Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Pegoretti Cicli

Quote Originally Posted by marcelia View Post
    dario,

i love riding my responsorium. it's comfortable and fast and i love how it looks.

would i also enjoy a BLE or a love #3 or do you think most riders are best suited for one particular model of bike?

thank you,

marc
    ciao
    my opinion is that the choice of frame must be made according to the type of use that you make and by the physical characteristics of the racer tha will use the frame .
    d

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Round View Post
    ciao,
    I think the weight has a big advantage compared to other parameters of the frame , is easily measurable.
    It is clear that other materials cannot compete in these terms but may offer performance and features different and better if used well.
    I think even the lightweight carbon fibre frames (800/900grammi)not offer performance comparable to frames built with the same material a bitmore heavy, I think it was mainly the marketing to push the construction of frames very light than a real need.
    What I tried to do was to research the best possible efficiency of the frame.
    We must think of having to move a mass from a to b, but the mass is the bike and rider and the bike is about 10% of the total mass, the frame around 2% of the total mass.
    I think have not a great sense to try and save 20/30% of 2% If this causes a loss of a part of the power that we put on the pedal for 70/90 times per minute.
    d
    In my small experience, this summer i raced my first ironman , i could choose beetween my Marcelo and my linskey titanium (much lighter), i had very long training sessions with both, 130 to 200 km rides.
    I finally chose the Marcelo, because i felt my energy go more directly to the wheels, and i felt less tired at the end, veery important when you have a marathon waiting for you...
    Grazie mille Dario

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ciao Dario,

First off, thank you so much for my frames! Both of them, an 8:30am and a Duende, put a big smile on my face and are very special to me. My 8:30am has many miles on it and has been with through thick and thin.

Quick question, on the Duende, is the tubing heat treated like the Marcelo?

Tanti Saluti,

Antonio

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

in my case we must also consider my potbelly.-d
    an example of why dario is such a wonderful human being to spend time with, in addition to being such a great craftsman.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ciao,
    I think the weight has a big advantage compared to other parameters of the frame , is easily measurable.
    It is clear that other materials cannot compete in these terms but may offer performance and features different and better if used well.
    I think even the lightweight carbon fibre frames (800/900grammi)not offer performance comparable to frames built with the same material a bitmore heavy, I think it was mainly the marketing to push the construction of frames very light than a real need.
    What I tried to do was to research the best possible efficiency of the frame.
    We must think of having to move a mass from a to b, but the mass is the bike and rider and the bike is about 10% of the total mass, the frame around 2% of the total mass.
    I think have not a great sense to try and save 20/30% of 2% If this causes a loss of a part of the power that we put on the pedal for 70/90 times per minute.
    d
    A very well put argument as to why we shouldn't get too hung up on the weight of a frame -
    from a "simple blacksmith who can't speak english"

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rickygarni View Post
    Dear Dario,

I am a writer/poet, and some of my favorite moments in reading are when I discover something wonderful and can hardly sleep that night thinking either "How did he do that?" or "That's what I want to do!" (or start out to do and then go somewhere else with it.)

Which framebuilders have done that for you? Made you lose sleep in a happy way, with new found inspiration?

I know that all artists and artisans have many, so it goes without saying that you would be giving just a sampling, if you wanted to do that - but I am very curious.

Thank you for all the bikes that have enriched my life,

Ricky Garni
    Ricky carissimo,

the same thing happened to me, I have watched many frames , hungry to understand how he did this or that, I remember, for example, a track frame build by nagasawa showed in Milan fair after he was back in Japan, it was incredible, Vittorio Malagnini who was a framebuilder from verona had a great influence on me for the care and design of lugs, during the 80's i remember have thought a lot about ugo de rosa geometries , I must confess to having had a bit of envy for their knowledge and experience but knowledge takes time and patience and never ends.
    take care
    d
    Last edited by Round; 11-24-2011 at 07:15 AM. Reason: bad english

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by -HvA- View Post
    Dario, what's your take on chainstay length for large frames?

It seems a lot of builders use 43cm for the bigger guys, but you prefer to stick to 41-41. 5cm
    ciao,
    this is one of my limit , when i think at a a bike i think only at a race bike and i try to find the limiit of the frame , longer chainstays can make a bit more comfortable frame but for a pure race machine is necessary to use a shorter lenght of the chainstays.
    d

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by raefer View Post
    Ciao Dario,
    I have two of your bikes, a Responsorium and a Love 3, from Jordan. And I am enjoying them very much!
    Thanks
    Grazie mille a te .
    take care
    d

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by xeladragon View Post
    Thank you Dario for the thorough answer! And to support what sdg71 said, yes, your English is very clear!
    hey ciao,
    sometimes googles translator makes miracles!!
    d

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lionel View Post
    I think this is going to quickly become the thread with the most pages in the smoked out section!

Dario, is the day is done generally available now?
    Ciao Lionel,
    yes the DID is available .
    ciao
    d

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by krazemoney View Post
    Ciao Dario,

I just ordered one of your Marcelo frames just a few days ago, and I still didn't decide on the paint job... I have a few questions:

I found this on the web, amazingly beautiful graphics, what is the name of this paint scheme?

Is this paint scheme available?

Is it Possible with a light blue metallic (metallizzato) base color and red Pegoretti logos?

Does it cost extra compared to a one color paint job?

Grazie

Lorenzo
    Ciao Lorenzo ,
    yes is possible to chance the base color , will be nevessary to chance the other 3 colors of the paintscheme to have a nice balace , please note that there is not the pegoretti logo on the frame but a Bampi logo that was the lastname of my mamma .
    it is an hommage to her .
    I forgot to give a name to the paintscheme , any idea?
    d

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by wankie View Post
    Come join our rides man, would love to see your Respo haha...

Ciao Dario, got a Love #3 and am waiting on a Marcelo from Jordan. Hope to be able to meet up with you one day.

cheers!
    ciao ,
    Jordan will be here the next week , come on , jump on the airplane !!!
    we can have fun and good food and Jordan will pay the dinners !!!
    d

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Boar View Post
    In my small experience, this summer i raced my first ironman , i could choose beetween my Marcelo and my linskey titanium (much lighter), i had very long training sessions with both, 130 to 200 km rides.
    I finally chose the Marcelo, because i felt my energy go more directly to the wheels, and i felt less tired at the end, veery important when you have a marathon waiting for you...
    Grazie mille Dario
    hey ,
    this guy create the new logo for the box :
    "fatti con le mani e il buon senso "
    ciao
    d

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by amg View Post
    Ciao Dario,

First off, thank you so much for my frames! Both of them, an 8:30am and a Duende, put a big smile on my face and are very special to me. My 8:30am has many miles on it and has been with through thick and thin.

Quick question, on the Duende, is the tubing heat treated like the Marcelo?

Tanti Saluti,

Antonio
    Antonio carissimo,
    hope all is well , the duende tubeset is cold work strees relived , all the other tubesets of my tig welded frames are heat treated.
    take care
    d

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

some shoots of the new sti cable adjuster
    d
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looks great Dario

When will you start supplying the Falz?

Ciao
    Paul

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Shiny Boy View Post
    Looks great Dario

When will you start supplying the Falz?

Ciao
    Paul
    Ciao Paul,
    good question , the 50 mm rake version is ok and is now on production , there are some cosmetics problems on the 45 mm and i don't aprrove the sample , i am waiting for the definitive sample of the 45 and starting the mass production , i think that i will recive the first run for the beginning of the new year.
    ciao
    d

Better to be ruined than to be silent atmo.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

some shoots of the new sti cable adjuster
    d
    that's so hot atmo.
    cannot wait to see these in person!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ciao Dario, I remember an article where it was mentioned that u ride an aluminum bike, and mostly to the cafe (or something along the lines) :) do you ride any of your bikes at all especially with this seasons slight redesigns - just to get a feel of the differences?

cheers Drew

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by wrexel View Post
    Ciao Dario, I remember an article where it was mentioned that u ride an aluminum bike, and mostly to the cafe (or something along the lines) :) do you ride any of your bikes at all especially with this seasons slight redesigns - just to get a feel of the differences?

cheers Drew
    Ciao ,
    yes sometimes i ride an old alu bike around here but nothing very seriously , and sometimes i ride the new model , but if i need a good feedback i prefer to give the bike to some good friends that i am sure have a good sensibility and can ride the bike more and more close to the limit than me .
    ciao
    d