Page 10 of 97 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020 Political Chatter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: 2020 Political Chatter

I never listened to the music of Crazy Clown Posse, but their stickers scared me.
    The Trump Posse scares me much more.
    And their stickers
    ideas
    words
    actions
    plans

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gregl View Post
    The only vacation he needs is one in prison, after being fairly tried and convicted for treason. His actions are the very definition of treason: "the crime of betraying one's country, especially by attempting to kill the sovereign or overthrow the government."

Greg
    Not according to the Constitution. Article III Section 3 states:
    Treason against the United States, shall consist only in levying War against them, or in adhering to their Enemies, giving them Aid and Comfort. No Person shall be convicted of Treason unless on the Testimony of two Witnesses to the same overt Act, or on Confession in open Court.

The Congress shall have Power to declare the Punishment of Treason, but no Attainder of Treason shall work Corruption of Blood, or Forfeiture except during the Life of the Person attainted.
    Eat one live toad first thing in the morning and nothing worse will happen to you all day.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Like all things with the administration it's another projection onto others of what they themselves are doing. It ain't treason, but it sure skirts the line of sedition.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Brian E Hammer View Post
    Without getting too far into the weeds on this I just feel compelled to say that Trump isn't someone I feel good about as President of my country. Ive tried remarkably hard not to listen to what he say's and rather, do my best to watch what he and Administration does. I disagree with the vast majority of what he and Admin have done over the last 4 years. I will be voting this Nov. Trump and his Admin will not be receiving my vote.
    Thanks for the sahre Brian.

Now as for that Caputo SOB...again amateur hr. Everytime you feel compelled to outrage, send $10 to your candidate of choice and remind 10 friends to vote.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

From the most recent New Yorker...

Guy Washburn

Photography > www.guywashburn.com

“Instructions for living a life: Pay attention. Be astonished. Tell about it.”
    – Mary Oliver

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This reminds me of when Jimmy Kimmel told us that
    Trump's favorite game is Pin the Tail on Someone Else.
    Mark Walberg
    Building bike frames for fun since 1973.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I will admit, I do hope he goes down hard for all of the dishonorable BS he's brought upon the country. He's just a remarkably loathsome President and human being. $10 sent. Emails sent.

Quote Originally Posted by Too Tall View Post
    Thanks for the sahre Brian.

Now as for that Caputo SOB...again amateur hr. Everytime you feel compelled to outrage, send $10 to your candidate of choice and remind 10 friends to vote.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Brian E Hammer View Post
    Without getting too far into the weeds on this I just feel compelled to say that Trump isn't someone I feel good about as President of my country. Ive tried remarkably hard not to listen to what he say's and rather, do my best to watch what he and Administration does. I disagree with the vast majority of what he and Admin have done over the last 4 years. I will be voting this Nov. Trump and his Admin will not be receiving my vote.
    Please share this with all of your friends, neighbors, and acquaintances. Rational voices need to be amplified to drown out the hate and ignorance....especially on your side of the river.
    Dan in Oregon

---------------

The wheel is round. The hill lasts as long as it lasts. That's a fact. Everything else is pure theory.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pew Research: The U.S. has a bad image. It's not even that good among populist sympathizers.
    Dan Fuller, local bicycle enthusiast

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Clean39T View Post
    Please share this with all of your friends, neighbors, and acquaintances. Rational voices need to be amplified to drown out the hate and ignorance....especially on your side of the river.
    Hate and ignorance is on both sides of the river.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sine View Post
    Yes, it is, but there are qualitative and quantitative differences that are both pretty substantial (orders of magnitude, IMO). Hate and ignorance are baked into the governing philosophy of, and form two planks of the raison d'ętre of*, the contemporary GOP / conservative movement in the United States today. This is absolutely not the case with the contemporary Democratic Party and mainstream progressivism.

This isn't directed at you, but I've had my fill of false equivalencies and treating left vs. right in America as two sides of the same coin. They are not. I also hate to go there ("there" being the use of the concept of "sides" and the implication that there are only two of them and we have to pick one), but only one side is kowtowing to the capricious, mendacious, utterly immoral, un-American and, frankly, downright evil wannabe fascist dictator nitwit who is today at the helm of the American conservative movement.

* Plank three being: kill government.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's true. Vanilla Isis and Y'All Qaeda are active in Vantucky and South Clackalina in roughly equal measures.
    Dan in Oregon

---------------

The wheel is round. The hill lasts as long as it lasts. That's a fact. Everything else is pure theory.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's true. Vanilla Isis and Y'All Qaeda are active in Vantucky and South Clackalina in roughly equal measures.
    Truly brilliant. I need a moment.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

BS false equivalence.

Let’s see; on one side we have about 400 years of slavery, ripping families apart, Jim Crow, murder of individuals and groups, burning down associated communities, over policing to the point of nakedly murdering individuals who pose zero threat to cops, and generally marginalizing black folks. And on that side we have the political progressives and other peoples of color who seek to rectify that general galaxy of problems.

On the other side we have, what, oppressed white people? Right. It has been tough being a white male in the USA, let me tell you! No, what we have are a bunch of whiny white folks who see that things are changing, the culture of this country is evolving, and they’re frightened and angry.

Here’s the deal: We have some real problems, complex problems to address, even related to whiny (and not) white folks. How about we stick to those, in good faith, rather than whitewashed (in all it’s meanings) BS like “all lives matter” or “there are good people on both sides" (in the neo-nazi, white nationalist camps).

As that black lady at the end of a video recently posted here said, “be glad that black (and I'll add: other abused) people want equality and not revenge”.

Can you imagine how whiny white folks would be acting if they and their culture had lived the abuse that's been heaped on black folks for four odd centuries.
    John Clay
    Tallahassee, FL
    My Framebuilding: https://www.flickr.com/photos/21624415@N04/sets

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Racism_in_Oregon

I wouldn't be too quick to throw stones...Portland is still in that state, no?

Racism isn't regional.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Corso View Post

Racism isn't regional.
    Well, it has regional concentrations, but absolutely, it's a national problem. Has been for centuries.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Couple quick thoughts. Places like Portland and Bellingham and Seattle are extremely racist...that's why they are also extremely white.

That said, the "both sides" arguments fall flat, and are maybe best illuminated by comedians. Chris Rock pointing out that police should occasionally shoot a white child/person to balance out the racial imbalance to provide credence to the idea that it's not racial is biting...he wants to see a white mother crying on TV. Makes me think of that Justine Damond cace (family paid $20 million) and the Breonna Taylor case (family got $12 million).

Louis CK also does a good job of conveying the historical racial inequality in his bit on time machines.
    Jason Babcock

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jclay View Post
    BS false equivalence.
    At no time did I state that there is equivalence. It was a simple response deserving of the post.

Indeed issues are complex. I learned much pretty quickly after I moved to the US. Many years later I still want to learn. One reason why I pop in here and engage because man, VS OT politics is pretty special.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Corso View Post

Racism isn't regional.
    Sure, Oregon has a long history of racism and Portland's Police Bureau and Oregon's rural leadership is doing its level best to keep it that way.

But I was specifically referencing political alliances and the need to talk sense into friends and neighbors who may still be drinking the OrangeAide.

South Clackalina = Clackamas OR. Vantucky = Vancouver WA. Both are in the suburban ring around Portland. Sure, it's painting with a broad brush to link racist regions through homonym nicknames.. but calling a spade a spade here, both of those general areas are responsible for harboring the Yokel Haram who have descended on Portland to counter-protest BLM activists, which included shooting and macing peaceful citizens on the street, and in some cases running them over, all while the Portland Police turned a blind eye (or outright supported them).

These are the same Y'ee-Hawdists who are now LARPing as law-enforcement and blocking roadways at gunpoint, making sure that Aunt Toefa doesn't come steal their leaf-blower.

In fact, anti-fascist activists have been traveling to wildfire-impacted areas - bringing food, donations, water, etc. to fire victims.

https://twitter.com/TheWitchesPDX/st...fire-relief%2F

Must be conspiracy funded by Soros though.....just doesn't make sense for humans to help humans.. /s
    Dan in Oregon

---------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jclay View Post
    "..and not revenge”.
    Odd juxtaposition then to consider tRump saying it was "retribution" when police [sic] were sent to be the judge, jury, and executioner of someone who allegedly shot and killed a tRump activist during a chaotic pro-tRump rally that instigated violence on Portland's streets..

https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/k...t-doesnt-exist

And now AG Barr wants to classify all political dissent as sedition..

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...on/3478435001/

Revenge? A dish best served by those in power, it seems.
    Dan in Oregon

---------------