User Tag List

Page 96 of 362 FirstFirst ... 8687888990919293949596979899100101102103104105106 ... LastLast
Results 1,901 to 1,920 of 7224

Thread: Get Your Grump on Thursdays - Was (What's chapping my @ss today?)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Get Your Grump on Thursdays - Was (What's chapping my @ss today?)

It's Thursday already?

I've been up since 4, this being the second day in a row. Baby needs to be fed, and she doesn't want to go back to sleep.

Going back to work may feel more like vacation than this... But I've got another 11 days to figure that out.
    DT

http://www.mjolnircycles.com/

Some are born to move the world to live their fantasies...

"the fun outweighs the suck, and the suck hasn't killed me yet." -- chasea

"Sometimes, as good as it feels to speak out, silence is the only way to rise above the morass. The high road is generally a quiet route." -- echelon_john

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As someone who's looking for a home, my grump is the northern VA, Housing Bubble 2.0

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Motorcycles are cool. Motorcycles are fun. I used to have a motorcycle.
    People who own motorcycles with straight pipes are straight up anti-social assholes who have no compunction about ruining the days of thousands of people every time they ride.

Pitbull owners- just F you.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

packing up to move. i don't know where all this crap came from.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have a sore itchy throat. Why itchy? Allergy? I've never had allergies during this part of the year. I am snoring too. Sleeping on my back. I never sleep on my back. If I could only stick my finger down my throat and scratch the itch without making myself puke. Even my inner ear itches. I swam in a pool, but that was three weeks ago. Bah! I want the body I used to have where I could sleep in a creek full of running water and pointy rocks while it was pouring rain and wake up in the morning and feel refreshed, not this princess and the pea body.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The sprinkler system on the SRT is set to be on from 6am-8am, peak morning workout time. People darting all over the place to avoid a soaking from the rotating sprinkler heads. Collisions will happen. This couldn't be done in the middle of the night, or better yet, not at all?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Prius drivers AGAIN! WTF old lady, there is no intelligent reason for you to make a 10 point turn on this two lane road while blocking traffic in both directions. Go another 100 yards and pull into a driveway or 300 yards and use a sidestreet to turn your idiotic vehicle around. And to the idiot guy in his Prius that felt it made sense to block the right shoulder while he waited to make a left turn, WTF?!

Apparently those vehicles need to require yearly re-licensing and perhaps an IQ test.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Work. My frustration to satisfaction ratio is way out of whack. Not sure why I do this.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

People with Napoleon syndrome piss me off. You're not fooling anyone.
    La Cheeserie!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Look outside my window and see a bit of my car that should be attached to it. Someone backed into it, no note. First new car I've purchased, had it less than six months.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by aaronv View Post
    Look outside my window and see a bit of my car that should be attached to it. Someone backed into it, no note. First new car I've purchased, had it less than six months.
    ^^^ happened to me as well, similar circumstances, car again about six months old. Funny thing was that the car that hit it was obviously the car (a Park Avenue) parked in the driveway nearby (the person took the turn into the driveway too tight, clipped my car in the process... car had damage exactly where you would expect it to be, along with matching transferred paint). I had full rage mode on, marched up to the front door, knocked, and very old lady with very bad osteoporosis answered.
    She asked me what I wanted and I told her I had the wrong house.
    what the hell are you gonna do?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by monadnocky View Post
    ^^^ happened to me as well, similar circumstances, car again about six months old. Funny thing was that the car that hit it was obviously the car (a Park Avenue) parked in the driveway nearby (the person took the turn into the driveway too tight, clipped my car in the process... car had damage exactly where you would expect it to be, along with matching transferred paint). I had full rage mode on, marched up to the front door, knocked, and very old lady with very bad osteoporosis answered.
    She asked me what I wanted and I told her I had the wrong house.
    what the hell are you gonna do?
    I can jump on this bandwagon. Wife's car, less than 3 months in our possession, dude runs a red light and hits her. Says its his fault at the scene. We go to claim and he says the light was yellow. Son of a BITCH.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Bought a new F150 Lariat last weekend. It was at the dealer for the last two days to fix a door ding that I noticed with I took delivery. They gave me a Ford Fiesta for a loaner because they were out of Taurus'. I hit my head every time I got in and out of the car. I picked up the truck this afternoon, everything is perfect on it except they must have disconnected the battery because all my SiriusXM stations are back to preset and it didn't recognize my phone.
    Retired Sailor, Marine dad, semi-professional cyclist, fly fisherman, and Indian School STEM teacher.
    Assistant Operating Officer at Farm Soap homemade soaps. www.farmsoap.com

Somewhere between the Right and Left in San Francisco
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Me too, this week. Wife's A3...just back from the body shop where they did an awesome job blending paint to repair damage from getting hit a few months ago. Someone doored her so hard it nearly broke through the panel. Sharp dent that must be nearly 1/2" deep, obviously a door from the Dr's office lot. Sigh.

I can never bring myself to read this whole thread. It makes me too mad. Has anyone mentioned super-entitled runners in bike lanes? SF bike advocacy groups work for decades to finally get a few in the city, and the joggers have decided they make handy places to train. Of course, being pedestrians, they have right-of-way over every single living organism alive.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The large corp I work for (which is, by the way, a great place to work) just passed out refrigerator magnets that say things like "I'm smart" and "I'm easy to work with." It's not a big deal, and it's true, but it still grumps me out.

I would prefer refrigerator magnets of this sort:

its-friday-fuck-this-shit-just-kidding-its-thursday.jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The jerk hole drivers who cut down my block to avoid traffic lights, and get pissed at me for backing out of my driveway. Hello? This is a residential street. I don't honk on your block. Don't honk on mine. Also, the city, for refusing to do anything to send the traffic where it belongs.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew Strongin View Post
    Follow up grump. The day after writing this we get a call from my realtor about the dream house that we lost to a cash buyer. Deal fell through, are we still interested? YES! They accept our offer. We spend two weeks completely excited, running around like crazy to get loan specifics sorted out, resubmitting contract paperwork, pretty much in a tizzy. This is on top of very busy work schedules that are making for late nights and early mornings. One catch, our offer is contingent on the appraisal. The market here is surging, but inconsistent, and banks aren't covering loans on houses that don't appraise. Turns out there was a "miscommunication" on the square footage of the house and while the house appraised for roughly the same price per sq. ft. as our offer, the total value was significantly lower. The seller won't budge and think they can list the house for higher than our offer and get a cash, no contingency offer. So, yet another deal falls through, but this time after weeks of effort, a chunk of money spent, and tons of emotion. So, yeah, this market is a joke. Maybe I'll just build a second and third floor on my little bungalow to get the extra space we need.
    It's still Thursday, right? I'm digging this one up to follow up your grump with mine.

I just got outbid by someone, and my offer was at full asking price. Is this real life?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I gotta list a mile long of shit to unload. But nobody here cares . So instead, I found this bit of Zen in my insomnia from Calvin and Hobbes creator Bill Watterson via Slate, thought it was kind of cool. Hello Thursday, and (depending on who you are) have a great day- or just fuck off.
    http://www.slate.com/content/dam/sla...vice_large.jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i'm not alone in being pissed about how fucked up this america's cup/louis vuitton cup shitshow is "progressing", despite the incredible boats and badass sailors involved. more so: my ultra interesting sailing content aint getting enough attention round these vsalon pahts! so check this vid. these kids are cool/admirable/motivated and this video doesn't do justice to just how badass these boats are and how difficult it is to sail them. i'm out for the long extra long wknd for some biking sailing paddleboarding drinking, more drinking and skirt chasing. have a great labor day wknd all!!
    you're not the lord of the flies

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Step into the elevator alone to realize someone left an invisible present. Class...that's real class.

Another reason to take the stairs.