User Tag List

Page 83 of 362 FirstFirst ... 737475767778798081828384858687888990919293 ... LastLast
Results 1,641 to 1,660 of 7224

Thread: Get Your Grump on Thursdays - Was (What's chapping my @ss today?)

Middletown, Orange County, New York, United States
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Get Your Grump on Thursdays - Was (What's chapping my @ss today?)

Quote Originally Posted by zetroc View Post
    The price of original '56 beetle fenders. Everyone with a dented piece of shit from the right era thinks they're gonna put their kid through college with it. grump grump.
    pics? I'm a vw nut.......working on a 2180 for my toy
    Attachment 55671

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For zetroc - what's up with the cops on the island?

A moto cop just yelled at an 11 year old girl riding her bike walking speed through a crosswalk.
    His exact words: "Walk your bike, especially on the sidewalk... you a**hole."

The girl was already off and blushing when he delivered that last bit. Note to cop: you are on a megaphone - everyone can here you mumble. Perhaps even your Captain.
    "Old and standing in the way of progress"

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dealing with people at the shop who can't make up their minds. I lay out a quote for fixing their clapped out hybrid that they obviously store in a pile of rock salt and wait for them as they run what must be a complex mental calculus on the repair. Minutes pass. Smoke comes out of their ears and their eyes begin to cross. I ask them what they'll approve. They then tell me to do partial repairs that won't make the bike work.

All things considered, not a huge deal. Crashed on the trail this week and have an injury that I am perversely pleased by, in its manageability.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What really chaps my ass is how the female mind translates "best guy I've ever dated" into "I can't be with you". AYFKM?
    Eric Doswell, aka Edoz
    Summoner of Crickets
    http://edozbicycles.wordpress.com/
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/edozbicycles/
    In Before the Lock

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jitahs View Post
    For zetroc - what's up with the cops on the island?

A moto cop just yelled at an 11 year old girl riding her bike walking speed through a crosswalk.
    His exact words: "Walk your bike, especially on the sidewalk... you a**hole."

The girl was already off and blushing when he delivered that last bit. Note to cop: you are on a megaphone - everyone can here you mumble. Perhaps even your Captain.
    They're just bored, and the ones on motos are always dicks.
    steve cortez

FNG

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by edoz View Post
    What really chaps my ass is how the female mind translates "best guy I've ever dated" into "I can't be with you". AYFKM?
    has you read the mars/venus book? we can never understand their thinking-just deal with it (with the help of books like that). that and some chicks just can't handle genuine nice guys (for whatever psychological underpinnings).

there's more where that one came from, sucks. carry on.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have a 17 year old 4th hand cat. She is a low quality animal and I empathize with the three other people who got rid of her. She pisses on everything, including any tools left on the garage floor. When I park in the driveway, she pisses on my car tires. Somehow my immediate family and I still love her. Unfortunately, she is fading and getting weak. I think it is getting close to the time to put her down. It feels like whacking a family member.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by WadePatton View Post
    has you read the mars/venus book? we can never understand their thinking-just deal with it (with the help of books like that). that and some chicks just can't handle genuine nice guys (for whatever psychological underpinnings).

there's more where that one came from, sucks. carry on.
    Yeah I read it, can't say that I remember much of it.
    The up side is that I think we'll stay friends, and that actually worked out very well with my last girlfriend. Maybe I'll cry on this girl's shoulder over my next breakup.
    Eric Doswell, aka Edoz
    Summoner of Crickets
    http://edozbicycles.wordpress.com/
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/edozbicycles/
    In Before the Lock

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by edoz View Post
    The up side is that I think we'll stay friends, and that actually worked out very well with my last girlfriend. Maybe I'll cry on this girl's shoulder over my next breakup.
    Good lord.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by WadePatton View Post
    mail carrier always (for 10 years) runs between 2-3 sometimes as late as 4.

one day service to GF's house (50 miles away).

SO i stagger in from my ride in the heat yesterday around 1...

fumbling around for rehydrations and food and A/C i hear ZOOOM!

guess who blows by here a full hour early? So i hadda crawl up in the truck and drag my ass to the PO, so that GF's b-day card and such is delivered proper.
    That card should be delivered in person - by bike - with flowers hand-picked along the way.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's friday girls. XXOOO
    Great grumps btw.
    See you next week.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This happened a year ago, but it still ticks me off: Woman arrested for burning down 3,500-year-old tree | Grist

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ericpmoss View Post
    This happened a year ago, but it still ticks me off: Woman arrested for burning down 3,500-year-old tree | Grist
    You are on timeout EricPMoss. Drop for 20.
    See you THURSDAY.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I will start....hit by car in Cambridge yesterday on my commute, bike seems to be OK, some road rash and bruising and damage to clothing, helmet and gloves. What really sucks is my confidence riding in close city traffic is down but then again maybe it will keep me more alert. Ride to work from the scene of the accident and then again to home was interesting. I am going for a long ride after work today on some quieter roads to clear my head.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Chase Anderson. That cat is still healing. WTF dewd? Hurry up and get well so I can bust your nuts.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Too Tall View Post
    Chase Anderson. That cat is still healing. WTF dewd? Hurry up and get well so I can bust your nuts.
    tt, when is the "statute of niceness" up on chasea?
    been a long time now. i thk he owes me some $$.
    wanna bust his balls online.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SteveP View Post
    tt, when is the "statute of niceness" up on chasea?
    been a long time now. i thk he owes me some $$.
    wanna bust his balls online.
    I just did 20 pushups for you.
    The gloves are off. That mid-sized pimp is eating cheese doodles while we do the heavy lifting.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Did a 90-minute session of Ultimate Frisbee with the youth tri team on Monday... I'm still sore. Damn kids.

Wife hits me with the idea to replace my car ('01 Ford Escape, 4-cyl 5-speed manual) with an automatic... Why? So her mom has something to drive while she's here in August. What's her choice to replace it with? A Plymouth Grand Voyager with 165K miles on it. I don't think so...
    DT

http://www.mjolnircycles.com/

Some are born to move the world to live their fantasies...

"the fun outweighs the suck, and the suck hasn't killed me yet." -- chasea

"Sometimes, as good as it feels to speak out, silence is the only way to rise above the morass. The high road is generally a quiet route." -- echelon_john

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Bruins are playing an actual team.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Have your wife tested for drugs.

Quote Originally Posted by David Tollefson View Post
    Did a 90-minute session of Ultimate Frisbee with the youth tri team on Monday... I'm still sore. Damn kids.

Wife hits me with the idea to replace my car ('01 Ford Escape, 4-cyl 5-speed manual) with an automatic... Why? So her mom has something to drive while she's here in August. What's her choice to replace it with? A Plymouth Grand Voyager with 165K miles on it. I don't think so...