User Tag List

View Poll Results: COVID19 Poll (anonymous)

Voters
142. You may not vote on this poll
  • Expect to get COVID19 in the next 365 days

87 61.27%
  • Do not expect to get COVID19 in the next 365 days

51 35.92%
  • Got it

4 2.82%
  • Tested positive for antibodies

0 0%
Page 110 of 112 FirstFirst ... 100101102103104105106107108109110111112 LastLast
Results 2,181 to 2,200 of 2235

Thread: Covid19

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Covid19

Take care Colker. Sorry to hear.
    Jay Dwight

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Colker update yo.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Received my first shot of the Moderna vaccine this morning thanks to the VA. When I first opened this thread I checked that I did not plan to get the virus, as time wore on I thought perhaps I was too optimistic. We did a good job with distancing and not going out unless necessary. I'm happy to report I made it to the vaccine without contacting covid, as far as I know. Never felt symptoms, but I was never tested for antibodies.

Hoping were on the downhill now. Positive thoughts to those fighting it currently.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Chad View Post
    Received my first shot of the Moderna vaccine this morning thanks to the VA. When I first opened this thread I checked that I did not plan to get the virus, as time wore on I thought perhaps I was too optimistic. We did a good job with distancing and not going out unless necessary. I'm happy to report I made it to the vaccine without contacting covid, as far as I know. Never felt symptoms, but I was never tested for antibodies.

Hoping were on the downhill now. Positive thoughts to those fighting it currently.
    Got my second one yesterday at the VA. Seamless process. Good to hear that you got yours as well.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by COVRTDESIGN View Post
    Got my second one yesterday at the VA. Seamless process. Good to hear that you got yours as well.
    Very smooth indeed, props to the VA folks.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Too Tall View Post
    Colker update yo.
    It took me 2 months to get rid of the obvious symptoms. I guess i am ok now, almost 3 mo later and i began swimming. Well, i was never that much out of breath in my life. I had LIGHT covid in my lungs. This thing just lingers on and on.. I could be depressed but i am happy my oxygen levels stayed put and i had no need for a hospital bed. I took the vaccine last week! We are going thru tough times.
    slow.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

stay optimistic. i had a very light case--was only sick for 3 days, and then months of inability to exert myself even minimally. My heart rate went into the 160s with yard work, I was unable to jog or bike. It was worse in heat, direct sun, or if not well hydrated. The last made a big difference--I have to be well hydrated before any exertion.

After 2-3 frustrating months (and occasionally scary episodes), I had ECG & treadmill stress test to make sure there was no obvious cardiac issue to treat. I stopped trying to "get back in shape" and just did what I could--and backed off if I felt bad. About 9 months out I started to be able to bike and jog at a level I can enjoy, even if not nearly where I was (or want to be), but that is okay.

I will get 1st dose of Moderna this Saturday, and I hope symptoms improve. Sadly I broke my ankle 4 weeks ago so it will be several more weeks to months before I can jog or mtn bike. I may end up trying to swim too.

try to enjoy what you are able to do, and I believe you will continue to be better

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There are few people within my circle that say that Covid-19 is just in people's heads. It makes me wonder where they get their "science".
    Chikashi Miyamoto

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

5 people in my office of (now) 15 have tested positive since Friday. 4 of them regularly engage without masks, social distancing, etc.

I’m now 6 days post first shot of Moderna, and on day 5 of intermittent very low fevers. No other symptoms. Went and took a rapid test this afternoon. We’ll see what happens.
    -Dustin

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For those getting the Pfizer and Moderna vaccines, the studies that I've seen indicate that there is 80% effectiveness after the first dose but that the immunity only comes after 11 days. The immunity is more digital than analog and switches on at that point but not much before then. Better to keep up the full precautions in place for at least another week and a half after getting the first shot.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dashDustin View Post
    5 people in my office of (now) 15 have tested positive since Friday. 4 of them regularly engage without masks, social distancing, etc.

I’m now 6 days post first shot of Moderna, and on day 5 of intermittent very low fevers. No other symptoms. Went and took a rapid test this afternoon. We’ll see what happens.
    Welp, rapid test came back positive.
    -Dustin

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Phawk.
    Jay Dwight

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hopefully your symptoms stay minor. Take care and rest up.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nertz. Can you get a deep nasal swab test to corroborate the rapid test or are you now automatically untouchable?

Also how close are you to your second vaccination? We were told here in NY that you shouldn't cancel your second vaccine if you test positive. Instead you should reschedule based on quarantine length and then persistence of symptoms.
    Last edited by j44ke; 04-13-2021 at 07:20 PM.
    Jorn Ake
    poet

Flickr
    Books

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sending you some good V vibes Dustin.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by j44ke View Post
    Nertz. Can you get a deep nasal swab test to corroborate the rapid test or are you now automatically untouchable?

Also how close are you to your second vaccination? We were told here in NY that you shouldn't cancel your second vaccine if you test positive. Instead you should reschedule based on quarantine length and then persistence of symptoms.
    I’m considering the other swab test. Will wait and see how wifey’s rapid test comes back. She got her shot today.

Lady on the phone said not to cancel, but to delay it a week. I’m 3 weeks out from getting it.
    -Dustin

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ides1056 View Post
    Phawk.
    That’s what I said.
    -Dustin

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm going for my 2nd Pfizer shot today. Michigan has had a huge resurgence in the last few weeks (although I'm barely over the border from Indana). Apparently our increase has something to do with a new strain. While most people in the shops I visit (like the grocery and hardware stores) wear masks, I've noticed more not wearing them lately. I don't understand why some people can't see the correlation. So far 4 of my acquaintances have died of Covid. The latest one was a grade school classmate. While some of my other still-alive friends that have tested positive had only what they describe as like a mild flu. The results of getting Covid have unequally affected us. I've cancelled all my framebuilding students until 2 weeks from tomorrow.

When my wife and I were going to see our daughter in CO the last of Feb, we had a car breakdown in Lebanon, MO a few miles east of Springfield. That is deep redneck country and we saw very few wearing masks and were constantly told we didn't need to wear them either.

I wanted to visit one of my friends that made a geothermal greenhouse. I wanted more info on how he did it. He put off my visit several times and the last time he said, don't come I might be positive and a test proved he was. I dodged a bullet there.

My wife is a nurse and there way of encouraging vaccinations is that if any employees gets Covid, they don't get any paid time off.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Fattic View Post
    I'm going for my 2nd Pfizer shot today. Michigan has had a huge resurgence in the last few weeks (although I'm barely over the border from Indana). Apparently our increase has something to do with a new strain. While most people in the shops I visit (like the grocery and hardware stores) wear masks, I've noticed more not wearing them lately. I don't understand why some people can't see the correlation. So far 4 of my acquaintances have died of Covid. The latest one was a grade school classmate. While some of my other still-alive friends that have tested positive had only what they describe as like a mild flu. The results of getting Covid have unequally affected us. I've cancelled all my framebuilding students until 2 weeks from tomorrow.

When my wife and I were going to see our daughter in CO the last of Feb, we had a car breakdown in Lebanon, MO a few miles east of Springfield. That is deep redneck country and we saw very few wearing masks and were constantly told we didn't need to wear them either.

I wanted to visit one of my friends that made a geothermal greenhouse. I wanted more info on how he did it. He put off my visit several times and the last time he said, don't come I might be positive and a test proved he was. I dodged a bullet there.

My wife is a nurse and there way of encouraging vaccinations is that if any employees gets Covid, they don't get any paid time off
    Does this rule go in effect only if the employee in question expressly refused the vaccines? Otherwise, it would seem quite cruel.

That said, it really says something that the sticks approach in general works better than the carrots approach.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I’m considering the other swab test.
    I hope that one comes back negative... Take care.
    Chikashi Miyamoto