User Tag List

Page 95 of 362 FirstFirst ... 858687888990919293949596979899100101102103104105 ... LastLast
Results 1,881 to 1,900 of 7224

Thread: Get Your Grump on Thursdays - Was (What's chapping my @ss today?)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Default Re: Get Your Grump on Thursdays - Was (What's chapping my @ss today?)

I bring donuts to the mechanics on Thursday. I usually get myself an apple fritter but now they make them the size of a baseball glove. I love fritters but throwing half out the window on the way to work because I can't finish it means it's too big.

Group ride tonight, new guy in the group, no matter how many times you tell him what flicking an elbow means, he just doesn't get it. He hit my back wheel three times tonight but miraculously stayed upright.

We pay a guy to do our yard. It's Texas, a thousand degrees, and our house was the model home long ago so we have all kinds of landscaping that I have no desire to touch. Today he hit a piece of trash that had blown into the yard and scattered white plastic all over the lawn. Then he left it all there.
    Retired Sailor, Marine dad, semi-professional cyclist, fly fisherman, and Indian School STEM teacher.
    Assistant Operating Officer at Farm Soap homemade soaps. www.farmsoap.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Britishbane View Post
    My bitchfest bitch: when it's hot out my uvula hangs on my tongue. My tonsils are perpetually swollen and huge also. I could be a world class athlete if I had less flesh restricting my oxygen intake (or so I tell myself).

Houston, how much did it suck? I've heard horror stories about getting it done as an adult. Any jaw issues?
    I read about how terrible it was and how a 36 year old will suffer so badly from the surgery. Either I am a super tough stud or others whine too much. I think it is the latter. I had 8 days following the surgery with a really bad sore throat. It was so bad that I was on liquid Vicodin every 4 hours. As long as I kept up on the meds, I was fine. Sleeping was rough and eating and drinking was rough. I am glad I got it over with. My doc gave me Vicodin, an antibiotic and steroids to recover. After 8 days, I am doing well. Every time I would get a cold or a virus or anything else, it would settle in my tonsils. It was inevitable and I knew the bad 8-10 days were coming so might as well get started. That's what I did. It wasn't fun but it wasn't terrible either. You will be worthless for 6-7 days. Hopefully your mate and employer are understanding. Don't be too afraid of the surgery. My kids loved the fact that I was home. I was high as a kite because of the Vicodin so I wad probably entertaining to them.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by znfdl View Post

Actually putting your wife's needs ahead of yours increases your credibility. we all need to do things to balance out our riding time.
    We're going out of town tomorrow for a wedding in my wife's family. I took the day off; it's a 5 hour drive and we need to be there for dinner. Oh, scratch that - we need to be there for a picnic lunch. So there's clearly no time for me to ride before we pile in the car...

So stop being so damn reasonable, Stu! I want to be grumpy until the days ends.
    GO!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gaulzetti is at some bullshit hardcore show down the street with his lady. Radio silence.
    Got some cash
    Bought some wheels
    Took it out
    'Cross the fields
    Lost Control
    Hit a wall
    But we're alright

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tri-assholes (TAs) are starting to piss me off. I live just off the bike course for IM Wisconsin. The community embraces the athletes during the race, but I have to deal with the D-Bags while they train.

1) Packs of idiot TAs on aerobars riding 5 wide on a street. These guys make drivers mad and then a week later my neighbors are asking me why ALL cyclists are so rude. The roadies at least have the sense to go single file or two-up when on a busy road.

2) Littering. This is perhaps my worst pet peeve with TAs. Why do you feel that dropping your Gu wrappers and other scat is somehow acceptable in my community? Earlier this week it was punctured inner tubes. Exhibit A from this evening's ride along the IM course

1147507_10200354496961480_76728665_o.jpg

Finally what is with the dorky compression socks while you ride? That plus a Speedo and a singlet is not a good look on anyone. Just sayin'...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Engineering middle management.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I turned 40 this week, and got to "celebrate" by going on a business trip from hell. Nearly every flight cancelled, no sleep, and an ungrateful client.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Doing a bike tour in Italy and want recessed cleat shoes that I can wear for more than 40 miles (I've got huge feet (50-EEEE).) Been riding Sidi Megas for 8 years and ~40 miles is all I can bare. Tried Lake .... No go. Tried Shimano...... No go. Finally decide I'm willing to spend some coin and do the Bont sizing test online, 50 Wide is in my wheelhouse.

Two local shops sell Bont according to the Bont website. I call both today, tell them I did the size test and my resultant size is 50 Wide. They reply that they can't (won't) help me. I say the Bont sizing test indicates they'd be perfect. First shop says sorry can't help. I ask to speak to the manager, pause, employee comes back says manager agrees they can't help, The other says try Shimano again. I ask if he's kidding, he says no, he adds that half the customers love Bonts and half hate them. I say I haven't even tried them yet and every other wide shoe has failed so I'm willing to take a chance (buy). He says try another Shimano style and hags up.

Support your local bike shop my ass.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The anonymous half-wheeling, clincher-riding, Garmin-worshipping, Shimano-equipped Fred who gave me the neg rep and bumped me from "knows a baller by name" back to "clinchers are my life." DIAMFF.
    In Velo Veritas

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A yesterday I finished up in the city to find out that some dumb shit bitch locked her POS to my bike, not even through a rail, just my effing bike.

I had to wait around for four and a half hours waiting for her

Dear dumb bitch, Fuck you.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by donevwil View Post
    Two local shops sell Bont according to the Bont website. I call both today, tell them I did the size test and my resultant size is 50 Wide. They reply that they can't (won't) help me. I say the Bont sizing test indicates they'd be perfect. First shop says sorry can't help. I ask to speak to the manager, pause, employee comes back says manager agrees they can't help, The other says try Shimano again. I ask if he's kidding, he says no, he adds that half the customers love Bonts and half hate them. I say I haven't even tried them yet and every other wide shoe has failed so I'm willing to take a chance (buy). He says try another Shimano style and hags up.

Support your local bike shop my ass.
    Bont is now a QBP brand, so shops may say they have them. BUT... if you go onto the QBP site you wohld see that their stock of shoes is extremely limited. Shops cannot get them.

Okay, dropping for 20. Or is that 40 because it's not even Thursday?
    DT

http://www.mjolnircycles.com/

Some are born to move the world to live their fantasies...

"the fun outweighs the suck, and the suck hasn't killed me yet." -- chasea

"Sometimes, as good as it feels to speak out, silence is the only way to rise above the morass. The high road is generally a quiet route." -- echelon_john

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Always label last season's lawn sprayer if you have leftover so that you don't Roundup instead of weed&feed. Good news is the front lawn weeds are indeed dead as planned.

I love pushups, so doing 3x30 and then some burpees until puke.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I plan my upcoming weekends based on this GYGOT thread, and y'all had me excited that tomorrow might be Friday.
    thanks jerks

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The simulator.
    La Cheeserie!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

WIDE-EFFING-AWAKE at 3am.

What the heck eh?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Too Tall View Post
    WIDE-EFFING-AWAKE at 3am.

What the heck eh?
    The thunder boomers in fairfax county woke me up also....
    life is too short to drink bad wine....

Stuart Levy

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fixing to head up to Alaska for the next 3 weeks. Gonna miss my wife and kids something terrible. Bringing the Jonathan Greene MTB as my travel companion but man, I am gonna miss my family.
    The mountains are calling and I must go.

- John Muir

The name is Guy Fazzio

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I stopped at Wal Mart to get some supplies on my business trip(Diet Mountain Dew). While I was in there, I became sad and angry all at once. Half of the children were being shouted at or threatened by their "guardians" in a disturbing manner. In the parking lot, a male carbon mass was shouting to his daughter, who was four years old at most, that he was "gonna whoop her ass good" if she don't pop the trunk right now. Child Protective Services case workers don't need to visit homes. A stroll through any Wal Mart will give them plenty of work for the near future. The female land whales were yanking their kids by the arms and shouting them down in a horribly degrading way. I'm sure they are parents-of-the-year when they are at home.

I have young children of my own and I know how sensitive they are at this age. Children idolize their fathers and emulate them. Treating them like Walmartians do will cause serious developmental issues. The kids didn't ask to be born and the parents are just too stupid and incapable of not destroying their children. Yes, there are two Americas. The lower America is reproducing and caught in a vicious cycle. Tap-Out tank tops will continue to have a customer base.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Apparently, the tool required for a Campagnolo AC-S bottom bracket is totally different from the tool required for an AC-H bottom bracket. So if I want to have a redneck crank for D2R2 I have to visit an LBS that has a Campagnolo UT-BB100 tool in the next, uh, 28 hours. Planning, I don't has it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i'm tired of hearing how busy everyone is, how "insane" their schedule is. just "crazy" , like it's a badge of honor. who gives a shit. yer not the President, yer not a 1 armed paper hanger, give it a rest. i've adopted a new approach where i tell someone that i hear that a lot, and that in my spare time i'm a song writer and i've written a song to reflect the times, how busy everyone is, how demanding our professions and lives, but i know they're busy, so i'll just share the 1st few lines: the whole world is busy, don't sing that song to me...fa la la la fa la lallla la la
    you're not the lord of the flies