User Tag List

Page 72 of 362 FirstFirst ... 626364656667686970717273747576777879808182 ... LastLast
Results 1,421 to 1,440 of 7224

Thread: Get Your Grump on Thursdays - Was (What's chapping my @ss today?)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Get Your Grump on Thursdays - Was (What's chapping my @ss today?)

Quote Originally Posted by Auk View Post
    The revolving door of grumps. Other riders who will not, for any reason whatsoever, wave back. For F's sake, even moped riders give each other the nod or the side hand. Makes me want ot turn and chase them down and ask what the fork is their problem.
    i get more consistent waves from hardly davis riders than roadie cyclists. i snub the goldwingers (not really i jest).

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Small engine repair. i do it myself, and this new gas has everything screwed up. run it dry, or put shutoff in the gas line to run the carb dry. that stuff sucks water in like crazy (hygroscopic like a sponge) and causes horrible corrosions in places quite difficult to reach. old school, old gas "lacquer" is nothing next to the destruction to carburetor alloys this stuff causes.

carburetors and carb kits can sensibly be bought in quantity now.(!)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Grump: allergies. Chain sneezing on the bike. Chain sneezing in the office. Chain sneezing in the break room. Chain sneezing on my lunch ride. Grump grump grump grump grump grump grump.

Hello, Benadryl and neti pot.
    steve cortez

FNG

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My very minor grump is not being able to comment on the recent bib washing frequency thread before it was closed. I truly laughed out loud when I read it...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Heronseye View Post
    My very minor grump is not being able to comment on the recent bib washing frequency thread before it was closed. I truly laughed out loud when I read it...
    I texted you-know-who about locking that one even though I told him not to. He said we could revisit the issue in January.
    Got some cash
    Bought some wheels
    Took it out
    'Cross the fields
    Lost Control
    Hit a wall
    But we're alright

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chasea View Post
    I texted you-know-who about locking that one even though I told him not to. He said we could revisit the issue in January.
    I thought your idea of just seeing where it goes would have been a great experiment. I have tons of juggalo shit I could have posted.

(I've washed my jeans once this year, but bibs every ride, FWIW).

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

One of the manifold things that annoy the hell out of me are grocery carts left all over the market's parking lot. Left jammed between two cars not two spots from the corral. Left clustered around the light pole four spots from the corral. Left dead center in the open spot... five spots from the corral. I'm the guy that looks like he works there because by the time I get over to the corral, or sometimes back to the store if the weather really sucks and the guys sent out to do roundup should get a break, I've collected a half a dozen or so.

So guess whose car got t-boned by one of those carts and is now sporting a bunch of scratches and chips right to the metal.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

DBs that take up two spots in a parking lot to ensure that their tiny 7 year old mercedes won't get dinged.

To reclaim the 'lost' parking space, and for the good of mankind, I park my pickup truck about 6" from his driver's side door. Go ahead, ding me. I don't give a rats ass - its a pickup.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tom View Post
    One of the manifold things that annoy the hell out of me are grocery carts left all over the market's parking lot. Left jammed between two cars not two spots from the corral. Left clustered around the light pole four spots from the corral. Left dead center in the open spot... five spots from the corral. I'm the guy that looks like he works there because by the time I get over to the corral, or sometimes back to the store if the weather really sucks and the guys sent out to do roundup should get a break, I've collected a half a dozen or so.

So guess whose car got t-boned by one of those carts and is now sporting a bunch of scratches and chips right to the metal.
    Lazy-ass people. I truly don't understand them.
    DT

http://www.mjolnircycles.com/

Some are born to move the world to live their fantasies...

"the fun outweighs the suck, and the suck hasn't killed me yet." -- chasea

"Sometimes, as good as it feels to speak out, silence is the only way to rise above the morass. The high road is generally a quiet route." -- echelon_john

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by David Tollefson View Post
    Lazy-ass people. I truly don't understand them.
    It isn't about lazy. I know lazy well, it's one of my most shining virtues. It's about people thinking they're entitled to have the whole world be all about them... and it pisses me off cause there's only room for one of those and I'm them.

I'll go do my 20 now.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Youth unemployment.
    Sometimes I wish the apprentice system was still in place. I could be making your kitchen table right now...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tom View Post

As the dude who used to have to chase those carts around the lot, I'd have made sure some of your items didn't "ring properly" yet made it into the your bags.

No grump today. Can I recycle last weeks? Still happening...

Doing my 20 when I get home.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Still better without the leopard/zebra print. (Excludes leopards and zebras, obviously).

Quote Originally Posted by mainemike View Post
    [/B]

top of the food chain? rulers of the animal kingdom?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sid Selvidge, Memphis guitarist and founding member of Big Star, has passed.
    Got some cash
    Bought some wheels
    Took it out
    'Cross the fields
    Lost Control
    Hit a wall
    But we're alright

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm so handsome that it is distracting for everyone around me.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I had a bike fitting two days ago, and the now bike feels better. However, there is a new unidentified creaking when I pedal now. WTF. It's driving me batsh*t crazy.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sparky33 View Post
    I'm so good looking I was deported from Yemen.
    my name is Matt

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's weird. My mother tells me the same thing.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I had a bike fitting two days ago, and the now bike feels better. However, there is a new unidentified creaking when I pedal now. WTF. It's driving me batsh*t crazy.
    Saddle rails.
    Got some cash
    Bought some wheels
    Took it out
    'Cross the fields
    Lost Control
    Hit a wall
    But we're alright