Default Re: Zara-

If buying Euro, I prefer Mexx

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Zara is actually quite similar to the Chinarello (or even a Pinarello for that matter). The material will last you just long enough for it to be out of style anyway. I mean, in today's Rapha/steel frame-crazed cycling world, who would actually want one of those heinous Pinarello/Chinarello frames anyway?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I put fit above all else. No matter how nice the quality, or how high the price; if it don't fit, you look like shit. Zara has decent cuts at affordable prices. So what's the issue?

There's only 4 possible ways anyone knows who made your clothes.
    1. Logos. Don't be a billboard, or a douche.
    2. They've looked at the same item. They won't judge.
    3. You tell them.
    4. You disrobe in front of them. If you're getting your kit off and a chick says "Wait a minute. Zara?" You're hanging out with the wrong chicks. Do your business and then kick her out.
    Got some cash
    Bought some wheels
    Took it out
    'Cross the fields
    Lost Control
    Hit a wall
    But we're alright

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chasea View Post
    I put fit above all else. No matter how nice the quality, or how high the price; if it don't fit, you look like shit. Zara has decent cuts at affordable prices. So what's the issue?

There's only 4 possible ways anyone knows who made your clothes.
    1. Logos. Don't be a billboard, or a douche.
    2. They've looked at the same item. They won't judge.
    3. You tell them.
    4. You disrobe in front of them. If you're getting your kit off and a chick says "Wait a minute. Zara?" You're hanging out with the wrong chicks. Do your business and then kick her out.
    yeah, kinda my take. they're the only store in this entire city that sells a shirt that fits me that cost less than a full paycheck.
    bamboo, aluminum, wood.

My name is Craig Gaulzetti.

www.summercycles.com

www.gaulzetti.co

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chasea View Post
    I put fit above all else. No matter how nice the quality, or how high the price; if it don't fit, you look like shit...
    I've wasted too much $$ by not following this simple rule.

Zara stuff looks good but I think they keep the cost low by offering limited sizes. Unfortunately, no 'long' option for blazers.

BTW - If you're doing your business properly; she won't notice where you purchased that belt.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jerk View Post
    yeah, kinda my take. they're the only store in this entire city that sells a shirt that fits me that cost less than a full paycheck.
    Ask the boss for a raise.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Blimey, I didn't even know they had arrived Stateside. I used to have big crush on a girl that worked at Zara in Belfast. If you've found something there that fits, run with it til' they change the cut (which the will).

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My general experience with Zara is that it's too expensive for the quality and longevity it offers. If going "Chinarello" then H&M tends to be a better value if you know what to look for.

Still, there is nothing unacceptable about wearing Zara. It's more about the fabric, cut and style than the brand. If you need a shirt and they have one that fits you well, that's better than an ill-fitting shirt from a "nicer" brand, as I see it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CWinters View Post
    My general experience with Zara is that it's too expensive for the quality and longevity it offers. If going "Chinarello" then H&M tends to be a better value if you know what to look for.

Still, there is nothing unacceptable about wearing Zara. It's more about the fabric, cut and style than the brand. If you need a shirt and they have one that fits you well, that's better than an ill-fitting shirt from a "nicer" brand, as I see it.
    Zara's fit is much better than H&M's. In my last job I had to wear a suit, and all my suits came from Zara: choose a nice pair of shoes, a decent shirt with a tie that goes well and the result was pretty good. They lasted a season, but I have paid four or five times the price of Zara just to rush home with a big hole on my trousers.
    luis prado alonso

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Been in there multiple times but I think the fit is as bad as Old Navy for the most part, even for a guy who is more euro shaped than 'murican.

The only time I bought anything was when a friend married a trustafarian and had a formal wedding in costa rica and I didn't have a light suit. (who makes people lug a damn suit to costa rica for a beach wedding in July?)
    $120 and I haven't worn it since, but I looked good enough until I sweated through the waistband.
    my name is Matt

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Its like disposable underwear that comes in six packs. You wake up in the parking lot of the golden bananna in Saugus at 5 AM with the knees and elbows blown out of the suit, but hey, its no big loss, right? Feels good, like five hour energy, until you begin to view it as a way of life that has diminishing returns.

Disposable Underwear For Men | OneDerWear: Products\Men

What would Paul Westerberg do?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I find Zara gear to actually be quite nice and well made. The cut is great for skinny folks, and you can almost guarantee that no one else will have it. They keep clothes in stock for 4 weeks at most, if it doesn't sell in the first week, immediately to the sale rack. Totally vertically integrated too, design to store 3 weeks at most.

That said, I have never shopped at one in the US, but I have bought a dozen things from Zara in Greece over the last few years.

-Joe

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Zara slacks tend to fit. I once got a jacket but returned it because I felt like the Michelin man in one size and the sleeves were inches too short when I sized down.

I'm all about the slim Express stuff for cheap and fitted shirts. But nothing else. For god's sake. Get in and out before the music gets to you.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Did we just turn "Chinarello" into a verb?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Roman View Post
    Its like disposable underwear that comes in six packs. You wake up in the parking lot of the golden bananna in Saugus at 5 AM with the knees and elbows blown out of the suit, but hey, its no big loss, right? Feels good, like five hour energy, until you begin to view it as a way of life that has diminishing returns.

Substitute "Foxy Lady" for "Golden Banana" and you got me all misty-eyed.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Roman View Post

The privileges of the tenure system.

Was Hilltop Steak House involved at all in this story?

I charged off of the zara size chart sometime during the Carter Administration. Therefore, I think their clothes are stupid. Paul Westerberg would stay drunk and carry on with whatever he was doing.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, a late night, unexpected diversion into Brockton usually results in unfortunate results, all of which can be remedied with a healthy does of electrolytes, a call to the credit card company, and a status update in the morning.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You should probably not say anything else, lest you incriminate yourself for something involving interstate commerce.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by maunahaole View Post
    You should probably not say anything else, lest you incriminate yourself for something involving interstate commerce.
    I'm just spitballin, here, mauna- let's just roll with it.