User Tag List

Page 28 of 61 FirstFirst ... 181920212223242526272829303132333435363738 ... LastLast

Thread: It’s telling that there’s no Impeachment thread on VS...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: It's telling that there's no Impeachment thread on VS...

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Jays View Post
    Dang. So you are saying illegal immigrants are invaders?
    We should double our efforts to manage this menace.
    You guys invaded Mexico. You know: Texas, Novo Mexico, Arizona, California. You didn´t even bother changing spanish names. Did you ask nicely?
    slow.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: It’s telling that there’s no Impeachment thread on VS...

Quote Originally Posted by Corso View Post
    Colker, if you were in my shoes you could actually vote in the US election, and choose to vote against him. But alas, my South American friend, you can't.

In fact, if "I were in your shoes"---I'd worry more about my own country than the United States of America. We'll be just fine.

So keep venting away if it makes you feel good.
    You've used this type of line before.

Yes people outside the US can't vote in a Presidential election, but they can have a view.

No one particularly wants another war in the middle east for example, but a hit on an Iranian is going to escalate tensions and in any shooting war you can bet my country will be leaned on to provide support (which it will). So, it should come as no surprise that people outside the US may have a view on this topic and the suitability of the person with his finger on the button (so to speak). Likewise with climate change. Trump is in denial mode, which suits the leadership in this country, despite large areas of the east coast being on fire. Leadership in the other direction is desperately needed. IMO of course.

So, sure I can't vote, but I can have a view, as can a guy in Brazil. That those views don't necessarily mesh with yours is fine, but seeing this is a global forum, you can expect that people from other countries will chime in with their opinions.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BBB View Post
    You've used this type of line before.

So, sure I can't vote, but I can have a view, as can a guy in Brazil. That those views don't necessarily mesh with yours is fine, but seeing this is a global forum, you can expect that people from other countries will chime in with their opinions.
    And I'll keep using it - as it's my view. Am I not allowed to have one if it doesn't mesh with yours?

I didn't say "don't post or have a view". All I'm saying is that you don't have a vote, or a particular say in who governs my country, just as I don't have a say in yours.
    But I choose to refrain from stating an opinion in the politics in other countries, where I may have an opinion, but no actual "say" or vote.

But that's just me.

Like I said (before) - vent away!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Of course you can have a contrary view.

But, I think it would be preferable to engage with the issues rather than brushing off people overseas by telling them they can't vote.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Corso View Post
    And I'll keep using it - as it's my view. Am I not allowed to have one if it doesn't mesh with yours?

I didn't say "don't post or have a view". All I'm saying is that you don't have a vote, or a particular say in who governs my country, just as I don't have a say in yours.
    But I choose to refrain from stating an opinion in the politics in other countries, where I may have an opinion, but no actual "say" or vote.

But that's just me.

Like I said (before) - vent away!
    The right to have a view is awesome but the right to have a view that cannot be contested by non american citizens not so much. Although they may sound similar views and visas have very little to do in common.
    slow.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, Doris used yet another dirty playbook favorite. start a war to distract and aid in reelection, you know, because the citizens are too stupid and afraid to vote out a failure when we are at war. Nothing to see here, was there an impeachment to distract little Orangypoo from his war games? lets ignore it, wars important. Cmon. you cats behind this dirty move or we ready to impeach yet?
    Matt Zilliox

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

there is a trump tweet for everything.

Twitter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mzilliox View Post
    Well, Doris used yet another dirty playbook favorite. start a war to distract and aid in reelection, you know, because the citizens are too stupid and afraid to vote out a failure when we are at war. Nothing to see here, was there an impeachment to distract little Orangypoo from his war games? lets ignore it, wars important. Cmon. you cats behind this dirty move or we ready to impeach yet?
    Distract from re-election? By any measure, trump needs no distraction from re-election. He will be re-elected in 2020 and will be your president for another four years.

Why would you look for an ulterior motive ? Isn’t it enough that Iran is the world’s largest supporter of terrorism, and this guy was basically the master mind terrorist ? Isn’t the attack on our Baghdad embassy by Iranian supported ‘militias’ enough? How about two weeks ago the killing of a U.S. citizen and injuring of American soldiers by an Iranian backed rocket attack is that enough of a reason ?

I am truly and sincerely amazed with the level of obsession with hatred of trump. It defies all logic and reality. It turns your moral compass upside down, with the anti-trump position always winning.

Iran's Foreign Minister Defends Execution of Gays

Follow the link above to a story last June where Iranian Foreign Minister Javad Sarif defends Iran’s practice of punishing homosexuals, up to & including execution. And these are the folks that you choose to side with........if the alternative is agreeing with trump.

Now go ahead and vomit up any contortions of logic that you can delude yourself into believing. But understand the ‘peace through meekness’ campaign hasn’t worked.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dallas Tex View Post
    Distract from re-election? By any measure, trump needs no distraction from re-election. He will be re-elected in 2020 and will be your president for another four years.

Why would you look for an ulterior motive ? Isn’t it enough that Iran is the world’s largest supporter of terrorism, and this guy was basically the master mind terrorist ? Isn’t the attack on our Baghdad embassy by Iranian supported ‘militias’ enough? How about two weeks ago the killing of a U.S. citizen and injuring of American soldiers by an Iranian backed rocket attack is that enough of a reason ?

I am truly and sincerely amazed with the level of obsession with hatred of trump. It defies all logic and reality. It turns your moral compass upside down, with the anti-trump position always winning.

Follow the link above to a story last June where Iranian Foreign Minister Javad Sarif defends Iran’s practice of punishing homosexuals, up to & including execution. And these are the folks that you choose to side with........if the alternative is agreeing with trump.

Now go ahead and vomit up any contortions of logic that you can delude yourself into believing. But understand the ‘peace through meekness’ campaign hasn’t worked.
    So DT goes and makes everything worse by blowing that guy out of the earth. Is anyone safer now? What´s the strategy? Anyone over 15 yrs old would think twice and realize it brings nothing good to anyone except for Iran´s hardliners. Are you going to reelect the guy who does things like this? Why? The economic sanctions on Iran is a political use of the dollar as world economic anchor. The chinese are knocking on that door.... It´s time to tiptoe and be smart . Not for theatrics like that. This is theatrics and a bad one.
    slow.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Peace through stupidity and fake tough guy is giving us a nuclear North Korea and an Iran that is re-starting its nuclear weapons program. PS

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by HorsCat View Post
    Peace through stupidity and fake tough guy is giving us a nuclear North Korea and an Iran that is re-starting its nuclear weapons program. PS
    If you think that the NK nuclear program started the day trump got elected OR that the wonderful 'government' of iran gave up its nuclear ambitions because of a signed agreement............. I don't know what to say..

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you think that the NK nuclear program started the day trump got elected OR that the wonderful 'government' of iran gave up its nuclear ambitions because of a signed agreement............. I don't know what to say..
    I never said either of those things, Glenn. Fact is, Donald J. Trump couldn't negotiate his way out of a wet paper bag.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I never said either of those things, Glenn.
    But you kinda did:

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

what a bizarre premise... If one doesn't support a war in Iran or attacking Iran, one does support the Iranian killing of Homosexuals? nice leap, inaccurate, but nice try. That would be like saying you support grabbing women by the pussy because you voted for Trump.
    Maybe this war will work, unlike all of the others in the middle east. Or maybe it will get us a few more million barrels of oil for cheap, or whatever the goal here is? And maybe Trump will be impeached. I wouldn't bet on either.
    Matt Zilliox

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

But you kinda did:
    If you think that "fake tough guy is giving us a nuclear North Korea" = "the NK nuclear program started the day trump got elected" or that "an Iran that is re-starting its nuclear weapons program" = "wonderful 'government' of iran gave up its nuclear ambitions because of a signed agreement"............. I don't know what to say..

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mzilliox View Post
    what a bizarre premise... If one doesn't support a war in Iran or attacking Iran, one does support the Iranian killing of Homosexuals? nice leap, inaccurate, but nice try.
    That's not the premise. You missed the point, and grossly oversimplified. It's about the reflexive response that assumes the anti-trump position, the motivations that compel to do so, and the necessary logical contortions needed convince oneself to side with a heinous regime that commits atrocities daily.

To simplify: In this discussion, you picked the side that supports terrorism over the side trying to prevent terrorism.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's not the premise. You missed the point, and grossly oversimplified. It's about the reflexive response that assumes the anti-trump position, the motivations that compel to do so, and the necessary logical contortions needed convince oneself to side with a heinous regime that commits atrocities daily.

To simplify: In this discussion, you picked the side that supports terrorism over the side trying to prevent terrorism.
    The world isn't binary. One can question Trump's motivations or actions, and the long term strategy, without siding with a heinous regime.
    "I guess you're some weird relic of an obsolete age." - davids

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No one is siding w/ Iran. Otoh everybody feels less safe after the strike. And there is not a single evidence it was a smart move to bring down that heinous regime. Actually it looks like it made their hardliners stronger.
    slow.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew Strongin View Post
    The world isn't binary. One can question Trump's motivations or actions, and the long term strategy, without siding with a heinous regime.
    One is welcome to question anything, and should. What I'm questioning here is the motivation for doing so.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

...What I'm questioning here is the motivation for doing so.
    It may have been a dumb move. So far nothing proves otherwise.
    slow.