User Tag List

Page 79 of 362 FirstFirst ... 697071727374757677787980818283848586878889 ... LastLast
Results 1,561 to 1,580 of 7224

Thread: Get Your Grump on Thursdays - Was (What's chapping my @ss today?)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Default Re: Get Your Grump on Thursdays - Was (What's chapping my @ss today?)

Or a Coke.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan View Post
    Guy, you need a beer.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by echelon_john View Post
    Or a Coke.
    I need the coke, he needs the beer. He's local. Maybe we will trade.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A year until Ballers 2014. And reading all the reports from Ballers '13. Still grumptastic that I had to miss it.
    Andrew Kimball
    Decatur, GA

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cortisone shot in my hip a week ago Monday. Rode for the first time yesterday. Agonizing pain every revolution for the first 4 miles. Went to a continuous dull ache for the rest of the ride after that. Needless to say, the shot didn't work. Trying to decide how long I can live with the pain or let them get the power tools out.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I need the coke, he needs the beer. He's local. Maybe we will trade.
    Sounds like a good idea. I could use a beer. And for you, I have some real Mexican coke in the fridge...
    The mountains are calling and I must go.

- John Muir

The name is Guy Fazzio

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by liv2bike View Post
    Sounds like a good idea. I could use a beer. And for you, I have some real Mexican coke in the fridge...
    Nah, I can't jinx the three weeks. Ill have the beer in the fridge.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Finally had to admit defeat and bump the prednisone back to 40mg to get the colitis under control again. Start the taper all over... Last time it took me a good year to get off pred. Hopefully it doesn't take that long this time.

Rain... I'm a desert dweller at heart, I think. But I live in the PacNW. Something's not right here.

Last night my wife and I were talking about wills and such. And guardianship of our coming daughter, should something happen to both of us... Not that the discussion was bad, but the choices in the family...
    DT

http://www.mjolnircycles.com/

Some are born to move the world to live their fantasies...

"the fun outweighs the suck, and the suck hasn't killed me yet." -- chasea

"Sometimes, as good as it feels to speak out, silence is the only way to rise above the morass. The high road is generally a quiet route." -- echelon_john

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nah, I can't jinx the three weeks. Ill have the beer in the fridge.
    You're a strong man. If I did needles, the two tattoos I'd get would be the TN state flag and the Coca-Cola logo.
    Got some cash
    Bought some wheels
    Took it out
    'Cross the fields
    Lost Control
    Hit a wall
    But we're alright

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

still prius drivers. i watched one of them ram into the back of a pickup truck this morning while they were both stopped, waiting to make a left turn. obviously the prius was a lot worse off. everyday, without fail, i see an idiot move from a prius driver.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

people who show up to the group ride with their back pussy hanging out. i get it, you don't like bibs, but wear an undershirt or hike your shorts up or something so the rest of us don't have to see that disgusting patch of hair on your lower back. there are two of them every time at the tues/thurs crack of dawn ride.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by roseyscot View Post
    still prius drivers. i watched one of them ram into the back of a pickup truck this morning while they were both stopped, waiting to make a left turn. obviously the prius was a lot worse off. everyday, without fail, i see an idiot move from a prius driver.
    It's okay, they'll have a federal requirement for distance sensors for the front soon enough, so the moron drivers won't have to look backing up or going forward.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

The incorrect spelling of Gauloises in the description subhead under the Pro-Bicycle Tech section gets my goat.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A bungalow a few blocks down my street went on the market for $499k. It sold for $750k. My window for possible home ownership has recently slammed shut.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gas powered leaf blowers. They create incredible amounts of noise to perform the task of blowing cut grass and some leaves around. When not at work I like serenity, not gas powered leaf blowers. My job is noisy. I don't like it when I'm at home.
    La Cheeserie!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by roseyscot View Post
    people who show up to the group ride with their back pussy hanging out. i get it, you don't like bibs, but wear an undershirt or hike your shorts up or something so the rest of us don't have to see that disgusting patch of hair on your lower back. there are two of them every time at the tues/thurs crack of dawn ride.
    Minor grump. This ^^^ put a horrible image in my mind. I also got caught laughing out loud in a meeting.

Major grump. Buying a house is proving to be incredibly impossible and expensive with appraisals and inspections. A couple grand spent without even being sure I'll get the house. There are so many better uses of that money.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bcm119 View Post
    A bungalow a few blocks down my street went on the market for $499k. It sold for $750k. My window for possible home ownership has recently slammed shut.
    I've resigned myself to saving up and trying to buy in 4-6 years when the next dip happens. Alameda is impossible to buy in right now - ferries to SSF and SF have resulted in Genentech, Zynga, Twitter, etc employees buying here, and since the software companies all have VC backing they're spending like mad on payroll, so the employees don't give a fig about housing prices and that's pushing guys like me out of the market. Even 3 years ago you could get a 2/1 craftsman in need of work for 150k, now that same house is 350 and will likely go for 400.

grump: see above
    steve cortez

FNG

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Saab2000 View Post
    Gas powered leaf blowers. They create incredible amounts of noise to perform the task of blowing cut grass and some leaves around. When not at work I like serenity, not gas powered leaf blowers. My job is noisy. I don't like it when I'm at home.
    Follow-on grump -- people who blow their shit into the road, instead of actually raking it up and putting it in the friggin' yard waste bin.
    DT

http://www.mjolnircycles.com/

Some are born to move the world to live their fantasies...

"the fun outweighs the suck, and the suck hasn't killed me yet." -- chasea

"Sometimes, as good as it feels to speak out, silence is the only way to rise above the morass. The high road is generally a quiet route." -- echelon_john

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey, guys looking and grumping about housing (like I am). Interesting read:

'Smart Money' Exiting The Housing Trade - Business Insider

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dear Boss's Boss,

Dude, if you wanna assert your dominance I'd rather you try to hump me the way dogs do instead of making waste 2 hours (unpaid) for travel for a bullshit, 10 minute meeting.
    elysian
    Tom Tolhurst

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by burgess1108 View Post
    Hey, guys looking and grumping about housing (like I am). Interesting read:

'Smart Money' Exiting The Housing Trade - Business Insider
    Interesting read indeed, unfortunately there's a lot of dumb money in it right now. I'm talking about the return of stuff like "Flip That House" etc. It's all speculators at the moment.