User Tag List

Page 78 of 362 FirstFirst ... 686970717273747576777879808182838485868788 ... LastLast
Results 1,541 to 1,560 of 7224

Thread: Get Your Grump on Thursdays - Was (What's chapping my @ss today?)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Get Your Grump on Thursdays - Was (What's chapping my @ss today?)

Being a Rube, Rube with a freaking capital "R". Last week's grump where the vendor was annoying the hell out of me? The last reply from them was that it would be really, really hard to fix the problem in the product so I should convert to the Windows based product - the one they've been telling everybody to convert away from for three years now - until I can upgrade to the new version. New version available September 2013. New version comes with new version of OS that hosts the systems that run the core of the business. Yeah, I'll rush right into that - version upgrade is waaayyy bigger than release upgrade. Let somebody else get blisters all over their hands. Shucks, in the release of the tool we're getting ready to roll with the last OS release before the version upgrade I can't add users and get any user role assigned, it ignores everything. Guess what... vendor recreates the problem back in their shop. You mean nobody noticed before me? Current release is supported... maybe I tell them it's really, really hard to keep signing those maintenance checks.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh yeah, the follow-on grump. Converting doesn't convert everything. Lots of re-work. I like re-work. Yeah, I sure do.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Shoulder blade pain... I've felt like I have an ice pick stuck in my back, just inside the right shoulder blade, since Saturday. Feels fine when I run or swim. Riding is "okay". Using the computer hurts big time. Can't sleep in my normal positions...

Colitis sucks. Or blows, depending. Can't trust a fart. 30-seconds from urge to uncontrollable intestinal blow-out. Living close to the bathroom... When my wife pitched the idea of going to dinner and a movie tonight, my first reaction was fear -- can I make it that long without a sprint to the bathroom?

And finally, cold lakes. Last night I did an open water swim with the kids triathlon team. Damn kids stayed in that lake, happily swimming around, in and out doing starts, and were just fine. I was frigid. Even in a wetsuit, neoprene cap and boots. Getting out of the water, uncontrollable shivers in 5 minutes. Youth is wasted on the young.
    DT

http://www.mjolnircycles.com/

Some are born to move the world to live their fantasies...

"the fun outweighs the suck, and the suck hasn't killed me yet." -- chasea

"Sometimes, as good as it feels to speak out, silence is the only way to rise above the morass. The high road is generally a quiet route." -- echelon_john

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Been away working a conference all week. 15 hour days on my feet, extremely late dinners, convention food (think bacon wrapped hotdogs and mushy fish tacos...all in one meal), and getting completely backed up on regular work. And my wife is back home dealing with everything for the house we're trying to purchase and I can't do anything to help. And the cherry on top is I'm in Anaheim, the weather has been great, and this is my weekday ride report...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by David Tollefson View Post

Colitis sucks.
    I hear you.

I waited too many years until I got my guts cut out.
    It was a rough couple of weeks in hospital after the surgery, but I'd do it again tomorrow.

My grump: my belly button isn't in the middle anymore.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Saturday the Furncae/AC/Heat pump went down. It is or has been effing hot in the house and I am looking at so many thousands of dollars in replacment.

Both bikes being sold.

My ass is beyond chapped.
    Dave Bradley...not the grumpy old Hogwarts caretaker "Mr. Filch" or the star of American Ninja 3 and 4.

formerly "Mr.President"

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

prius drivers

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My fucking retarded landlord is always late on paying his bills, just got the 4th or 5th water disconnection notice since I moved here last summer. I wish they would cut us off already so I could have a reason to break my lease.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've been in Colorado Springs almost a week and have not been able to ride once. I'm staying five minutes from the Air Force Academy. It's driving me nuts.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

My car got hit, likely by a drunk q-tip, outside a restaurant in town. No note; he/she probably didn't even notice.

Spent the morning today waiting for the insurance adjuster, who arrived promptly at 1:30 (right in the middle of the promised "8:30 am to 11:30 am" window. not.)

Now waiting for the next wave of thunderstorms to come through.

Baseline mental state has a lot to do with how problems are perceived. This week every ice cube threatens to sink the Titanic.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We are having perfect weather during the few days of vacation I'm going to get to take this summer and I'm sick as a dog. Instead of 15 hours on the bike it's going to be zero.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cargo pants. Military/EMT/etc excluded.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: What's chapping my @ss today?

Through much fault of my own, it looks likely that my new frame won't be built up before the weekend. And with the wife gone on a 10 day business trip slash visit to her home country, I had no plans for those three days other than to ride the snot outta the bike with different wheels/tires on it.

Looks like it'll be a few rides spinning out in the 42T on the cross bike, and lots more staring contests with the dog.

(Please don't cry too hard for me. I'll get by.)
    my name is Matt

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fuck. A year until Ballers 2014.

Dropping for 20 now.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Midterm today in Statistics, an algebra based course that will have no use for me as a nurse. A real PIA. Thank goodness for school tutors.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Three weeks without a coke and the urge to kill the next stupid person that crosses my path is alive and well.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Babies have been up about every two hours tonight (last night)......... Wife is out of town on business. I imagine I will be grumpy about something today.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lazy work mates. I have enough to do. I dislike slackers and laziness in general. When a client wants things done a certain way and I discover they were not done that way, I lose my patience.
    The mountains are calling and I must go.

- John Muir

The name is Guy Fazzio

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

and something else...when I get back in my company truck, I find it trashed. Drove it to a car wash straight away and had it detailed. No excuse for that crap.
    The mountains are calling and I must go.

- John Muir

The name is Guy Fazzio

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by liv2bike View Post
    and something else...when I get back in my company truck, I find it trashed. Drove it to a car wash straight away and had it detailed. No excuse for that crap.
    Guy, you need a beer.