Dear Guest, Please register or login. Content don't create itself! Thank you

User Tag List

Page 97 of 362 FirstFirst ... 87888990919293949596979899100101102103104105106107 ... LastLast
Results 1,921 to 1,940 of 7224

Thread: Get Your Grump on Thursdays - Was (What's chapping my @ss today?)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Get Your Grump on Thursdays - Was (What's chapping my @ss today?)

Quote Originally Posted by bigbill View Post
    Bought a new F150 Lariat last weekend. It was at the dealer for the last two days to fix a door ding that I noticed with I took delivery. They gave me a Ford Fiesta for a loaner because they were out of Taurus'. I hit my head every time I got in and out of the car. I picked up the truck this afternoon, everything is perfect on it except they must have disconnected the battery because all my SiriusXM stations are back to preset and it didn't recognize my phone.

ferrari F150 nice

I can see how your pissed that the dealership gave you a fiesta however

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My wife and the fucking credit card! Aarrrrrgh!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The militarization of our public servants. We had animal control at the house a short while back (a litter of raccoons), and this petite 20-something animal control lady shows up in full SWAT tactical gear, ie, kevlar vest, knee guards, combat boots -- the whole kit minus the H&K MP5. I just figured she was pulled off SWAT duty for the night, and told to work animal control. Anyway, while out riding this past weekend, I saw another fully tactical, blacked-out SWAT lady taking down a stray Border Collie with a noose on a stick. WTF happened to the neighborhood dog catcher of my childhood? Anyone else think animal control should look more like a park ranger than a commando?

Please people: more Andy Griffith, less Black Ops.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thrice in the past 2 weeks I've gone to the office coffee pot (pump top) and it's been empty. How hard is it to grab a filter, tear open a vacuum bag of Columbian-labeled dirt, then push a button? Lazy @#!*%#*(#$@#ers.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've said it before and I'll say it again. Leaf blowers are almost as bad as straight pipe Harleys. And when they start using them at 0730 it's too early.

When I become Supreme Ruler of Earth I am going to ban them.
    La Cheeserie!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nierman View Post
    Thrice in the past 2 weeks I've gone to the office coffee pot (pump top) and it's been empty. How hard is it to grab a filter, tear open a vacuum bag of Columbian-labeled dirt, then push a button? Lazy @#!*%#*(#$@#ers.

Don't be a drip.... Make a new pot.

Last edited by aaronv; 08-29-2013 at 09:31 AM. Reason: typo

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Too Tall View Post
    Step into the elevator alone to realize someone left an invisible present. Class...that's real class.

Another reason to take the stairs.
    The best part about this situation is riding up a floor or two, just you and another's funk, and stopping to let others join in. Is it worse to grin like a moron and own it, or try and convince a stranger you didn't crap yourself?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nierman View Post
    MOTHER@#$*&^er

Make that 4x. Somebody's sticking it to me.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Too Tall View Post
    Step into the elevator alone to realize someone left an invisible present. Class...that's real class.

Another reason to take the stairs.
    Let's be sensitive to our office mates....

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm in Frankfurt with no clothes because the airline lost my luggage.
    steve cortez

FNG

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Water cooler in my case. There is even a big sign saying " If you empty it - put in a new bottle" in slightly cruder terms. I guess we got people here who can't f***ing read. Another thing that gets me is people who put uneaten food in the large rolling dumpster days before the pickup. If in a tied off plastic bag this is not a problem. But loose, old food ROTS and SMELLS so the guys on the floor get a nosefull. Common Sense and Courtesy for Others - oh where did you go?

I like those Terry Tate videos. Could use him everywhere nowadays now that CS & CfO have gone on vacation.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by zetroc View Post
    I'm in Frankfurt with no clothes because the airline lost my luggage.
    No worrries, there are a number of FKK clubs within walking distance of Hauptbahnhoff rail station just minutes from the airport. You're welcome.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Getting a call at 8:00am from a riding buddy to let me know that he's been diagnoised with ALS. Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuk. Told him that when the time comes that he can't ride with us anymore that we'll put him on the back of a tandem and tape him in place so that he can still get out to ride with the group.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Attempting to politely tell the yearly visit from the pair of Jehovah's Witness that, uhhh...

"Excuse me gentleman, let's take a step into my office and take a good look around you. This is my temple. Step back outside with me for a minute. Now take a good look around you... This is my religion."
    Kristofer Henry : 44 BIKES : Made to Shred™
    www.44bikes.com · Flickr · Facebook · Instagram

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"Issues"

Everything is, or has issues.

What they say: "He has issues".
    Reality: The kid down the street tortures animals and wets his bed.

What they say: "They have issues".
    Reality: The couple next door is about to kill each other and are getting a divorce.

What they say: "There are issues in the office bathroom".
    Reality: The toilets have been non-functioning/overflowing/stinking up the place for weeks.

Eff them and the white horse they rode in on. Get a thesaurus! Say what's going on! Say what you mean. Do something FFS!!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Saab2000 View Post
    I've said it before and I'll say it again. Leaf blowers are almost as bad as straight pipe Harleys. And when they start using them at 0730 it's too early.

When I become Supreme Ruler of Earth I am going to ban them.
    Yeah, my neighbor, who basically does lawncare and snow removal for half the neighborhood, luvs him his leafblower. Most recently yesterday from 7:30 - 8 pm, outside my living room windows.

I'd be grumpier about it if he hadn't lost his 12 year old daughter to cancer two months ago. Which gets me to this:

Quote Originally Posted by Auk View Post
    Getting a call at 8:00am from a riding buddy to let me know that he's been diagnoised with ALS. Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuk. Told him that when the time comes that he can't ride with us anymore that we'll put him on the back of a tandem and tape him in place so that he can still get out to ride with the group.
    I've got nothing to complain about.
    GO!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by fortyfour View Post
    Attempting to politely tell the yearly visit from the pair of Jehovah's Witness that...
    too much effort... me, I just answer the door naked.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by monadnocky View Post
    too much effort... me, I just answer the door naked.
    Awesome. I have a friends Dad who does this...
    Kristofer Henry : 44 BIKES : Made to Shred™
    www.44bikes.com · Flickr · Facebook · Instagram

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There's a witness hall around the corner from my house. Several of my former co workers go there. I got myself put on the do not visit list. Chances are very high that I will be walking around in my underwear if they come by.

Grumps....yesterday I walked out to my parking spot on got on the moto. Swung my u turn out of my spot and the back end felt wiggly. Nearly flat back tire. New Michelin. Get down the block to get some air. Find the big machine screw through the tread. Fortunately, I was able to get it to the moto repair shop and they repaired the hole.

Grump number two, still unresolved. Fucking Board of Water Supply. Sent us bills for several months that we paid. At the end of these months, we get new bills, since the prior ones were estimated for one of a number of vague reasons ranging from laziness to equipment failure. The new bills don't account for nearly 700 dollars in payments that we made. They have now sent out a letter reminding us to pay with a gentle threat of service interruption and accompanying fees for restoring service. Playing phone tag with the customer service. Fuckers.

Next week I get a colonoscopy. Look forward to a blow by blow account of the pregame preparation.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We have a nice gym at work. It is 85 degrees today. I go out for a quick run at lunchtime, it's sorta hot and humid, but I never even think about it while running - it ain't bad at all. I get back in gym, and 2-3 people are all like "how can you run out there? Its SO HOT." These are otherwise reasonable people that I work with, but It makes me think that the softness of society (over-air-conditioning everywhere, TVs in line at the grocery and at gas pumps, people driving .5 miles to the grocery store, etc. etc. etc.) is terminal.