User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: There is no longer precedent for indicting a former US President!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default There is no longer precedent for indicting a former US President!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: There is no longer precedent for indicting a former US President!

*no longer NOT a Precedent.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Has Grandpa thrown his toys out the pram yet?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Most innocent man ever! So unfair.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can you do a thumbs up on a mug shot? Asking for a friend from Queens

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Remember; they couldn't nail Capone for his illegal activities; he was sent to jail for not paying taxes on his illegal gains.

This indictment will be the avenue to expose all the other unsavory and illegal acts committed by you know who.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mabouya View Post
    Most innocent man ever! So unfair.
    The man will do anything to get re-elected, including the perp walk.
    He has courage of the un-convicted.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wasn't it Russia initially then classified documents most recently. I'm calling nothingburger .. this will fizzle out. Or if it doesn't it will get DJT's base out of their double wides and he'll win the election after which Dems will go full Masada.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i think we should all wait for the indictment which will likely be a speaking indictment before passing judgment. Don't know about the rest of you but I"m no expert in the New York criminal code.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Federal prosecutors alleged in court documents filed in Mr. Cohen's case that Mr. Trump, identified in the document as "Individual-1," directed and coordinated the illegal payment with Mr. Cohen.

Mr. Cohen testified that Mr. Trump knew the details of the plan and blessed them.

Mr. Cohen sent the first phony invoice to Trump Organization controller Jeffrey McConney on Feb. 14, 2017, according to the charging document and emails. Mr. McConney forwarded the invoice to Mr. Weisselberg, who approved payment to Mr. Cohen, the charging document and emails show.
    Mr. McConney later that day emailed instructions to another Trump Organization employee, according to the charging document and people familiar with the matter. "Post to legal expenses. Put 'retainer for the months of January and February 2017' in the description," Mr. McConney wrote.

"Don't worry, Michael. Your January and February reimbursement checks are coming. They were FedExed from New York. And it takes a while for that to get through the White House system," Mr. Cohen recalled in his testimony Mr. Trump telling him. -wsj reporting

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by holliscx View Post
    Wasn't it Russia initially then classified documents most recently. I'm calling nothingburger .. this will fizzle out. Or if it doesn't it will get DJT's base out of their double wides and he'll win the election after which Dems will go full Masada.
    Yeah, it has nearly nothing to do with Russia.
    Jorn Ake
    poet

Flickr
    Books

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by fastupslowdown View Post
    i think we should all wait for the indictment which will likely be a speaking indictment before passing judgment. Don't know about the rest of you but I"m no expert in the New York criminal code.
    Good advice. Parameters will be set by the language of the indictment. This is only one - possibly small - assembly of facts involving a particular event that has been examined by a grand jury. There are others, and while there may be overlaps because they all involve the same man and may involve some of the same people who worked with him, the indictments will set out the grounds for charges brought.

I also think Mr. Trump has gotten way more than his fair share of the space here on this bicycle forum. Let's keep the discussion at a subsistence level if that.
    Last edited by j44ke; 03-31-2023 at 10:10 AM.
    Jorn Ake
    poet

Flickr
    Books

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like this development. History has shown us that the full range of characters, and lack of character, can be found in any office at any altitude. Accountability needs to apply to everyone. Sometimes what “the history books” will say is not enough.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Presume there's a trial rather than a plea deal.

The catch will come when, during court testimony, something is revealed that uncovers other misdeeds.

I wonder whether Michael Cohen will meet an "accidental" death before trial.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Grant did it first. Horse buggy speeding repeat offender.

https://www.npr.org/2023/03/31/11673...ed-trump-grant

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SO unfair !!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I'm waiting to see what the indictments say on Tuesday. I'm not sure what will be accomplished by a district attorney pursuing charges in a federal matter past the statute of limitations. The other cases pending against Trump have more meat. This seems like a distraction.
    Retired Sailor, Marine dad, semi-professional cyclist, fly fisherman, and Indian School STEM teacher.
    Assistant Operating Officer at Farm Soap homemade soaps. www.farmsoap.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It distracts us from the latest school shooting, which is a more pressing issue.
    Jay Dwight

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There is unfortunately there is zero chance of the current republican party doing anything about guns.

The press is working overtime flooding the newscycle with misinformation and wild speculation.

I think we can assume Bragg is not a dope, so the indictment will probably be less to do with Stormy and more to do with a pattern of activity. (Hence, David Pecker as a witness)

If anything, I'm afraid this energizes the base in Wisconsin to come out for the Supreme Justice election on Tuesday. This has huge importance nationally when you look at what has been happening in Wisconsin.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ides1056 View Post
    It distracts us from the latest school shooting, which is a more pressing issue.
    100% this.
    I hope Trump dies in jail but he is an endpoint (midpoint?) of a much longer trend.
    This country’s average lifespan is dropping compared to the rest of the world and it is completely by choice. Guns, healthcare, opioids. All in the pursuit of profits and “freedom”.
    Last edited by robin3mj; 04-01-2023 at 07:54 AM.
    my name is Matt

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast