Dear Guest, Please register or login. Content don't create itself! Thank you

User Tag List

Page 81 of 136 FirstFirst ... 717273747576777879808182838485868788899091 ... LastLast
Results 1,601 to 1,620 of 2706

Thread: Grumps can suck it, it's Friday!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Grumps can suck it, it's Friday!

My daughter won the bike to school day poster contest for Michigan this year. Clearly I need to take her on a mountain climb bike trip!

Bike to School Day - SR2S

Emily ACES Poster.jpg

She will get a new bike presented to her at the school's end of year assembly (which we will probably donate locally, but still cool)

-Ryan (proud dad)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My problem of having a 20 speed bike with 10 speeds appears to have been resolved. Want to welcome the 23-21-19-17 and 15t sprockets back to the party.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 72gmc View Post
    Pickup truck parked backward? Lawn chairs in the bed? This is a good way to spend a summer night.
    You must be looking right at us ;)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Did some good on-my-feet lawyering today. Won on a preliminary issue and then settled it for nuisance value. Small case but a good win.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My 17 week pregnant wife is home safe and sound after having her appendix removed yesterday. The baby is safe and were are super thankful.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Friday Recovery Ride:

IMG_1104.jpg
    elysian
    Tom Tolhurst

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm a little late getting going this year, new job, blah blah blah. She comes home tmmrw. Weather looks good: wind waves sun - beer and some fun crew. Can not wait.
    IMG_7682.jpgIMG_7711.jpgIMG_6393.jpgIMG_7741.jpgIMG_7735.jpgIMG_6145.jpg
    you're not the lord of the flies

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs down Re: Grumps can suck it, it's Friday!

Selling a house in the greater Boston market.

I was going to grump the other day about the flip side of buying in this market but we scored a larger house/yard backing up to woods, in-ground pool, detached two car over sized garage with a second floor. Commute will be longer but the boys and wife are thrilled. Plus I am only a 10 min ride to my favorite trails which is very close to my favorite riding partner - my younger brother.

I will be grumping later in the summer about the all the yard work and pool maintenance.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mrs. RW and I are headed North tomorrow afternoon to join our daughter's graduation festivities which take place all weekend and reach their finale on Monday morning. We have a really busy and exciting agenda in front of us which includes family picnics, musical performances and award ceremonies and we get to meet her roommate's (since freshman year) parents, who are making their first trip to the US from Pakistan. Excitement is truly an understatement, which I am sure all of you college parents understand so well. Countless great memories and experiences and the knowledge that our daughter made the most of her four years at Oberlin, as looking back, it was the right fit for her which is so important. Hopefully my sunglasses mask the red eyes and the tears as I am sure that I will be a proper mess.

Go Yeo!
    rw saunders
    hey, how lucky can one man get.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

rw,

Good friends are at their 30th reunion at Oberlin right now. Watch out for them, OK? And congrats!
    GO!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ David...one of my daughter's friends Katie is an RA and many of the alumni are staying in the dorms due to there being limited hotel space in town. Katie told me today that on the floor that she is responsible for, the alumni are far worse than any of the students that she's dealt with over the past four years, in terms of partying hardy and living the college life. That is a compliment that you can share with your friends for sure!
    rw saunders

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rwsaunders View Post
    ^ David...one of my daughter's friends Katie is an RA and many of the alumni are staying in the dorms due to there being limited hotel space in town. Katie told me today that on the floor that she is responsible for, the alumni are far worse than any of the students that she's dealt with over the past four years, in terms of partying hardy and living the college life. That is a compliment that you can share with your friends for sure!
    Similar situation at my daughter's graduation last weekend - various reunion years stayed in various houses scattered around campus. And the women partied. The nice thing is that they invited the soon-to-be grads to join the parties... One of my daughter's friends told me, "They're older, so they have really good alcohol! Plus they all wanted to be my Facebook friends!"

You may have seen these folks:

or.jpg
    GO!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^...David, send your friends this image and when they ask you how you got it, tell them that you have your ways. I just happened to be headed back to my daughter's house yesterday afternoon when I saw the sign on one of the dorm entrances...small, small world for sure. Thought that you could have fun with it.
    rw saunders

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Son took his first ride on the bike without training wheels. He did it like a champ!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Geez, this is like the one completely emotionally acceptable scenario for your trademark filter. Bike related even, hoooo.

Beer still tastes good and I'm quite happy to leave it on that note for the next six months. Five hours into a 101% humidity day the last thing I need is my pores to open the taps on hops distilled into ammonia. Which is why there is a Lagunitas at my right hand and 3 restful rainy days ahead before things get serious.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

First commute in a while, rain and schedule have not helped. It was gorgeous! 65 deg, sunny, not too humid. And the office is closing early for drinks to celebrate my 15 years and another employees 10 years with the company.

Have a great weekend folks.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Flying the fuck home....

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by joosttx View Post
    Flying the fuck home....
    I did that this morning, after laying my head on pillows in way too many cities these last 2 weeks.
    No travel next week, and a BBQ with some old college buddies tomorrow= good times.
    my name is Matt

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm 20 hours into fatherhood and can't imagine being more in love. Sounds cliché but it's the truth.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So this starts with a grump... there are many small furry creatures in my back yard and they like to eat things. Things like my cone flower plants, my petunias, my tomatoes and even one of my rose bushes. Not to mention the begonias and the geraniums. After that Critter Ridder stuff turned out to be useless, I found crystallized fox pee on the internet. It worked great... until somebody asked around and nobody knew anybody that had been eaten by a fox. There's too many for something like a Havahart trap. Imagine that scene in the movie Zulu where they all start coming over the hill. I'm thinking that my best alternative is 22 shorts out the office window, but in town people might talk.

It all changed this morning when I was meditating out the kitchen window waiting for the coffee and the answer walked through my back yard. This weekend I'm getting me about a half a dozen catnip plants. That'll fix the little bastards.