Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Apple external display help

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Apple external display help

I just bought a new powerbook pro 2018 w/ Mojave and cannot get it to recognize my apple Led Cinema Display. I bought an apple adapter mini display port to usb3 which I connect the monitor to the computer and nothing happens. I tried all the tricks and nothing seems to work. Any suggestions?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Apple external display help

Quote Originally Posted by joosttx View Post
    I just bought a new powerbook pro 2018 w/ Mojave and cannot get it to recognize my apple Led Cinema Display. I bought an apple adapter mini display port to usb3 which I connect the monitor to the computer and nothing happens. I tried all the tricks and nothing seems to work. Any suggestions?
    I figured it out. I bought a thunderbolt 2 to USB-c adapter instead of a min display port.....

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hold onto that Apple display until it burns out. Now that Apple is no longer making displays, Dell actually makes some of the better displays for use with Apple products. But silly stuff like adapters and cable compatibility is common. It just works is more like it just works with an adapter and one of any number of very similar-looking cables.
    Last edited by j44ke; 11-30-2018 at 09:47 AM.
    Jorn Ake
    poet

Flickr
    Books

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by j44ke View Post
    Hold onto that Apple display until it burns out. Now that Apple is no longer making displays, Dell actually makes some of the better displays for use with Apple products. But silly stuff like adapters and cable compatibility is common. It just works is more like it just works with an adapter and one of any number of very similar-looking cables.
    Jorn, for your reference:

Connecting an Apple LED Cinema Display to a USB-C MacBook or MacBook Pro? Here are the adapters you need | Macworld