Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Seattle for dissonant youth

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Seattle for dissonant youth

So Salonistas, I have one night this Saturday in Seattle before heading up to BC for a couple o' weeks. If you had my situation where would you undoubtedly go?

I am a young adult*, so swanky bowling alley recco's get extra points.

*Not so young that I'm not the legal age to imbibe liquor, so don't hesitate to leave that out

Thanks and Cheers

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Seattle for dissonant youth

Eat at Thai Tom's. Not sure about the drinking.
    Start slow, then taper off.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

copper gate

liberty bar

vios/3rd place pub

bowling?
    Steve Hampsten
    www.hampsten.blogspot.com
    “Maybe chairs shouldn’t be comfortable. At some point, you want your guests to leave.”

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you want to bowl or shoot pool or drink beer or all three, I've had fun at The Garage on Capitol Hill.
    Dan Fuller, local bicycle enthusiast

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey thanks everybody! Processing the possibilities.

Is there a shop where I can find interesting things like this:

New in Taxidermy: World's Strongest Beer Comes in a Dead Squirrel - New York Restaurants and Dining - Fork in the Road

(it seems so wrong, and obviously not that exact item, or a dead animal per se, but oddities are among my search. Have to bring something back for the misses)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you only have one night and dont want to tramp all over town, the Garage is hard to beat as there are drinks, bowling, pool, pretty girls to look at all in one place. that way you can maximize the fun and minimize travel. Also, there are a bunch of other bars in walking distance so if you get tired of the scene there, Quinn's, Neumo's, the Comet, Barca, and Elysian are all just a couple blocks away.

I dont think there is any dead squirrel beer here, but we have quite a few good bottle shops if thats your thing. However, i would suggest getting something on the way back so you dont have to deal with the nonsense of crossing the border with alcohol.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Capitol Hill is the place for the hipster scene...you'll can find bike polo and trick riding at Cal Anderson Park and lots of fixed gears parked at Cafe Press and Stumptown coffee on 12th. All these are a few blocks from the Garage mentioned above.

Fremont neighborhood has lots of bars and such and a one of a kind bike shop/coop named Wright Bros. The owner is a persnickety guy who knows the repair business and the place is filled with lots of cool old frames and gear. Its heated with a woodstove fired by bike boxes and pallet wood, just to give you a sense.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fremont is a good suggestion. A lot of funky shops, a great big vintage emporium (lots more than vinyl), Fremont Brewing Company (growlers), and bike stuff--Cascade Bicycle Studio for high end, Freerange Cycles for utilitarian/commute, Hub and Bespoke for high end ride-and-wear goods, and Wright Bros as mentioned. The bike destinations may not be open on a Saturday night, however, but you'll probably find their people at Fremont Brewing.
    Dan Fuller, local bicycle enthusiast