Thread: measuring setback w/ a brooks team pro

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default measuring setback w/ a brooks team pro

Hi all,

A quick question about the weirdness of Brooks saddles... I'm measuring a rider's current setup w/ a brooks professional and I'm wondering what point on the saddle's nose y'all use for measuring setback and reach.

I took one set of measurements using the spot just aft of the rivet on the nose (ostensibly where the downwards slope starts), which came out seeming quite long for the rider. A second set of measurements from just fore of the rivet seemed a little more reasonable, but I figured I'd check with the peanut gallery before etching anything in stone/bikecad.

Thanks
    Michael
    michael catano • humble frameworks
    chicago, il, usa • merci

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: measuring setback w/ a brooks team pro

Quote Originally Posted by anon. View Post
    Hi all,

A quick question about the weirdness of Brooks saddles... I'm measuring a rider's current setup w/ a brooks professional and I'm wondering what point on the saddle's nose y'all use for measuring setback and reach.

I took one set of measurements using the spot just aft of the rivet on the nose (ostensibly where the downwards slope starts), which came out seeming quite long for the rider. A second set of measurements from just fore of the rivet seemed a little more reasonable, but I figured I'd check with the peanut gallery before etching anything in stone/bikecad.

Thanks
    Michael
    Just a reminder to never use a set dimension for the rider when they swap saddles
    the set back for one saddle will be different for the rider if they use a different saddle as the bum will sit in a different place.
    First set the position for the rider using the Brooks or particular saddle chosen
    Then just measure the set back from any point you chose. Normally the nose.
    But most important
    Then you must measure the saddle's rails and ensure all fits correctly to the seat post to be used to match up with the seat angle to set the saddle in the correct position.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Cheers Dazza
    The rock star is dying. And it's a small tragedy. Rock stars have blogs now. I have no use for that kind of rock star.
    Nick Cave

www.llewellynbikes.com
    The usual Facebook page
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/llewellyncustombicycles/
    Darrell Llewellyn McCulloch