User Tag List

Page 99 of 136 FirstFirst ... 8990919293949596979899100101102103104105106107108109 ... LastLast
Results 1,961 to 1,980 of 2706

Thread: Grumps can suck it, it's Friday!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Default Re: Grumps can suck it, it's Friday!

Quote Originally Posted by David Tollefson View Post
    I'm currently getting my house ready to put on the market... 10 years of put-off projects in a compact time. Fortunately my wife has come to the realization that her hard deadline isn't going to happen (I've been pointing this out for the last month, but what can you do).
    Selling the house in about 9 months. Had home improvement guys there for the last two days fixing crown molding, painting, and changing bathroom fixtures. I could do those things myself but I'd rather support the local economy and have more time to ride.
    Retired Sailor, Marine dad, semi-professional cyclist, fly fisherman, and Indian School STEM teacher.
    Assistant Operating Officer at Farm Soap homemade soaps. www.farmsoap.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bigbill View Post
    Selling the house in about 9 months. Had home improvement guys there for the last two days fixing crown molding, painting, and changing bathroom fixtures. I could do those things myself but I'd rather support the local economy and have more time to ride.
    I felt kind of ironic, fixing and spiffing up things we'd lived with forever, just so we could sell.
    I suppose one could make the old place nice enough to want to stay put.
    Didn't happen in my case.
    GO!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Doing a day of overtime tomorrow to add to the play money (read bike money) coffers.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

As seen today on a guys floor in Flagstaff, AZ.
    Retired Sailor, Marine dad, semi-professional cyclist, fly fisherman, and Indian School STEM teacher.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New Sachs arrived today.
    killing idols one at a time

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Thompson View Post
    The re-carpeting was finished the first part of the week and new furniture comes in Saturday. We've been in this house for 20 years so 'bout damned time!
    I bet you never thought that orange shag would go out of style, Dave. Cheers to you for the upgrade.
    rw saunders
    hey, how lucky can one man get.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A day late but relevant nonetheless. Two years ago, our oldest contracted an unknown virus which resulted in her being placed on a ventilator, and eventually transported via helicopter to the infectious disease ward of a larger facility as "she would have better options due to her age". Those were not real words of encouragement for my wife and I. Fast forward two years and she's living the life as a graduate student and celebrating her 24th birthday today. We are truly blessed.
    rw saunders

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

so, what started out as quite possibly the most god-awful day, back on 11/02/2016, finally came to an end this past Friday when wifey and I moved into our new house. we closed on the 25th and started moving small stuff after work, but didn't really hit it until this past Friday. Friday through Sunday, that was all we did. But it's done now. New house, no random boxes spread all over...we moved, unpacked, setup, and discarded in 3 days. it was hard. it was hot (100+). but it's done.
    -Dustin

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just spent two hours rearranging flights that were cancelled at the last minute due to weather as we are headed on vacation tomorrow. It looks like things will work out to some extent though, logistics aren't the best, but I told my wife later, why should I bitch about heading on vacation, right? It's not like we are dealing with health issues or something tragic. I then read this article and it backed up my thoughts for sure. It also reinforces the fact that there are still some awesome people in this world.

How one man built a $51m theme park for his daughter - BBC News
    rw saunders

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Taking the two big kids (20 and 19) on a one day fishing trip before school starts. Sooooo looking forward to it.

Wish us luck, the white bass are running. Cross between fishing and NASCAR. Kind of putt around until you see the gulls working a boil, race over to the boil with every other boat on the lake and cast into it like a madman. It's a hoot.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Day late but still good. Arrived yesterday at daughter and son in laws "cabin" in Maggie Valley, NC. 5000sq. ft. of goodness on top of a mountain. White water rafting and zip lining on tap tomorrow and then Asheville. In search of Carolina BBQ to compare to my trip to Memphis.

Mike
    Mike Noble

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The countdown has begun... started at 10. When I reach zero I pack up, head home and go for a ride.

10: Instant message from an application programmer fishing for help. "Good Morning! Have a Great Day!" What they do is shotgun that to everybody on my team and whoever rises to the bait helps them debug their application code. Until we figured out what they were doing we'd have more than one person working on exactly the same question because the app guy would never let on they already hooked one. Generally it is really basic stuff that anybody with yellow belt Google Fu lands in about three minutes. Of course, it takes way more than three minutes because the application programmer doesn't have the first concept of diagnostic information like "what were you doing, where is the output... you know, what are the g-d symptoms?"
    9: The loud lady one aisle over: "O M G this new Jabber is so funny." Jabber is the IM software. Anybody that uses text abbreviations in conversation is pathetic. I get those in business emails, too. I'm the guy that replies and tells them to try again, this time with actual English. I won't be surprised if that's one or two today.

It's before 8am. I bet I'm out of here by 10:30am.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: bitchin' can suck it, it's Friday!

Beautiful morning, quite possibly my last bicycle commute of the year. School starts monday and I get to take, so it doesn't work.

Started off the ride with "Ugly Woman" by Jerry Reed, love his stuff.

Dog had stitches removed (spayed) now we can get back to training as teal season opens on 9/2. I'm getting the fever.

Going to Green Day, Saturday. We'll see...

Have a great weekend!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Made an offer on a new house.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My 16 year old son took my single-speed road bike for a spin today (first time on a road bike).
    I've been telling him how fun & fast it feels on pavement. He likes mountain biking and now that he is my height, he can choose from anything from my fleet!
    I think he gets it now.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's Friday and I ache everywhere. This is part of my Grumps can suck it. A few weeks ago I convinced my VP that it would be a great thing for us to do yoga once a week after work. He found a yogi to come to the job site and give a one hour session. 10 people signed up ranging from 68 to 25 in age. Remember this is a construction job site. It was great and everyone said they would be back next week. The construction industry is crusty but it has changed.

New Age hard hats!
    Mike Noble

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mnoble485 View Post
    It's Friday and I ache everywhere. This is part of my Grumps can suck it. A few weeks ago I convinced my VP that it would be a great thing for us to do yoga once a week after work. He found a yogi to come to the job site and give a one hour session. 10 people signed up ranging from 68 to 25 in age. Remember this is a construction job site. It was great and everyone said they would be back next week. The construction industry is crusty but it has changed.

New Age hard hats!
    I hope that it isn't heat yoga, Mike. Are you required to wear safety fluoro yoga tights too? Please tell me no as I can't image doing yoga with some of our job site plumbers.
    rw saunders

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mnoble485 View Post

New Age hard hats!
    Yoga is awesome! I'd love to see pics of construction site yoga.

Lululemon=Rapha
    Jonathan Lee
    My science page

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Some things can't be unseen so no photos were taken. To be honest I was the only "field" person and I use that term loosely as I am the Project Super. The rest were office people but still a great thing.

Mike
    Mike Noble

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Look at Smoked Out and Coconino. That's mine.