User Tag List

Page 77 of 362 FirstFirst ... 676869707172737475767778798081828384858687 ... LastLast
Results 1,521 to 1,540 of 7224

Thread: Get Your Grump on Thursdays - Was (What's chapping my @ss today?)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Get Your Grump on Thursdays - Was (What's chapping my @ss today?)

Quote Originally Posted by zetroc View Post
    edit: this seems to take several trends (woodworking, buying locally made goods, handmade wool objects, coffee drinking) to their illogical conclusions.
    I predict huge success. Disappointed it doesn't have a bird on it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ok. This could just as easily be an SNL skit. If it came on SNL, i wouldn't blink. wtf is going on out there?
    Quote Originally Posted by robin3mj View Post
    This: The Portland Press | Crowd Supply
    I'm all in favor of the little guy trying to do something better, but this just seems to be a bridge too twee.

Also- we had frost on Sunday and it touched 90F on Tuesday. No Spring for you! Come back, one year.
    you're not the lord of the flies

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chancerider View Post
    The one I see everywhere; "Loose" for "Lose" WTF?????
    I'm loosing my religion!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not a grammar nazi by inclination, but it does chap my ass that seeing so much badly written nonsense makes it look normal.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

so many smart people choosing to ride their bike instead of drive their car, yet they are too stupid to put a helmet on

drivers who get all worked up, honk their horn, and are generally miserable people because three cars ahead of them the driver stopped at a crosswalk for a pedestrian

drivers who just have to turn on the yellow/red, only to end up blocking the intersection for everyone else, including me on my bike

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's 6:00pm, I've got a deadline, so there's no chance of a ride because I slept in like a fat pig this morning, so now I gotta break out the rollers. F--k. F--k, f--k, f--k, f--k, f--k!

oh, and p.s. What the hell happened to tubular prices? Seems like two months ago, everything was 20 bucks cheaper.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GAAP View Post
    Folks that think 'spoken nonsense', no matter how nonsensical, is a valid response to a question or a request.

I'm in the movie theater the other night. Its I-Max 3-D, so it is like $17 per ticket. A dude one row lower and one seat to my left.........wait for it........answers a call and starts talking on his phone. I very politely ask that he stop talking on his phone or leave the theater. His response is 'Hey, I am just talking to my kid'. As if that somehow is a logical response. I ask again, his repsonse 'I have a right to talk to my kid'.

Just effing nonsense that in his mind made perfect sense as a response. It reminded me of a post here a few weeks ago when some idiot's response to his dog attcking a guy on a bike was 'dogs have rights too'.

My grump is that there isn't a term or prase yet coined to perfectly describe this behavior.
    ...and one from my wife. We attended a lecture this evening, and the woman in front of us spends the first 20 minutes busily texting. My darling finally says, "Excuse me, can you do that in the lobby?" The woman responds, "I have sick child at home!"

So many responses spring to mind. But all she said was, "It's very distracting." The inconsiderate asshole stopped.
    GO!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chancerider View Post
    The one I see everywhere; "Loose" for "Lose" WTF?????
    Quote Originally Posted by Sbti View Post
    I'm loosing my religion!
    It's just _one tick_ shy of "weight" for "weigh" of being the most prevalent "typographical"/"ignoramical" error of all fucking time.

daminent!

(a twang don't mean you got no brains)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by noteddy View Post
    utilize the right one.
    gotcha!!!

(your gonna hate it when you figger it out)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by EricKeller View Post
    I'm not a grammar nazi by inclination, but it does chap my ass that seeing so much badly written nonsense makes it look normal.
    See, that's my GD problem. "So much badly written nonsense" looking normal totally fucks me out of credit/appreciation/regurgitation (i respect your right to find my twists nauseating (if you catch 'em)) for well-spun puns and innuendo and shit like that.

damenint agin!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So it's Friday morning, but it happened Thur night so...

The people ask to change a ride from 830P to 900P, invite a lady friend along, and then 3 minutes into the trail can't hang on to the predetermined pace and disappear. Now we have to hang around and wait for your both to appear to ensure you know your way back... It's a late enough start as it is, have some gd common courtesy.
    Randy Larrison
    My amazing friends call me Shoogs.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Trying to kick caffeine. Stay the eff out of my way today.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'll lead with a non-grump: After a year of un- and under-employment, my partner got a job in her field!

Now for the grump: she has mandatory training in Columbia, MO from June 16-21, and our first wedding anniversary is on the 17th. Of course I'm going with her, I'd be a pretty selfish dude if I didn't. It does mean that I have to cancel the anniversary dinner at Gary Danko, though. (grump)

Everything has a silver lining, though: at least I get a week off work, I get to explore a new place by bike, and we'll be together on our first wedding anniversary. Kind of important.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Everybody owes me pushups. IT IS not Thursday.

See you next week.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: What's chapping my @ss today?

Today is pretty simple - humidity. I really despise summer, and today I'm kinda down knowing that it is right around the corner.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd like to see more threads about bikes and DarrenCT and fewer threads about how fucked up the world is. We've got it good even on our worst days. Kiss your spouse or partner and kids and/or dogs and cats and guinea pigs etc.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Infection. I've mentioned it in other threads, but this is the best place to let it all out. I've had a debilitating sinus infection more than two months. Cycle after cycle, antibiotics have only suppressed it, only to have it flare up again the minute I stop. Steroids have pushed me to pack on about 8 pounds -- but lack of exercise had eaten away at my muscle mass. It's been bad.

I finally rode my bike last weekend for the first time since early March. I felt great, felt I had turned a corner. Then I spent the last three mornings coughing up goo for an hour. Yesterday, my doc tells me that the infection may have moved to my lungs, so he started me on a 20-day cycle of Omnicef.

Being sick this long and this bad is spirit crushing.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My grump is the fact that I can't subsist on beer and coffee alone.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

pathletes, man. They're back. I'm glad today's forecast includes rain, which from what I can tell makes them melt.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

(1) Upstairs neighbor, or a houseguest, who thinks it's OK to exercise at midnight. Directly above our bedroom. She seems to be doing squat-thrusts or running in place. For about 30 minutes...

(2) Flat tire 2 miles from home this morning. Yuck.
    GO!