User Tag List

Page 81 of 362 FirstFirst ... 717273747576777879808182838485868788899091 ... LastLast
Results 1,601 to 1,620 of 7224

Thread: Get Your Grump on Thursdays - Was (What's chapping my @ss today?)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Get Your Grump on Thursdays - Was (What's chapping my @ss today?)

This is less of a grump and probably more of a Post Secret:

I sit in an office and generate $ via the interwebs for the company. I generally like my chosen field and I've been able to work on some cool projects over the years, but when I see FNL and the other artisans on here, I wish I produced something tangible with my own hands.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by WayneJ View Post
    Made a wrong turn on a new 2-hour route to work today - turned my ride into 2:30 and got to work late (later than my normal late).

Actually this should be the anti-grump thread - I feel awesome. Every day should start like this.
    Wayne just made me grumpy. I was up way too late last night (picking up a friend w/a dying mother at Logan, not watching the Bruins) and therefore slept through this morning's ride window.
    GO!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I'm 43 years old and woke up to a zit on the side of my nose the size of a marble. Fuck this shit.

Oh, and this is the week in VT where the no-see-ums come right through the screens at night and feast on flesh while you're trying to get your beauty sleep so you don't get pimples.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by spopepro View Post
    I can't do pushups either.

Got doored in Jan. The broken clavicle is healed, but shoulder appears to still be jacked. I see the orthopedic surgeon Monday. This is looking like the 4th consecutive season I'll be sidelined by injury. 3 of which were due to getting hit by cars.
    My clavicle break was compounded by an undiagnosed separated shoulder, could be that. Worthless ortho.

Almost run down yesterday:

"Hey lady you just blew that stop sign."
    "I'm sorry I didn't see you dude fuck you."

?

For the trifecta: 79% of sf bike lanes reside snuggly in the door zone, the other 21% is in the white box van extended side view mirror make you a vegetable zone.
    "Old and standing in the way of progress"

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When people say "a bicycle build for two" instead of tandem.

I'm joking, that phrase is adorable.

Pushing up.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Actual grump: I can't get mad when you pull shit like this.

Quote Originally Posted by chasea View Post
    Its not quite Thursday.

I can't do push ups.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chasea View Post
    Open it. Put everything in the return envelope provided. Send it all back to them blank.

They have to pay the postage for that.
    In college we used credit card applications to get rid of small bits of trash that should probably have gone in the garbage disposal. My favorite was the skin off some smoked salmon.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Flight was delayed for 2 hours. Oh and everything about EWR blows ass. Been on the train to rental car facility for 20 min. Keep going from terminal to terminal. What the fuck!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This time of year my need to travel slows down, which is great, no grump, also increases my ability to ride to work, no grump there either. Riding in this morning was effing beautiful, not much wind, cool enough I didn't get sweaty, no grump still. The majority of the ride is MUT, ride past a highschool always a ton of kids running at 7:30 with whatever sport they're working on, no grump, they're polite as can be. About 6 blocks from the office have to ride in the street, 25 mph, not bad, lots of stop and go so I feel fairly safe, again no grump. The only part of today that pissed me off is the other dickhead cyclist that rides in the street until he gets to the stop lights, then pulls onto curb, rides through crosswalk against the signal, essentially running a red light and back into the street. In doing so he gains no advantage and I watch him do so at more than one intersection. I hope those of us that follow the rules of the road get credit for it and aren't lumped in with the other asshats, but I know the answer...

As you were.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

group rides that start from a busy section of the city at 6pm and clog the road with "losers in spandex," causing drivers to hate the rest of us that much more for making them 3 minutes later than usual to get home on wednesday evenings. if you wanna train hard, in a big group, do it when the roads are not already congested.

* yes GLV, i'm referring to your stupid wednesday night group ride

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Folks that are late for appointments. Sitting here waiting for an engineer who said he'd be here 30 min ago. If you can't make the meeting, call please.
    __________________________________________________ __________________

brian f.
    park city, ut

just another dork on a bike

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Neighbor's tree dropped a couple of massive branches on the car yesterday. It's OK, because today I got to ride my new Rock Lobster.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just to burst some bubbles: the post office throws away those commercial return envelopes when it's obvious there's heavy items in them besides just the form they're expecting. They don't pay for that.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

That's the beauty of salmon skin. Light 'n stinky like Michael Rasmussen's fahts.

Quote Originally Posted by -HvA- View Post
    Just to burst some bubbles: the post office throws away those commercial return envelopes when it's obvious there's heavy items in them besides just the form they're expecting. They don't pay for that.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My dogs would be really mad if you threw away good salmon skin.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

(didn't read further before posting)

...... 18 19 20.

"Even my farts smell like steel!" - Diel

"Make something with your hands. Not with your money." - Dario

Sean Doyle

www.devlincc.com

https://www.instagram.com/devlincustomcycles/

https://www.flickr.com/photos/139142779@N05/

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sick dogs.

Both made visits to the vet today. Our old guy has been gimpy this week and acting like he is in some pain. Turns out he has some arthritis in the spine and hips. And an enlarged spleen. Pills and injections. Our younger guy has popped up with a heart murmur. He also has a flea allergy, yeast infection and a bit of mange - which would explain why his coat has remained a little nasty despite efforts to calm down his itching. Both need some tlc to get them feeling better. They are good boys.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The increasing lack of civility in American society. The decreasing level of hope of a better future from todays youth.

Things seemed waaaaay better in the '70s.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by maunahaole View Post
    My dogs would be really mad if you threw away good salmon skin.
    So would my 3 year old.

Meanwhile, grump: saddle sore.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My junk Yahoo account has 8,508 unread messages, none from anyone I know.