User Tag List

Page 99 of 362 FirstFirst ... 8990919293949596979899100101102103104105106107108109 ... LastLast
Results 1,961 to 1,980 of 7224

Thread: Get Your Grump on Thursdays - Was (What's chapping my @ss today?)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Get Your Grump on Thursdays - Was (What's chapping my @ss today?)

For a variety of reasons, I'm sick of everyone having babies.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

friends reminding me that they are retiring and that I have ten years to work......
    life is too short to drink bad wine....

Stuart Levy

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And the people that run the lottery keep picking the wrong numbers.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by monadnocky View Post

How- HOW could this atrocious piece of garbage actually make it to market?
    Design my committee, chasing the average.

My grump involves this McCain playing poker on his iPhone

Hold the pair tens or start the bombing, guy has a lot on his mind.

mccain-wapo-poker.jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"Flat Rate" shipping to OZ. Breathtaking. Whatever happened to slow boat mail delivery?

Reminder, all Grump Violation have exactly the same consequences. Drop and push girls, drop and push.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm planning an upgrade of 600 PCs. Not to Windows 8!

Quote Originally Posted by monadnocky View Post
    Oh and one more thing.

Moved into a new office yesterday. They've (generously) provided each office with its own laptop.

I'm not a diehard Mac user, really; I recognize that it's just what tends to work for me and I like the aesthetics of Macs. This laptop comes installed with Windows 8. My understanding is that Windows 8 is optimized for tablets, but holy sweet jesus mother of God is it awful on a laptop. I mean it is a complete cluster of tiles, apps, un-useable features, and in this laptop's case, 912 pre-installed security suites. I kid you not, it took me over fifteen minutes to figure out HOW TO TURN THE GODDAMN COMPUTER OFF. To get a simple Word document open requires so much work you'd think you were programming an Altair 800 in 1982.

I hope whoever helped design Windows 8 gets boiled in a vat of acid. How- HOW could this atrocious piece of garbage actually make it to market?
    GO!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm getting a colonoscopy today. I have been "prepping" for about 12 hours now. I'm hungry and a little dehydrated feeling.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tri geeks that don't rotate in a paceline and then get offended when they get barked at when in there aero position. Tools.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1. people that are too lazy to take their used crap to the dump so they just leave it on the sidewalk w/ or w/out a a "free" sign. my ass. my neighbor had 2 tv's sitting there for almost 2wks, another had a couch you wouldn't bring to a phrat hse there for almost as long. losers.
    2. chia seeds/flax seeds/etc...superfood? ok i'll bite. they are everywhere in my kitchen mostly cemented to the sink.
    3. not so much a gripe, but the end of sailing season is looming, despite the nxt cple months being primetime for wind, they are also primetime for storms that cause damage, worry, sleeplessness, and sometimes really non-fun last minute trips to storm moorings.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    you're not the lord of the flies

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Been sick for two weeks. It's getting really old.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Story of a co-worker:

"Can I get a raise?"
    "No."
    "Ok, I'm giving my notice then."
    "OK, we're not gonna change our mind."

2 weeks later they've hired a contractor for 2-3x what they were paying my co-worker.
    elysian
    Tom Tolhurst

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew Strongin View Post
    Been sick for two weeks. It's getting really old.
    Make that two of us.

Between being sick, work, school, and general life I've decided to abandon the CX season. I have no interest in showing up and dragging ass, spending the cash just to finish in the bottom 10%. Not at all pleased with this decision.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Two chilly nights and my glove compartment is full of mouse nests. Made out of chewed up owner's manual and registration papers, among many other things.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I didn't build enough of a foundation to be able to ride one single goal event this year. Time management is not a reason to miss goals. It's nobody's fault but mine.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Goddamn science deniers.

Broken floor pumps.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My old saw - Irresponsible bicycle commuters who travel on busy roads in the dark with bare minimum lighting or none...often none.
    Just because it is your right to do this does not mean it's smart. I hate myself for saying this outloud...g-dforbid you get hit think about the trauma and possibly ruining some lives. Find a better route, light your arses up like a XmasChannukahQuwanzaMaka tree and everyone will be alot happier....dumbarse.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have a new place to live. That is awesome. Moving there will suck. That makes me grumpy.

I will like living where I work. That makes me happy. Living in the midst of the endless, soulless suburban wasteland of Virginia Beach is not the greatest but it ain't the worst.

But what makes me grumpiest is that I will be 1000 miles from the Founders Tap Room instead of 8 miles.

Oh, and controllers who don't answer until the fourth call and then get pissed if I can't answer on the first call. He's sitting in a stationary chair. My chair is not stationary. Settle the eff down dude.

Off to ROC. Out.
    La Cheeserie!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Grump: 30 MPH mtn bike crash in middle of vacation and subsequent AC injury and assorted bruises and pain restricting activity and end of season road racing.

Anti-Grump: Was out riding my mtn bike having a blast, crashed and didn't actually break anything, didn't smash my head / face into a rock.

I'd do push ups for the vague grump and anti-grump but cannot right now so will bank them for later.

Grump: Not having a VS moratorium on Serrotta threads. It's like watching carrion eating at a carcass.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

* Daughter the older has pink-eye. Out of school for at least a day. Biggest bummer is that she now can't do anything with the baby for at least 24 hours. No rest for momma today. I'm going to hear about it.

* This one will be a bit long: I ran yesterday, and there's a charity 5K at work today. That's two days in a row running, which is a bit of a risk for me. I've been planning this long training day of a 5xsprint triathlon around my birthday, in celebration of hitting the big Five-Oh. I've been watching the weather forecast for next week (b'day is on Thursday next week), and it's supposed to basically suck all week and into the weekend. Wife suggests I do the long tri day tomorrow, since the weather is supposed to be nice and warm, and I already have the day off anyway. Which makes it three days in a row running and ending on a very long (for me) run. Expect me to be hobbled for a while after. And expect a "ride" report to follow.

* I ordered V-blocks for my brazing/building set up. Then realized that they're not going to be tall enough to have the main triangle flat and put the rear triangle on... Going to have to ghetto-rig something for that...
    DT

http://www.mjolnircycles.com/

Some are born to move the world to live their fantasies...

"the fun outweighs the suck, and the suck hasn't killed me yet." -- chasea

"Sometimes, as good as it feels to speak out, silence is the only way to rise above the morass. The high road is generally a quiet route." -- echelon_john

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)