Likes Likes:  0

Thread: iPad help

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default iPad help

I bought my wife an iPad and she's been nice enough to let me use it occasionally. On VSalon and specifically on threads where pictures are posted (FNL, for example), the first few pictures in the thread load, but as the thread grows, the pictures are not shown. They are only represented as an icon indicating a picture should be there. If i click on the icon, it opens a new page and goes directly to the source (flickr for example) and shows the image.

Is this a settings issue or something i can control???

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: iPad help

Too much memory required to show the images.
    Good cyclists are:
    Visible, Predictable, Alert, Assertive and Courteous

They also use the five layers of protection available.
    Layer 1: Control your bike
    Layer 2: Know and follow the rules of the road
    Layer 3: Ride in the smartest lane position
    Layer 4: Manage hazards skillfully
    Layer 5: Utilize passive protection.

Chris, Broussard, LA

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Try closing some apps and try again. Most issues I see with them is with new people not realizing that they're apps are still open in the background.
    Insubordinate. And Churlish.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unbelievable. I've had an iPad for a year and did not realize that pushing the home button and switching programs did completely close the program! Needless to say all my apps were open and the iPad was doing exactly what WayneJ's was doing. Shut them down and back to like new performance. Here are instructions I found online:

"If you experience your iPad running a bit slow you probably have a ton of applications running in the background. The iPad’s memory is limited, so in order to avoid performance issues you can close background applications by following the steps below. To close background applications press the Home button twice and when the recently used apps bar appears, tap and hold down the app you wish to close. You will notice that after a second or two of holding down the icon, all the icons in the recently used apps bar will begin to move from side to side. You will also notice that a small red circle with a minus sign will appear on the top-left corner of the icon. Tap the red circle to close the background applications. Once you’ve closed several applications tap on the Home button again and you will return to the Home Screen or App you were using. Your iPad should feel a little snappier."

Thanks for the heads up on this quickag.

-John

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No I will not fix your computer...

glad to help
    Insubordinate. And Churlish.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jnusbaum View Post
    Unbelievable. I've had an iPad for a year and did not realize that pushing the home button and switching programs did completely close the program! Needless to say all my apps were open and the iPad was doing exactly what WayneJ's was doing. Shut them down and back to like new performance. Here are instructions I found online:

"If you experience your iPad running a bit slow you probably have a ton of applications running in the background. The iPad’s memory is limited, so in order to avoid performance issues you can close background applications by following the steps below. To close background applications press the Home button twice and when the recently used apps bar appears, tap and hold down the app you wish to close. You will notice that after a second or two of holding down the icon, all the icons in the recently used apps bar will begin to move from side to side. You will also notice that a small red circle with a minus sign will appear on the top-left corner of the icon. Tap the red circle to close the background applications. Once you’ve closed several applications tap on the Home button again and you will return to the Home Screen or App you were using. Your iPad should feel a little snappier."

Thanks for the heads up on this quickag.

-John
    John,

Thanks for that. I was already aware of shutting down applications running in the background. I tried shutting everything down except Safari and still get the same inconsistent loading of pictures. I thought perhaps I wasn't waiting long enough for the entire thread to load, but that's not the case either. I'll do a more thorough on-line search for help.

Thanks for trying,
    WayneJ