Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Flickr question.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Flickr question.

Not directly related to framebuilding but I use Flickr a lot to learn and convey ideas and concepts with respect to F'building. There's been a lot of changes in how Flickr works in recent months. I have found most of them to be for the worse, making Flickr more cumbersome, and less useful, as far as the way that I've always used it anyway.

My specific question: There used to be a "grab the HTML/BBcode" button where I could copy a string of text that I could paste into my VSalon posts. This would embed the Flickr image into the post. Handy. I can't find that option any more. Have they re-named it, or removed it?

I'm hoping that someone can point me in the right direction to a solution. I'm assuming it's something obvious that I'm missing.

I've tried searching Flickr help forums but all I can find is people complaining about the same thing, but no answer that helps.

Thanks,

Alistair.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Flickr question.

The sharing button is to the bottom right of the image - a box with a curved arrow coming out of it. Click that, then the bottom tab is "Grab the HTML/BBcode" - assuming the image owner has enabled sharing of course.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You checked out the new awesomer beta version didn't ya? You can uncheck it out by clicking an opt-out button that shows in the bottom left.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bencooper View Post
    The sharing button is to the bottom right of the image - a box with a curved arrow coming out of it. Click that, then the bottom tab is "Grab the HTML/BBcode" - assuming the image owner has enabled sharing of course.

Thanks, that was helpful.

I didn't get that share box but then I had the idea to try their "new photo experience beta". When I did that, I see that I get the box with the arrow, which when clicked gives option to share the pic on F'book, Pinterest, Wordepress, Tumbler etc.

Below those, there are three symbols. No mention of an option to grab HTML/BBcode. Anyway, one of the symbols is a pin, and I found by trial and error that by clicking that one, and cutting and pasting the resulting code into my VSalon post, gives me what I'm looking for. Don't know why they made it all so cryptic, or why it's not an option in the current, no beta test version.

As proof, here's a controversial pic of me turning a crown race seat to size on the lathe that I was trying to post in that other thread.

Thanks again for the help.

Alistair.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

or right click to "copy image location"
    Nick Crumpton
    crumptoncycles.com
    Instagram