User Tag List

Page 323 of 350 FirstFirst ... 313314315316317318319320321322323324325326327328329330331332333 ... LastLast
Results 6,441 to 6,460 of 7000

Thread: Automobiles

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Automobiles

Quote Originally Posted by j44ke View Post
    I think there is a Petrolicious video about a kid who grew up working at Dominicks. If I am right, the video features his orange user/racer BMW 2002.
    https://petrolicious.com/films/this-...carved-pumpkin

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You guys send me down the best rabbit holes.
    Thanks!

Mike
    Mike Noble

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mnoble485 View Post
    You guys send me down the best rabbit holes.
    Thanks!

Mike
    That's a great video.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The bike rack reduced the coolness factor of this EuroVan, not to mention the fact that it was extremely loose.
    rw saunders
    hey, how lucky can one man get.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rwsaunders View Post

The bike rack reduced the coolness factor of this EuroVan, not to mention the fact that it was extremely loose.
    Jay Dwight in town??
    Jorn Ake
    poet

Flickr
    Books

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Eurovan is the us name for the Multivan? Or is that a Caravelle ?
    --
    T h o m a s

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's an MV. The EVC is extended wheelbase with stove, fridge, heater and backup battery.

I am still sorting mine out. It's like owning a boat. Fix this, fix that. Planning to drive to Oregon in five weeks and not sure whether to drive my car or the van. Replacing the OEM DOT-spec headlights with Euro-spec Hella lenses because the former are useless. There's a sixth gear mod available that would be really useful and a place in Bend that specializes in VW transmissions- in for a dime, in for a dollar.
    Jay Dwight

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ides1056 View Post
    That's an MV. The EVC is extended wheelbase with stove, fridge, heater and backup battery.

I am still sorting mine out. It's like owning a boat. Fix this, fix that. Planning to drive to Oregon in five weeks and not sure whether to drive my car or the van. Replacing the OEM DOT-spec headlights with Euro-spec Hella lenses because the former are useless. There's a sixth gear mod available that would be really useful and a place in Bend that specializes in VW transmissions- in for a dime, in for a dollar.
    In europe we have Caravelle (more utilitary, with bench seats), Multivan (individual modulable seats, more comfort) and California (with the additional camper stuff).
    --
    T h o m a s

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry for the photo dump, but I am always fascinated when I pick up my Mini from the mechanic by the stuff he works on.

My high school track coach used to have one of these. The shotputters and discus guys thought it was great fun to pick it up and move it to the other side of the parking lot.

Some others:

« If I knew what I was doing, I’d be doing it right now »

-Jon Mandel

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The aforementioned Mini while visiting a place I spent 4 years at about a generation before the car was manufactured.

From experience, no matter how tall you are never ride 50 miles to get in a car without adjustable seats that you will drive 75 miles unless you arrange for help at the end to help peel you out of the car. Oh, and cramping is a real issue.

« If I knew what I was doing, I’d be doing it right now »

-Jon Mandel

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

OT (on-topic, pretty much): the Nurburgring 24 hour race started this morning.

https://www.24h-rennen.de/en/live-en/ for live streams, including a bunch of GT3 beasts, a Supra GT4 and a Hyundai TCR.

http://player.radiolemans.co.87-239-...sk-server.com/ for English language live radio coverage. Choose the RS1 channel.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 72gmc View Post
    OT (on-topic, pretty much): the Nurburgring 24 hour race started this morning.

https://www.24h-rennen.de/en/live-en/ for live streams, including a bunch of GT3 beasts, a Supra GT4 and a Hyundai TCR.

http://player.radiolemans.co.87-239-...sk-server.com/ for English language live radio coverage. Choose the RS1 channel.
    Thanks. Can anyone explain to me how these types of races are not more chaotic than they are? I can't understand how you can have such vastly different cars-performance wise, on the same course at the same time.

Lets say, for example, that I am driving a slow car in this race-what is my incentive to get out of the way of faster cars?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Self preservation?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by darkmother View Post
    Thanks. Can anyone explain to me how these types of races are not more chaotic than they are? I can't understand how you can have such vastly different cars-performance wise, on the same course at the same time.

Lets say, for example, that I am driving a slow car in this race-what is my incentive to get out of the way of faster cars?
    respect + you know the fast guys won't have much patience.
    Last edited by sk_tle; 05-20-2023 at 08:28 PM.
    --
    T h o m a s

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just spent a day on family things and now I’m winding down with a small treat and the livestream of Christopher Haase slicing through traffic in #39, which is mildly mind boggling. I guess my motivation to get out of the way would be respect. Do the best race I can, don’t mess up someone else’s race.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Vintage wheels go to town

retro-tech.jpg
    Dan Fuller, local bicycle enthusiast

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When I saw that Volvo was coming out with something called the EX30, I was hoping it was going to be a new version of the C30 with a battery in it.

But no, it is going to be another fcking SUV. Meh.
    Jorn Ake
    poet

Flickr
    Books

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have to say that the Volvo C40 looks awful to my eye, like they hired the guy that designed the bulbous Honda Crosstour and he copied the design. I hope that isn't a worrisome sign, from the people that made that stunning station wagon recently. I saw one in person, in black, the other day and if the XC40 I drive wasn't more than I could ever want one of those might be a temptation.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I see a few V60 wagons in dark colors locally, and they look almost weirdly long and low to my eye. Antidotes to a world of chunk-mobiles.
    Dan Fuller, local bicycle enthusiast

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 72gmc View Post
    I see a few V60 wagons in dark colors locally, and they look almost weirdly long and low to my eye. Antidotes to a world of chunk-mobiles.
    Unfortunately, very few are the non-lifted versions, and of those that are, they seem mostly non-AWD. I’d love to drive a V60 that’s not lifted and has AWD, but a lifted wagon will have to do for now.

Traveling abroad to other first world countries really makes me a bit miffed at the offerings we get Stateside. On the streets of Tokyo, Kyoto, and Taipei, i’ve seen plenty of luxury wagons such as the C-class, E-class, CLA, and 5-series wagons, all in non-lifted and non-spec-ed out formats. But even more impressive are the abundance of mid-level wagons made by Mazda and Toyota. Subaru even makes a non-lifted wagon that is quite stylish, as opposed to the monstrosity that is current generation Outback (those things are 5” taller than my V60 CC). The cab we took yesterday in Taipei was a wagon, probably sized comparable to a current gen Corolla, but quite practical.