User Tag List

Page 76 of 353 FirstFirst ... 666768697071727374757677787980818283848586 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,520 of 7042

Thread: Automobiles

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Default Re: Automobiles

Quote Originally Posted by cp43 View Post
    My wife has a '68 Spitfire in pieces in our garage. I'm not sure how this comment makes me feel about our chances of getting it back together and running!

Chris
    What stopped me was our first baby on the way. Plus I got in to law school. Plus it was before the internet (which is what keeps my 19 year old daily driver on the road). I had it running and driving but couldn't figure out why it ran so much worse when warm (i.e. gas pouring out of both carbs) - Pretty sure now the problem was a bad coil.

That little car pulled like a train. I loved driving it. It was way too small for me even then. Spits are great fun too especially early ones. My buddy had a '70 that we drove up to Maine one summer.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Roman View Post
    Based on the numbers off that Zank you were selling, I'm gonna guess your legs and arms are going to be super cramped but you'll be able to see through the windshield without hunching over.
    "As an homage to the EPOdays of yore- I'd find the world's last remaining pair of 40cm ergonomic drop bars.....i think everyone who ever liked those handlebars in that shape and in that width is either dead of a drug overdose, works in the Schaerbeek mattress factory now and weighs 300 pounds or is Dr. Davey Bruylandts...who for all I know is doing both of those things." - Jerk

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Got the new-to-me 2006 330 CiC (ZHP) spiffed up after changing pretty much all the fluids and spark plugs. It's running well, but with a few ZHP quirks from the engine, mostly whining pulleys and belt, intake noises and an occasional clattering from the VANOS.

Nothing worth worrying about, and really pretty Imola Red exterior/Sand Beige interior after a full "home detailing".

P1010451.JPG

P1010447.JPG

P1010448.JPG

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lumpy View Post
    What stopped me was our first baby on the way. Plus I got in to law school. Plus it was before the internet (which is what keeps my 19 year old daily driver on the road). I had it running and driving but couldn't figure out why it ran so much worse when warm (i.e. gas pouring out of both carbs) - Pretty sure now the problem was a bad coil.

That little car pulled like a train. I loved driving it. It was way too small for me even then. Spits are great fun too especially early ones. My buddy had a '70 that we drove up to Maine one summer.
    I think it'll be worth the work/money in the end, but there have been many "We should have bought a Miata instead" moments.

I'm 6'3", the Spitfire wasn't designed with me in mind. There's no room to the left of the clutch for my foot, and there isn't enough room between the door and the steering wheel for my knee, so I can't put my foot flat on the floor either.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Warning: NPF*:

*Not Particularly Funny but really, kinda.
    "Old and standing in the way of progress"

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Actually it's hilarious. Not as hilarious and Ellen beating Tiger with a golf club, but funny none-the-less. The "Mafia" aspect of ZHP ownership is the funniest as are the haters who bash ZHP owners. WTF? To each his own and just enjoy it.

I got a good deal on a late production Imola red e46 with a 6-speed manual transmission. I intend to drive it for the sheer fun of driving a 'Vert, and I can have a kid or two ride in the back to and from soccer practice.

Now back to your regular programming.....

Quote Originally Posted by jitahs View Post
    Warning: NPF*:

*Not Particularly Funny but really, kinda.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Wisco View Post
    The "Mafia" aspect of ZHP ownership is the funniest as are the haters who bash ZHP owners.
    Those are the guys are running 2:06+ at Laguna Seca with Sabine Schmitz passing them on the outside in a Sprinter VAHN.
    "Old and standing in the way of progress"

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jitahs View Post
    Those are the guys are running 2:06+ at Laguna Seca with Sabine Schmitz passing them on the outside in a Sprinter VAHN.
    lbs owner has a Sprinter, swears to never own another type of vehicle. I can see him doing this.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nahtnoj View Post
    Based on the numbers off that Zank you were selling, I'm gonna guess your legs and arms are going to be super cramped but you'll be able to see through the windshield without hunching over.
    Let's not obsess over how my car fits as well!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You got a British car. That's comic relief enough.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I went to the spy museum in DC yesterday and say James Bond's silver Aston Martin. That's no laughing manner.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Today I discovered that my big Kirk (57 cm TT, 80-ish cm saddle height, 42 cm bars) fits inside a BRZ by only removing the wheels. It went inside the BRZ easier than into the back seat of the Tacoma double cab that took us down to the dealer.

No pictures of it all loaded, but the wheels went in without a problem even with both seats all the way back. After the bike was all loaded, we went for a test drive (a '15 Series.Blue, too boy racer looking for me). Fun!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Spotted this RHD Cruiser at a local mall recently. The graphics are awesome.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ChristianSLC View Post
    Today I discovered that my big Kirk (57 cm TT, 80-ish cm saddle height, 42 cm bars) fits inside a BRZ by only removing the wheels.
    Quoting myself, lame, but that Kirk also has a 22 cm head tube in case it matters to anyone.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Spotted this RHD Cruiser at a local mall recently. The graphics are awesome.

Ohhhhh.

A JDM HJ62.
    "As an homage to the EPOdays of yore- I'd find the world's last remaining pair of 40cm ergonomic drop bars.....i think everyone who ever liked those handlebars in that shape and in that width is either dead of a drug overdose, works in the Schaerbeek mattress factory now and weighs 300 pounds or is Dr. Davey Bruylandts...who for all I know is doing both of those things." - Jerk

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Today I discovered that my big Kirk (57 cm TT, 80-ish cm saddle height, 42 cm bars) fits inside a BRZ by only removing the wheels. It went inside the BRZ easier than into the back seat of the Tacoma double cab that took us down to the dealer.

No pictures of it all loaded, but the wheels went in without a problem even with both seats all the way back. After the bike was all loaded, we went for a test drive (a '15 Series.Blue, too boy racer looking for me). Fun!

Nice!

And a bike will fit with the rear wheel on. Good for fixies yo!

It passed through the narrow part of the trunk OK? My seat height is 77cm and that seems like near the max to fit through with a 53t chainring.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What? Your car doesn't have FOUR clocks?

clocks all 4.jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

...or 14 cup holders? (pointing finger in mouth...kaboom)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You gotta love the analog set into the speedo directly below the digital. My question is do they all synchronize or do you need to set them independently?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Too Tall View Post
    ...or 14 cup holders? (pointing finger in mouth...kaboom)
    This car may have as many ash trays as cup holders. Crazy Germans.