Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Where to eat in San Antonio?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Where to eat in San Antonio?

Texas folks, what do you recommend in San Antonio for nice but not over-the-top business dinners? Any must-have local specialties? Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Where to eat in San Antonio?

I ain't from Texas, but I do frequent there. The only place I remember the name is a place called Boudro's. A little touristy on the Riverwalk, but nice. With it being 10,000 degrees there for about the last year or so, I am not too sure I would eat outside cause the river can sort of smell funny and you will sweat like Africa hot. When in Texas I only eat Tex-Mex or Smokehouse something. Chances are in Texas if it says Taqueria on the door it is probably pretty good eatin inside. I have eaten at a bunch of places In San Antonio, Austin, Dallas or wherevers that if they have names I don't recall and they are all good. A little side trip to the Hill Country is totally worth it for some world class bike riding.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Where to eat in San Antonio?

I'm not from Texas either, but have been to San Antonio often.

You have to eat breakfast at the Guenther house. It is part of a mill that grinds grain. Their pancakes are wonderful.

There is agreat Tex-Mex place near the market that has 500,000 things hanging from every spot available. I thnk it is called Mi Tierra. They have the Mariachi bands walking around. Food is okay, but the atmosphere is a hoot. I love it.

Here is a GREAT German place is right off the riverwalk a couple of blocks from the Alamo called Schilo's:
    Schilo's Deli
    424 E. Commerce St., San Antonio, TX 78205

Phone: (210) 223-6692 / Fax: (210) 225-2216

Cuisine type: Delicatessen, German
    Price: $

Schilo's is a deli-style German resturant serving reubens, split pea soup, subs, bagels and lox. Try a frosty mug of their homemade root beer, or one of the German and local beers on tap. A fruit strudel and hunks of rich cheesecake will finish off any visit to Schilo's.

I have yet to find a BBQ place in San Antonio I am happy with.
    Good cyclists are:
    Visible, Predictable, Alert, Assertive and Courteous

They also use the five layers of protection available.
    Layer 1: Control your bike
    Layer 2: Know and follow the rules of the road
    Layer 3: Ride in the smartest lane position
    Layer 4: Manage hazards skillfully
    Layer 5: Utilize passive protection.

Chris, Broussard, LA