Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Webisode #2 Building a Frame

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Webisode #2 Building a Frame

For those of you that are interested I just posted a new webisode on my site. It's a quick overview of my frame building process. I thought it would be fun for people to get a glimpse of the way I do things. It's very superficial and if you are a framebuilder you will wonder where all the steps are but it was getting pretty long so we kept it basic for the casual observer. I may focus on certain processes in later additions. It’s pretty obvious that I’m a framebuilder and not a “on air talent”. It’s been broken into three parts so we could up load it to YouTube to take advantage of their streaming. For fun at home, if you drink every time I say “OK” it will make a great drinking game.

Carl Strong
    Strong Frames Inc.
    www.strongframes.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I hope you sell a thousand bikes because of that video. So damned professional in appearance and so great for educating a consumer on all that goes into making a bike. You and your producer must be proud.

P.S. My what a tiny HAZ you have...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mjbabcock View Post
    P.S. My what a tiny HAZ you have...
    um, thanks Jason.... I think
    Carl Strong
    Strong Frames Inc.
    www.strongframes.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So , to have to ask, with a video that involved you must have had a script and a plan for production with respect to footage. How many hours went into that 20 minutes? I'm guessing 25.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mjbabcock View Post
    So , to have to ask, with a video that involved you must have had a script and a plan for production with respect to footage. How many hours went into that 20 minutes? I'm guessing 25.
    We tried to keep it simple, no script. Basically I just started building a frame. Aaron (the guy who made it) would ask questoins. Some stuff we'd do several times so he could get a couple different angles. Once all the footage was shot he spent about 20 hours editing. The biggest challenge was getting the time down to a reasonable length.

Looking at it I can see a lot of room for improvement, especially with the script and my performance. To do a reallygreat job would take a lot more time than I could invest and still get frames built.

I figure it took a couple days of my time and a week of Aarons time. If we decided not to leave anything on the table, my guess is that we'd have to spend about four fold as much time as we did.
    Carl Strong
    Strong Frames Inc.
    www.strongframes.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

From a marketing perspective I'd give these an A+. From a peer's perspective I wish you would have shown more detail welding the tough spots!
    Anthony Maietta
    Web Site | Blog | Flickr
    "The person who says it can not be done, should not interrupt the person doing it."

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by anthonymaietta View Post
    From a marketing perspective I'd give these an A+. From a peer's perspective I wish you would have shown more detail welding the tough spots!
    Thanks Tony, it was a fine line between being an information video and a tutorial. I left lots of stuff out for lots of reasons. As you know I’m all for sharing, I just want to be picky about who I'm sharing with.
    Carl Strong
    Strong Frames Inc.
    www.strongframes.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Hey Carl,

Do you think you could give me some hot pointers? How does Wednesday work for you?

I though the videos were great, but are you going to answer that phone in the background or what?
    Erik Rolf
    Ketchum, ID
    Visit the website @ http://www.alliancebicycles.com