User Tag List

Thread: Better news from Germany: Bundesliga, Lewandowski scores 5 goals in 9 minutes

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Better news from Germany: Bundesliga, Lewandowski scores 5 goals in 9 minutes

He saved the best for last.

NYT Link to story and video: http://nyti.ms/1V8OdZQ

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Better news from Germany: Bundesliga, Lewandowski scores 5 goals in 9 minutes

cool.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Better news from Germany: Bundesliga, Lewandowski scores 5 goals in 9 minutes

Whoa! That last one was sublime and you couldn't do it any better. I love on the first one how he just let it come across him and use his left foot instead of his dominant right. So subtle but improved his angle.

"Even my farts smell like steel!" - Diel

"Make something with your hands. Not with your money." - Dario

Sean Doyle

www.devlincc.com

https://www.instagram.com/devlincustomcycles/

https://www.flickr.com/photos/139142779@N05/

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And Lewandowski did it as a second half substitute. The starter he replaced must be really awesome to have started ahead of him.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Vlad Luskin View Post
    And Lewandowski did it as a second half substitute. The starter he replaced must be really awesome to have started ahead of him.
    Life-long seated club and Mia-san-Atlanta member here...

I think our strength lies more in our depth/versatility than outright skills. If you look at our core of forwards, we have Mueller, Lewa, Costa and now Coman. Any of these four would be a starter at forward at any team on earth (save Barca) and they can all play forward, midfield, wing or 'false 9' if needed.

There's really nowhere to start in the midfield since almost everyone has some responsibility at midfield under Guardiola. I mean, the fact that Xabi-fucking-Alonso can be considered our biggest liability in the midfield says something. And how many teams could let go of Schweinsteiger and be BETTER off? (I still miss him though...)

We have the world's best right back (no one would argue against that) and quite possibly the world's best left back (you could argue Marcelo or Jordi Alba here, but you'd have to put Philip Lahm in here as well he's just that good). Centrally it feels like we have a bit of a soft spot, but the World Cup made Boateng into a man and getting Badstuber and Benatia back from injury will strengthen that line.

And understand who that leaves on the bench...

Arjen Robben
    Franck Ribery
    Arturo Vidal
    Rafinha
    Thiago
    Kimmich
    All the random youth players that seem to shine when called upon
    etc

Most of these guys would start anywhere but Barca/RM. Last year was a tough year because I felt like Guardiola was trying to force tiki-taka into a system that wasn't designed for it. This year he seems to have done a much better job of integrating it into a system that already exists. I'm very happy with the way things are going so far this year. I don't count my chickens, but i'm confident.

And for those that don't follow soccer, one of the interesting things about Lewandowski is that we got him for FREE. We're the only top ranked club in the world that's in the 'black' and one of the very few that's actually gone out of their way to rescue their rivals from financial problems (BVB, 1860 Munich, St. Pauli).

mia san mia

IMG_1335.jpg
    maxresdefault.jpg
    Insubordinate. And Churlish.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Absolutely amazing performance!
    Bayern! by Elvis Merckx, on Flickr

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

One day later, a female named Anja Lewandowski of SV Glatten scored 4 goals in 22 minutes! Amateur-Fußballerin auf den Spuren ihres Idols: Lewandowski trifft auch als Frau - Fussball - Bild.de

(changing my son's last name to Lewandowski to see how he does this weekend)
    Auk's words to live by:
    Blow up and pin a picture of M. Bartoli on your wall. When you achieve that position, stop. Until then, stretch, ride, stretch, ride, eat less, and ride more.