User Tag List

Page 97 of 178 FirstFirst ... 87888990919293949596979899100101102103104105106107 ... LastLast
Results 1,921 to 1,940 of 3547

Thread: Timepieces

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: timepieces

Traded my bar bike for this bad boy.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rydesteel View Post
    If you have a link to the shops website it would be appreciated. Thanks!
    Here you go- Hurdle's Jewelry: Breitling

Breitling doesn't technically allow dealers to sell online so just contact me for pricing. I'll try to get a printout with what we have from the sales staff today. All watches will come with the factory Breitling 2yr warranty.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New Seiko 5 sports divers look shockingly good: Introducing: The New Seiko 5 Sports Watches - HODINKEE

Screw down crown would be nice, but the upgraded movement is a definitely bonus over the venerable SKX.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dbh View Post
    New Seiko 5 sports divers look shockingly good: Introducing: The New Seiko 5 Sports Watches - HODINKEE

Screw down crown would be nice, but the upgraded movement is a definitely bonus over the venerable SKX.
    Agreed, the upgraded movement is great but how could they still use a "hardlex" crystal in 2019. A sapphire would maybe add a few dollars to the cost.

Also the move to upscale in the market and price creep continues:
    "Seiko has gradually been moving upmarket in recent years, with incremental price ratcheting and changes in the production schedule of flagship watches. It seems like once Grand Seiko launched in America, it started to creep upwards, and like the rest of a rope team following a lead climber up the side of a mountain, the remaining segments of the Seiko product range inched up as well."

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NYCfixie View Post
    Agreed, the upgraded movement is great but how could they still use a "hardlex" crystal in 2019. A sapphire would maybe add a few dollars to the cost.
    Because they're still selling a shitton of watches. Until people demand sapphire by refusing the buy the watches, they'll continue to use the cheaper hardlex.

Dive watches in particular people don't seem to demand a sapphire crystal. Citizen offers sapphire in watches starting around ~$260 MSRP (which means actual price well under $200), but their cheapest dive watch with a sapphire crystal is their top end $1800 MSRP 1000M piece.
    Dustin Gaddis
    www.MiddleGaEpic.com
    Why do people feel the need to list all of their bikes in their signature?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hardlex doesn't shatter like sapphire on impact. If you're looking for a practical reason, that's a plus for hardlex. Yes, more prone to scratching, but less likely to fully shatter the crystal.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

On a whim last week, I tried on a Tudor Black Bay Blue...really nice.

Also keen to check out the new Glashutte Original SeaQ, though I think it's like 3X the price of the Tudor.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nice one! How is it?
    Quote Originally Posted by zambenini View Post
    Traded my bar bike for this bad boy.

Geoff used to race around on a Brodie Sovereign
    Geoff Morgan

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It is beaucoup sweet! An awful lot of watch. I just put it on a black sailcloth strap and, though I liked the bracelet a lot, like it even better this way for me. The bracelet rules but is that much more formal than I usually dress (this is a big understatement if you know me).

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I accidentally tapped the John Mayer interview on HODINKEE and got sucked in...a $5M watch collection...benefits of being a rock star and single.

Talking Watches 2: With John Mayer - HODINKEE
    rw saunders
    hey, how lucky can one man get.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Also, @NYCfixie, I fibbed... told you I was married to the idea of a blue watch ... the more I thought about it, the more I decided on subtlety. Your spinnaker would have fit the bill way more than the squale I originally wanted, though! I actually looked it up again at one point but it was already gone. Alas, glad it looks like you were able to move it along. Very happy I landed on this guy. Especially on the sailcloth ... too bad it didn't work for you. My wrists are 7" or just a little under if it's cool out and it's working for me, though if I was on the next buckle hole or two I could see how it would be sub-optimal.
    Last edited by deano; 08-14-2019 at 08:23 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rwsaunders View Post
    I accidentally tapped the John Mayer interview on HODINKEE and got sucked in...a $5M watch collection...benefits of being a rock star and single.

Talking Watches 2: With John Mayer - HODINKEE
    Undercover watch killer: Ellen Degeneres

The Celebrity Collection: Ellen DeGeneres Watches - Bob's Watches

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by zambenini View Post
    Also, @NYCfixie, I fibbed... told you I was married to the idea of a blue watch ... the more I thought about it, the more I decided on subtlety. Your spinnaker would have fit the bill way more than the squale I originally wanted, though! I actually looked it up again at one point but it was already gone. Alas, glad it looks like you were able to move it along. Very happy I landed on this guy. Especially on the sailcloth ... too bad it didn't work for you. My wrists are 7" or just a little under if it's cool out and it's working for me, though if I was on the next buckle hole or two I could see how it would be sub-optimal.
    Glad it worked out for you and you got something you really like.

If you look over at the watch strap thread you will see I found a Bradystraps sailcloth that works (for my larger than average wrist).

My Seiko SRP777 Turtle and the Spinnaker Tesei Titanium sold quickly on eBay. I have a few more less than $500 watches I am going to list for sale soon. It has been a fun ride the last few months trying out all of these watches but I need to move them along to new homes.

The Hamtun Nanok being one of them that will go soon (still brand new with all protective plastic on it).

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rmplum View Post
    Ellen is a genuine Baller and Rolex Daytona watches seem to be her favorite.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Huh, didn't know about Geddy...

Geddy Lee: Clockwork Angel - Worn & Wound

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NYCfixie View Post

The Hamtun Nanok being one of them that will go soon (still brand new with all protective plastic on it).

Will be watching for this. Beautiful watch and at <$500 the price is right for me. Trying to begin a collection.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by J_B View Post
    Will be watching for this. Beautiful watch and at <$500 the price is right for me. Trying to begin a collection.
    Can't list it here - not a bike - but would love to sell to another VSaloner. I will offer it for the cheapest/original/early kickstarter price which is much less than I paid because I got it later via Indiegogo. It literally is brand new - never removed plastic - never adjusted bracelet - still has that stupid silica gel pack in the original leather case.

Send me a PM and I can share further contact details including my eBay account which will show a few recent watch sales and an account with 100% positive feedback from over 100 sales.

Do not want to post price here and be in conflict with classified rules.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My Undone Space watch came in the other day. I've since switched to the included orange straps that match Snoopy's spacesuit

The customization you can do on the watch when you order it is amazing. It was a fun watch to get and since I work at NASA, it was a good fit and way cheaper than an Omega.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AngryScientist View Post
    i look forward to your report on the new g-shock dustin and particularly how you like the premium urethane band, or whatever they call it. as i mentioned, i've had a bunch of G's and never got along with the plasticky feel of the band. i like the looks of that blue ion plated one!
    18 days after ordering it from a dealer in Spain, it's here! I swapped out the stock ion plated bezel with a DLC bezel. Casio does a cool thing where they they put the batch code on their watches which tells you the day they're made (Mar 5, 2019 for this one). That's kinda neat.

It is a nice upgrade over the standard 5610. The strap is indeed much nicer than cheaper models, it feels more like silicone and less like plastic. May not use the NATO adapters... Don't know how it compares to the GW-5000 strap tho as I've never had one of those on hand.

Dustin Gaddis
    www.MiddleGaEpic.com
    Why do people feel the need to list all of their bikes in their signature?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dgaddis View Post
    18 days after ordering it from a dealer in Spain, it's here! I swapped out the stock ion plated bezel with a DLC bezel. Casio does a cool thing where they they put the batch code on their watches which tells you the day they're made (Mar 5, 2019 for this one). That's kinda neat.

It is a nice upgrade over the standard 5610. The strap is indeed much nicer than cheaper models, it feels more like silicone and less like plastic. May not use the NATO adapters... Don't know how it compares to the GW-5000 strap tho as I've never had one of those on hand.
    Nice score. I hope you got a good price on it as those tend to be more expensive especially on the bracelet. I am a big fan of the Casio squares.

I put together (still in progress) a chart of many of the current model variations and whether they come with a hard rubber strap (plastic?), soft rubber strap, combi bracelet, or metal bracelet. I have included other features such as whether or not they have a screw-in back, size (not all squares are the same size and thus straps/bracelets are not always interchangeable), and module number. As the individual model gets more expensive, you tend to get the nicer rubber strap and/or a screw down back.

As an example, my 35th anniversary DW-5035D has both a screw down back and the nicer rubber strap.

As to your question, your GMW-B5000 and the GW-5000 should have the same nicer rubber strap (I have not heard of Casio making different versions of the nicer rubber strap) but they may not be interchangeable due to the different size. The GMW-B500 introduced a new size 49.3×43.2×13.0mm to the more common and long running square sizes of 48.9×42.8×13.4mm and 46.7×43.2×12.7mm. Having never tried swapping anything and only finding conflicting information on watch boards, YMMV.

I want one of those GW-5000 (Japan only model) so if I ever get one I'll send it along so you can compare and contrast straps.