Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: U.S. auto designers CAN make cool stuff! Check out this Cadilac concept

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default U.S. auto designers CAN make cool stuff! Check out this Cadilac concept

So cool.

Cadillac Ciel Concept Gallery Photos | Cadillac Ciel Concept Gallery Pictures - Yahoo! Autos

I bet GM would sell every one of 'em.

And Detroit would come out (slowly) of the ashes of ruin.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: U.S. auto designers CAN make cool stuff! Check out this Cadilac concept

My opinion is different. I think it is ugly and looks to be something intended for the upper .01% of this country which is gaining more and more wealth. Hate to say it, but that thing looks to me like Cadillacs have always looked - gaudy and ugly and tasteless.

Just my $.02......

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: U.S. auto designers CAN make cool stuff! Check out this Cadilac concept

There are a few Cadillacs I really like but that one is ugly as hell.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I dig it, but Cadillac will never be cool. I'd only be caught dead in a Cadillac (hearse).

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Saab2000 View Post
    My opinion is different. I think it is ugly and looks to be something intended for the upper .01% of this country which is gaining more and more wealth. Hate to say it, but that thing looks to me like Cadillacs have always looked - gaudy and ugly and tasteless.

Just my $.02......
    Agreed.... There is more to being "green" than putting a hybrid label on it. We need to start thinking more like everyone else in the world when it comes to excess. We are the kings of excess and use more resources than any one else. Small light vehicles are the future until we get better public transit systems in place....or new fuel alternatives are available. A car 2/3 of that size could save a staggering amounts of raw materials over a production run and have less impact on our degrading infrastructure.... Long live the bicycle!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It looks like something Dick Tracy would drive, but not in a good way.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like the design a lot.

BUT I also agree with Jef58. There's a huge amount of desire to push design in "greener" directions but I keep thinking that "green" design marketing is just another way of suggesting that what you have is obsolete before it actually is.

I'm reminded of a bit I heard on NPR a few years ago. The speaker (I don't remember who) suggested that the "greenest" car someone could buy is a used car made within the past 10 years.
    elysian
    Tom Tolhurst

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That car is ugly as a hatful of assholes. It looks like the retarded child of an XLR, a Chrysler 300, and a 6-series BMW.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Love it. The slab sides and long tail and suicide doors rip off the early 60s Lincoln Continental (the one Kennedy was riding in when assassinated) but hey.

Love that CTS-V wagon, too.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think it looks cool.

If I were going to drive a car that was unapologetically a status symbol, I'd rather get behind the wheel of a Caddie every day than a Mercedes or BMW. Somehow it seems more straightforward, with a little less pretense.

Of course the most pretentious cars right now (in the literal sense that they operate within a contradictory text and subtext) are the "minor" Euro imports like Volvo, Audi, Land Rover, etcetera. Somehow they're also the luxury cars I find most appealing and would least mind driving.

A Volvo XC70? Yes, please.

Yes, I'm a conflicted hypocrite.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

HAHAHAHAHA a Volvo catching air. Priceless.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Too Tall View Post
    HAHAHAHAHA a Volvo catching air. Priceless.
    My Volvo only catches air when the windows are down. I might need to try that jump on a steep train track crossing sometime.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I love me some old Volvos. I was only ever able to get the front wheels of my 240dl off the ground. Even that was an accomplishment.
    There is water at the bottom of the ocean.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't know how this turned into a Volvo thread, but I love my Volvo too. I would love a P1800 project car to play with on weekends. Or a Koenigsegg remake...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gagortion!! I owned an'57 fleetwood, salmon pink with full chrome revue.. Man that was a beuutiful hunk.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That Caddie is a fugly train(wreck).

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My grandmother made some of Elvis's stage clothes and he paid her with a Caddie. Had he paid her with this one, you'd all have an image of The King wearing a burlap sack in your heads right now.

Fugly. Done.
    Got some cash
    Bought some wheels
    Took it out
    'Cross the fields
    Lost Control
    Hit a wall
    But we're alright

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Effin haters gotta hate. It's a CONCEPT CAR. Of course it won't be for everyone. Holy shite, it's a Cadillac Concept Car, certainly not for everyone.

That's like bitchin because Lambo's are ugly...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lambo's aren't ugly. The market for that Cadillac is all the nouveaux riche crackhead pimps in Southern Cal.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fins will make a comeback here soon.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast