User Tag List

Page 94 of 362 FirstFirst ... 84858687888990919293949596979899100101102103104 ... LastLast
Results 1,861 to 1,880 of 7224

Thread: Get Your Grump on Thursdays - Was (What's chapping my @ss today?)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Get Your Grump on Thursdays - Was (What's chapping my @ss today?)

Quote Originally Posted by houston View Post
    Got my tonsils out and I can't drink anything cold. The only think I can get down is coffee and mashed potatoes and gravy from KFC. This has been the case for a week. I might be able to market this as some new age diet. Steady diet of coffee combined with scabs all over the back of my throat makes for some great morning breath. I don't know how my wife resists my charms lately.
    My bitchfest bitch: when it's hot out my uvula hangs on my tongue. My tonsils are perpetually swollen and huge also. I could be a world class athlete if I had less flesh restricting my oxygen intake (or so I tell myself).

Houston, how much did it suck? I've heard horror stories about getting it done as an adult. Any jaw issues?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

fugging grass cuttin. fuggit.

knocked the fields down after major surgery on bushhog had slowed progress. (R&R the gearbox)

then jumped on the mower to make some of the shortgrass a little shorter--yardlike even.

fuel tanks valve springs leak. hadda drain tank of the gas i just went and bought (glad i didn't fill it up) to find that ... appears to be non-serviceable, bullshit i just bought that tank (6 years ago) to replace the one stolen and now it's leakin' and i'll bet the original is in a ditch somewhere.

how is that valve attached is my current bidness on de web.

and nevermind about the sun/clouds playing tricks on me...it's not raining for once (looks around) right now anyway.
    yes,

TWP whatevs. whah whah whah

now to source that fuggin bushing. no dealer here.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I lost my keys.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've been in Florida for 5 days.

I can see why this is often said to be the least cycling friendly state. If some old person isn't trying to run me down, rednecks yelling out trucks aren't far behind.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Marley View Post
    I lost my keys.
    I lost my keys...to a house that we are trying to sell, from 700 miles away, with the realtor attempting to help us manage the tenants' move-out, repaint, etc.
    my name is Matt

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"Pain and suffering" is dealing with lawyers and insurance companies.
    Got some cash
    Bought some wheels
    Took it out
    'Cross the fields
    Lost Control
    Hit a wall
    But we're alright

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So there's evidently a new framebuilder in Tulsa. I don't know the guy, he's not a local so no one really knows him. He took a 6 week course and had the teacher come down and set up his shop for him. I'm sure none of that was cheap. He's set up in a retail space, the same industrial complex as my graphics guy, so I know what that shop is costing him. My graphics guy says he's never there, so evidently not building many frames, as you'd expect from an unknown newbie. Google him and two fifths of fuck all comes up.
    So what chaps my ass is that this guy spends a shit ton of cash, either saved, borrowed or I hope not his wife's money on this pipe dream he's obviously not researched. A respected member of the framebuilding community takes his money, holds his hand and lets him think he's gonna pay for all that shit building frames. I hate to think how long he's gonna suck money into it before he gives up brokenhearted. I feel bad for him already.
    I really hope it isn't what it looks like from the outside, but what it looks like is bullshit.
    Eric Doswell, aka Edoz
    Summoner of Crickets
    http://edozbicycles.wordpress.com/
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/edozbicycles/
    In Before the Lock

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by edoz View Post
    So there's evidently a new framebuilder in Tulsa. I don't know the guy, he's not a local so no one really knows him. He took a 6 week course and had the teacher come down and set up his shop for him. I'm sure none of that was cheap. He's set up in a retail space, the same industrial complex as my graphics guy, so I know what that shop is costing him. My graphics guy says he's never there, so evidently not building many frames, as you'd expect from an unknown newbie. Google him and two fifths of fuck all comes up.
    So what chaps my ass is that this guy spends a shit ton of cash, either saved, borrowed or I hope not his wife's money on this pipe dream he's obviously not researched. A respected member of the framebuilding community takes his money, holds his hand and lets him think he's gonna pay for all that shit building frames. I hate to think how long he's gonna suck money into it before he gives up brokenhearted. I feel bad for him already.
    I really hope it isn't what it looks like from the outside, but what it looks like is bullshit.
    Sounds just like the puppy mill flight schools. 99% of those who invest money never make money off it. I've been fortunate. Most aren't. Substitute a bunch of your words for flight school/aviation words and there's a parallel universe.
    La Cheeserie!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Saab2000 View Post
    Sounds just like the puppy mill flight schools. 99% of those who invest money never make money off it. I've been fortunate. Most aren't. Substitute a bunch of your words for flight school/aviation words and there's a parallel universe.
    I work in the aviation industry (FAA/regulations) and this is what popped into my mind reading your post: Silver State Helicopters - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia. MANY thousands of dollars for nothing.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sounds like ITT Tech as well.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[insert your non-APA accredited psychology program here as well].....

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Read the article...

YUP.

I'm not sure my experience was the same in Switzerland but it was a puppy mill too. Things are a bit different there though with the legalities of failed businesses. But from Day 1 to flying for a paycheck I'd say we had about a 95% washout rate.... There are some differences. Airline careers do exist and the regulatory hurdles of the FAA and JAA are very high. But there are strong parallels.

Probably not so dissimilar to the world of learning to weld or braze and putting food on the table building bikes.
    La Cheeserie!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chasea View Post
    "Pain and suffering" is dealing with lawyers and insurance companies.
    I am about to head down this path for the 3rd time in 2 years. Another NYC garage just banged up my car....again.

The conversation went like this after they brought out my car today:

Me: You dented my car in the garage today.
    Them: No, It came in like this.
    Me: No, the car was fine when I dropped it off and I have not complained in the 8 months I have been parking here even though you have caused other smaller issues.
    Them: It no happen here, not our fault.
    Me: Yes it did. You see that light blue and white paint on my dark blue car that match the paint from your garage walls?
    Them: Not our fault.
    Me: Do you see how the paint on the wall matches the exact height of where the paint is now on my dented car?
    Them: Not our fault.
    Me: Yes, your fault because you drove the car into the wall and dented it.
    Them: Not us, no report.
    Me: Yes you, Yes Police, Yes Report, Yes pictures, Yes lawyers, Yes your insurance is going to pay for it.
    Them: Get out, you trouble.

F-ckers!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Britishbane View Post
    I work in the aviation industry (FAA/regulations) and this is what popped into my mind reading your post: Silver State Helicopters - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia. MANY thousands of dollars for nothing.
    Spartan School of Aeronautics in Tulsa talks kids into paying big money for mechanic training, and they end up making $12/hr right next to a guy who got hired off the street and trained to make $11.50.
    Eric Doswell, aka Edoz
    Summoner of Crickets
    http://edozbicycles.wordpress.com/
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/edozbicycles/
    In Before the Lock

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Save your money in case there is anything in his shop you may want some day. It's opportunity man, opportunity.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Spartan School of Aeronautics in Tulsa talks kids into paying big money for mechanic training, and they end up making $12/hr right next to a guy who got hired off the street and trained to make $11.50.
    All the same, an A&P certificate is a worthy education. There is demand and there are many opportunities. And my airline will only hire certified A&Ps. And according to a mechanic I had on my jumpseat a couple years ago, we have more overtime available than a person could work. We have mechanics who make more than pilots by a not small margin.

There is pride in being an A&P. If you can put up with the bullshit of the airline world (unions and management) there are good careers for smart folks.
    La Cheeserie!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Saab2000 View Post
    We have mechanics who make more than pilots by a not small margin.
    I sat through an investment banking presentation a few months ago. The owner of a small outfit wanting to raise funds referred to pilots as overhead and mechanics as revenue. That cracked us up.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan View Post
    I sat through an investment banking presentation a few months ago. The owner of a small outfit wanting to raise funds referred to pilots as overhead and mechanics as revenue. That cracked us up.
    Well, pilots are a huge pain in the ass. Mechanics have regulations that are more often set in stone. Pilot regulations are 'gray'. Mechanic regulations are normally black and white.

Airplanes don't don't fly without owners who own the airplanes and pilots who fly them. And they're almost never the same. And they're almost always at odds. Unfortunately. They need each other and should try to work together instead of against each other.

I'll try to do a couple situps and pushups tonight.....
    La Cheeserie!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sex supply < sex demand. F me. Literally. Pleeeeease. No, not you. You know what I mean.

Middletown, Orange County, New York, United States
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My legs are shit this week