we have some actual car experts and I'd love to hear their thoughts on a slight reduction in ride height via an Eibach spring kit.

The rocket is near Huntsville, AL and is a pre-Saturn V prototype. No "borrowed" German rocket scientist work here......... No sireee......

Probably should have made a ride report post but I'll combine. The bottom picture is one of the few places in the Point Washington State Forest where a non-fatbike would work. Much of this place is soft and the fat bike rolls on top of the sand. It's a lot of fun. Bike worked great. It's a niche product but where it is at its best, there's no substitute.

La Cheeserie!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anyone in these parts got a Kia Stinger? I'm drawn to everything about this little pseudo-German piece.

Except the depreciation. I'm not used to that.

Now that we aren't dealing with team stuff, the need to fit a couple 6ft EZ-Ups is no longer a high priority.
    -Dustin

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dashDustin View Post
    Anyone in these parts got a Kia Stinger? I'm drawn to everything about this little pseudo-German piece.

Except the depreciation. I'm not used to that.

Now that we aren't dealing with team stuff, the need to fit a couple 6ft EZ-Ups is no longer a high priority.
    I looked at one once. Pretty cool. Liftback is a high point. Seems like an Audi A5 but less costly and less premium. Probably less premium to own though as well.

If you want a new one you’d better look fast. I believe it’ll be going out of production soon.
    La Cheeserie!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Saab2000 View Post
    Hopefully not prematurely, I've removed my winter wheels and tires because I was excited to try my new summer wheels. I got a set of Martian Wheels for the Model Y and am enjoying them very much. They look way better than the originals..... Additionally, they're about 6-7 lbs lighter per wheel than the original porkers.
    I'm gonna blame you for arrival of second winter and third winter

My winter tires stay on until early April, and even then I'm feeling like I'm tempting fate...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by echappist View Post
    I'm gonna blame you for arrival of second winter and third winter

My winter tires stay on until early April, and even then I'm feeling like I'm tempting fate...
    I’m about 100 miles south of you….!
    La Cheeserie!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not that far from you and we have 3-4 GT-2's and 1-2 Gt-lines. Really Fun cars to drive, I'm in Davenport IA and work at a KIA Dealership. PM me and I'll send you more info. Mods you know what to do if not allowed. Thanks!
    Frank Beshears

The gentlest thing in the world
    overcomes the hardest thing in the world.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A few weeks back, I posted how much I liked this.

When I get back from Japan, looks what shows up in the garage.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@vertical_doug - I've never seen one in the wild. But the former Mrs. SAAB2000, who is a lifetime car industry veteran as a dealership owner, has a neighbor at one of her garages who owns a Bugatti. He offered her the opportunity to drive and and she declined the offer because she's scared of how expensive a Bugatti is. She's not afraid of fast cars mind you.... She owns a couple of Corvettes, including a Z06 and her daily driver is a Cadillac CTS-V. And she is bemused by the fact that I drive an EV but since we're not married anymore I get to make my own automotive choices! At least we're still good friends.
    Last edited by Saab2000; 03-07-2023 at 09:13 AM.
    La Cheeserie!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[QUOTE=Saab2000;1094201]Hopefully not prematurely, I've removed my winter wheels and tires because I was excited to try my new summer wheels. I got a set of Martian Wheels for the Model Y and am enjoying them very much. They look way better than the originals..... Additionally, they're about 6-7 lbs lighter per wheel than the original porkers.

Recently I joined some friends for a drive to the Florida Panhandle for some fat biking and all went well. After a small mindset change on how and where charging happens, it becomes just like any other road trip. I used level 2 chargers at hotels on the way down and back north. I'll definitely be looking for this perk for hotel stops in the future. Also, kept it topped up with a basic wall outlet charger at the house we stayed at. Tesla Superchargers are really pretty decent. Unlike a gas pump, I can walk away from the vehicle while it is charging to use a restroom or get food or whatever. Yes, it takes longer but was generally less tedious and burdensome than I had expected it would be.

Anyone do any spring modifications on their personal cars? There are kits available but I'm a bit concerned about ruining a ride quality that's decent, albeit a bit bouncy at times. Ride quality is something the Model Y has struggled with, though it has improved on recent models, which mine is. I wouldn't mind lowering this a bit because I think the gaps around the tires are fugly. An SUV this thing is not, even though they sort of market it as such.

I know we have some actual car experts and I'd love to hear their thoughts on a slight reduction in ride height via an Eibach spring kit.

The rocket is near Huntsville, AL and is a pre-Saturn V prototype. No "borrowed" German rocket scientist work here......... No sireee......

Probably should have made a ride report post but I'll combine. The bottom picture is one of the few places in the Point Washington State Forest where a non-fatbike would work. Much of this place is soft and the fat bike rolls on top of the sand. It's a lot of fun. Bike worked great. It's a niche product but where it is at its best, there's no substitute.

What size rim did you pick? Did you research other wheels? We’re planning to pick up a summer set up, then change out the stock rims to a winter set. I’ve been looking at these
    https://tsportline.com/collections/model-y-wheels

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[QUOTE=Todd Amunrud;1094248]

What size rim did you pick? Did you research other wheels? We’re planning to pick up a summer set up, then change out the stock rims to a winter set. I’ve been looking at these
    https://tsportline.com/collections/model-y-wheels
    I have 19“x 8.5” wheels and I did look at T Sportline wheels as well. They’re quite nice. But I saw a few videos about the Martians and went that direction. I got the 19” wheels on the factory order because they don’t offer an 18” option! The larger ones aren’t my cup of tea. They’re really heavy and I’m not really a fan of their appearance. But that’s just me. Obviously, many people like them.
    Last edited by Saab2000; 03-07-2023 at 10:30 AM.
    La Cheeserie!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[QUOTE=Saab2000;1094256]
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd Amunrud View Post

I have 19“x 8.5” wheels and I did look at T Sportline wheels as well. They’re quite nice. But I saw a few videos about the Martians and went that direction. I got the 19” wheels on the factory order because they don’t offer an 18” option! The larger ones aren’t my cup of tea. They’re really heavy and I’m not really a fan of their appearance. But that’s just me. Obviously, many people like them.
    I’m not a big aesthetic fan of the stock 19” wheels with the hubcaps. I also don’t like the 20” options from Tesla. I’m hoping to turn the stock set into my winter set up. Gonna keep on digging…

That setup looks great btw!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[QUOTE=Todd Amunrud;1094266]

I’m not a big aesthetic fan of the stock 19” wheels with the hubcaps. I also don’t like the 20” options from Tesla. I’m hoping to turn the stock set into my winter set up. Gonna keep on digging…

That setup looks great btw!
    Thanks. As of now I’ve got the stock 19” Gemini wheels as my winter setup. I had the tires swapped shortly after buying the car and ordered the Martians. They took a while to arrive and when they did I had the original tires installed. So these aren’t really summer tires, just the original all-seasons.

Also, I also think the stock 19” Gemini wheels are pretty ugly, with or without the hubcaps/aerodynamic fairings. They can be seen a few pages back when I got the car in December. I may try to sell them before next winter or at least get them painted or powder coated black.
    Last edited by Saab2000; 03-07-2023 at 12:45 PM.
    La Cheeserie!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@vertical_doug - I've never seen one in the wild. But the former Mrs. SAAB2000, who is a lifetime car industry veteran as a dealership owner, has a neighbor at one of her garages who owns a Bugatti. He offered her the opportunity to drive and and she declined the offer because she's scared of how expensive a Bugatti is. She's not afraid of fast cars mind you.... She owns a couple of Corvettes, including a Z06 and her daily driver is a Cadillac CTS-V. And she is bemused by the fact that I drive an EV but since we're not married anymore I get to make my own automotive choices! At least we're still good friends.
    Somehow that happened to my friend in Chertsey back in 2007. He was driving his brother's Veyron in the rain and lost control and spun it out into a hedgerow. Somehow, the Dailymail heard about the accident and splashed in onto the pages of the Daily Fail. I think it is still a sore point.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You’ll want to consult Eibach before you order springs. Changing the spring rates can cause premature wear to the OEM shocks and struts if they don’t all play nicely together. You may need to get aftermarket shocks and struts that can handle the stiffer springs. Coilovers are also an option, but they are expensive and may be a bit too over-the-top for your use case.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

First time I've seen one of these, spotted on neighborhood walk, smaller than it looks.

The older I get the faster I was Brian Clare

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like. Manual locking hubs too.
    Jay Dwight

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Upstate NY dichotomy…

« If I knew what I was doing, I’d be doing it right now »

-Jon Mandel

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My pop has had a few toys (one at a time) over the years; mainly a couple late 70s Beetle ragtops and a 68 Landcruiser.
    The latest is a 62 or 63. Can’t wait to see it in person.

my name is Matt

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by robin3mj View Post

Hard to believe that is 60(!) years old-it looks flawless.