User Tag List

Thread: Mct Oil

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Mct Oil

Has anyone used this? If so, can you share yer experience/results? Also: Bulletproof Coffee. I've read lots of stuff, I am looking for 1st hand real-life experience. As you were...wait, this be OT, here are some pretty girls.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    you're not the lord of the flies

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Mct Oil

. . . . . . . . .

Not sure why talk about medium chain triglycerides has to intersect pictures of ladies.

Supposedly MCT helps your body burn fat. This has only been "proven" in animal studies and IIRC the testing protocol + population sample was less than statistically awesome.

Calories in / Calories out. That's really what 95% of us have to worry about.
    elysian
    Tom Tolhurst

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mainemike View Post
    wait, this be OT, here are some pretty girls.
    Can we not do these, if for no other reason than

This Salon is meant to remain workplace friendly (Source: http://www.velocipedesalon.com/forum/faq.php)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think we're gonna need another boat....

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm guessing that she doesn't need a life-vest for floatation.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mainemike has boat pictures too

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm wanting to see more of that 280z.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How can an internet forum be workplace friendly? You should be working at work surely?
    I have yet to see an unsuitable post from MM. He is clearly a man with impeccable taste.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They won't make you faster on the bike.

Male or Female

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bertiewhang View Post
    How can an internet forum be workplace friendly? You should be working at work surely?
    I have yet to see an unsuitable post from MM. He is clearly a man with impeccable taste.
    I don't think it's that uncommon to work in a place where it's not considered acceptable to be looking at pictures of half naked people (in this case, quite a lovely one). I work at work (not that that's any of your business), but I do sometimes take a break and check the salon or whatever. I'm not being a prude or impugning mm's character, and I would not have said anything if the work-safe thing were not a stated policy of the forum. No beef with MM. He's a big boy and can do whatever he wants, and I'm no mod, which is why I asked instead of telling.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ok, so back on topic here - I've been doing the "Bulletproof" coffee thing for about two weeks now. I started by just using grass fed ghee and regular coconut oil in my morning coffee, then blending it. After that "working" (and by working = it really did a fantastic job of appetite suppression until lunch) for a few days I bought a bottle of the concentrated MCT oil he sells and some of his "upgraded" coffee cartridges for my Keurig.

ATMO:
    The coffee blended with the ghee in my BlendTec is quite delicious. I wasn't a big coffee drinker previously, but I enjoy this quite a bit. Using the Kerrygold grass fed butter (from Trader Joes) is less creamy (and has less fat). I never noticed any taste effect from the coconut oil, and the concentrated MCT oil is flavorless. The concentrated MCT oil is strong. I had to make a few out-of-routine potty breaks the first few mornings I used it.

The upgraded coffee he sells is a bit on the bland side for me.

As I mentioned before, a 10-11oz cup of this butter and MCT oil coffee in the AM is enough to get me until lunch most days without any problems. I may have a small handful of almonds around 11am but that's it - and it doesn't take much food to top off the tank at lunch. 20-24 oz of green smoothie, a chicken sausage with some spinach or a 6" sub and I'm good.

I'll start up bike commuting again next week, so that will give me a few more data points on this as well. I just rode a hard 8 miles during the first half of my lunch break on the cross bike and I felt fine, so that's good.

Reduced "brain fog"? Not sure yet. I've been cheating a lot by using regular coffee to make this, so no determination yet on if the upgraded coffee is snake oil or not. But maybe I should - my short term memory is shite (long term is freakishly good) so that was one of the reasons I gave this a whirl.

So that's my $.02 after about two weeks of this. Do I feel great? Hard to say, but I know I don't feel bad or like I'm starving myself - despite the fact that there are minimal vitamins and other nutrients like that in my breakfast. I try to make up for that by having a large smoothie packed with veggies and some fruit for at least one of my meals. I'm a type II diabetic (yay heredity/genetics) so I generally tend to eat fairly low carb anyway - the lack of carbs in the AM was not an earth shattering behavior change for me.

Sorry that was all over the place, but maybe it helps someone.

Ryan

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I did the Bulletproof coffee for a while. Yes, it did suppress my appetite until lunch. I did not notice a large difference between using coconut oil and mct oil.
    I also tried Dave Asprey's coffee. In my opinion, it is not as good of a bean as a good dark roast. The miro-toxin stuff is just that. Stuff.
    In the end, I went back to oatmeal. I guess I just like it better.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For me using the liquified MCT oil just saves the step of having to liquify coconut oil - making it easier to add to the coffee and smoothies.

Agree with you on the coffee - I much prefer the Green Mtn Dark or whatever I am using over the Upgraded, but I am hardly an educated coffee guy. Open to suggestions here.

Ryan