Likes Likes:  0

Thread: NAHBS Heads up on the storage fees

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default NAHBS Heads up on the storage fees

Last year we didn't really uderstand the cost of crate storage for the show and we were pretty surprised by the $600 bill posted in our booth Friday morning. For new NAHBSters, the $75/ hundredweight will mean you should budget for an extra few hundred dollars. I know a bunch of builders were shocked at this expense last year.

Better to be ruined than to be silent atmo.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

at those rates i can bring the maltese milk ball and pay only $4.65 to store him for the weekend atmo.
    ps the picture is 4X actual size -

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

milkballs, milkballs...is it always about the milkballs?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cardinal View Post
    Last year we didn't really uderstand the cost of crate storage for the show and we were pretty surprised by the $600 bill posted in our booth Friday morning. For new NAHBSters, the $75/ hundredweight will mean you should budget for an extra few hundred dollars. I know a bunch of builders were shocked at this expense last year.
    Matt,

Please call the decorator and talk with them. The way I understood it, it was a flat rate for drayage to/from the show and storage.

DW

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Slapshot View Post
    Matt,

Please call the decorator and talk with them. The way I understood it, it was a flat rate for drayage to/from the show and storage.

DW
    In the Service Kit PDF it lists dryage as $70.25/cwt. I'm pretty sure that is a price by weight of 100lbs. Maybe that's where the mis-understanding started last year. Call me niave, but I'd never heard of cwt as a unit of measure. I had to look it up to find out what it was:
    In Imperial units, a (long) hundredweight is defined as 112 lb, or 8 stone, or four quarters; equivalent to 50.80234544 kg. This is so close to 50 kg that the transition to its 50 kg metric equivalent of quintal aka centner (Zentner in German) has been easy. In U.S. customary units, a (short) hundredweight is defined as 100 lb; equivalent to 45.35924 kg. This is also the normal hundredweight in Canada. The short hundredweight is also called a cental, especially in places which normally use the long hundredweight. In both systems, there are twenty hundredweights to a ton: respectively, the long ton of 2240 lb—approximately equal to a metric tonne of 1,000 kilograms (2,205 lb))— and the short ton of 2000 lb.
    Seems a lot less confusing to say "per 100 lbs" Instead I breezed over the document and saw that we have to pay $70.25 per something-I'm-not-sure-what and I think to myself "Oh seventy bucks to store our boxes sounds reasonable."
    I just wanted to pass along that last year WE didn't do the math and were surprised (along with many others) at how "hundredweight" translated to $$$.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: NAHBS Heads up on the storage fees

I thought the people at National Expo were helpful and a pleasure to deal with. Even though I didn't give them any money.