User Tag List

Page 71 of 362 FirstFirst ... 616263646566676869707172737475767778798081 ... LastLast
Results 1,401 to 1,420 of 7224

Thread: Get Your Grump on Thursdays - Was (What's chapping my @ss today?)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Get Your Grump on Thursdays - Was (What's chapping my @ss today?)

Took off in mid-30's weather on a bike I'd just done some work on. 3.1 miles from home I got a flat. Discovered I'd forgot to put the pump back on. As it happens, wife was miles away running an errand and I couldn't call for a ride. Clomped all the way home in road cleats. I'm a dumbass.
    Greg

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cody.wms View Post
    I think it is weird in many situations, but get where it comes from.
    Where it comes from makes me grumpy.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by David Tollefson View Post
    Home Improvement" projects.

For me, EVERY F'IN TIME they're an iceberg ready to sink my financial Titanic. See that simple little project over there? Yeah, the paint in the bathroom -- easy, right? Tip-o-the-iceberg, baby. You start pulling the sketchy caulk from the top of the shower and find the mold on the drywall behind it. Shyt! Okay, so now it's rip out some drywall, throw in some new, mud and tape, texture, THEN paint and re-caulk. And of course my wife is suffering (okay, let's be honest here, she's loving it, I'M the one suffering) from severe nesting instinct with the baby girl due in August.

I'd love to say it's just this current house, but it's been the same story in every house I've owned. Okay, the BANK has owned, and I pay for the privilege of living there and fixing everything.

To balance it out, I'm on the new bike for the second day... Tomorrow is a day off work and long ride. I need it.
    I have no bathroom right now. None. Worse, the mess is spilling out into the rest of the apartment. So I'm either walking the dog, or hanging out with him in my bedroom.

Can't ride regularly cuz can't shower regularly.

I plan on pooping at either the bike shop or Signature Darren's sister's wine shop.
    Got some cash
    Bought some wheels
    Took it out
    'Cross the fields
    Lost Control
    Hit a wall
    But we're alright

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Go get some surplus MRE's. those will solve your pooping problem in short order.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'll do my 20 right here in the office. I pay $50 a year to get the Pig over on the right side of the continent. And the app on my phone so when the hammerheads get rolling in Cubeland I smile away oblivious. Money well spent.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry to hit this 5.5 hours early but this is just pissing me off:

PRP therapy 6 weeks ago for my torn hammy. Sat/Sunday I finally got back to being able to pass people on beach cruisers going uphill. Got the OK to go back and start light with weights at the gym. Everything is hunkydorey.

Then around 10am yesterday I pivot on my left foot. Not too fast. I'm not carrying anything. I'm on polished concrete so my foot doesn't get stuck like it would on carpet. I just wanted to grab the keys from my office. . . . I JUST WANTED MY FUCKING KEYS . . .

Ice on and off for the rest of the day. Ice last night. Pain today. Back to the doc on Friday.

Bah!
    elysian
    Tom Tolhurst

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I still don't have a fucking bathroom.

Yes, I'm fucking early.

But I won't have a fucking bathroom tomorrow either.
    Got some cash
    Bought some wheels
    Took it out
    'Cross the fields
    Lost Control
    Hit a wall
    But we're alright

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You have the East River.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

People need to quit shitting in the East River. Srsly.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unbelievable

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

D-bag runners.
    To set the scene..I spotted a older couple riding a recumbent tandem dragging a trailer and everything had that sun worn look that said "we've been doing this for a long time". The wife was reading a map and it is my habit to talk to anyone I see who is touring thru DC so I hop off the street and onto the bike/walk/run path and chat them up. They need directions and I'm dispensing some advice when I see a runner coming at me. He is in full tilt boogie with ear phones and "the look". I made eye contact with the guy and stupidly assumed he understood what the situation was and looked back at the tandem to gauge my space. The d-bag runner threw his full shoulder into me with all the force he could muster. I'm used to unexpected contact so it really did not cause a problem but daaaaaaaaaaamn that was some mean spirited sheite'. Thing is if he stopped, like I asked him to and was silly enough to throw a punch I COULD have satisfied my desire to give him what he deserved but nooooooooooo d-bag runner kept running so any contact from TT would have been assault. I'd like to think there is a special place in he!! for d-bag runners. PS don't get me started on d-bag runners who run a straight line thru curves on closed roads with no regard for bikes.

Bicycle riders are scum, I accept that.

PPS - you mofos who replied to the open carry grump all owe me 20.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^^^ damn, takes huevos to throw a shoulder into a giant.

Along the same lines...D-bag cyclists on the bike path. You all know them. Bike Path Tough Guys (BPTG), as I call them. Mrs. Monadnocky and I were in Monterey for a conference, and were walking down the side of a very crowded bike path. Keep in mind that this "bike path" has runners, walkers, everything under the sun - even those ridiculous 2- and 4-seater 4-wheeled "bikes" on which all parties pedal. It's a freakin' tourist attraction right off Cannery Row, allright? One step away from a walkway at Disneyland.

Anyway we step out into the path to avoid some people looking at seals. "WATCH OUT!" Mr. BPTG yells as he passes us, "THIS PATH IS FOR BIKES, YOU'RE SUPPOSED TO WALK ON THE SIDE!" Keep in mind he is literally dodging tourists left and right as he continues down the path. Of course he's kitted out with a top-end Tarmac and nice threads. And of course there's a perfectly (beautifully) useable road literally 50 feet from the "bike path," which parallels it for miles.

Made me grumpy. But also made me laugh at the same time.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New saddles suck. My trusty flite on the Spooky finally gave out this weekend. The shell had so much flex that I was basically sitting on the top of the seat post. Turned out the thing cracked. So on goes a new flite, in the new shape, and I've now spent all week trying to figure out which minuscule adjustment will get it to feel right. It's so close, but not quite there. Not sure how much is the slightly different shape vs. a slightly different position vs. just the fact that it isn't broken in at all.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i hate the word: client. i wince when i hear it or say it. does a hair dresser really have "clients"? etc...
    you're not the lord of the flies

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am ok with customer or client but for the past few years some of the suppliers that I work with have started calling me a sponsor!! what the fuck...my company is paying you to perform a service not to sponsor your charity - probably some brain fart from an MBA.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mainemike View Post
    i hate the word: client. i wince when i hear it or say it. does a hair dresser really have "clients"? etc...
    Selling a service means you have clients, by definition of client.

Grump: Leopard/zebra print clothing. Why??

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bike commuting in the PacNW spring requires two complete sets of cycling clothing... My backpack is much larger in the morning, and gets really small in the afternoon when I have to stuff in all the extra clothes from the 35 degree morning ride, now accommodating the 60 degree ride home.

And how the frack do you drive a FORKLIFT into a 787 rudder?
    DT

http://www.mjolnircycles.com/

Some are born to move the world to live their fantasies...

"the fun outweighs the suck, and the suck hasn't killed me yet." -- chasea

"Sometimes, as good as it feels to speak out, silence is the only way to rise above the morass. The high road is generally a quiet route." -- echelon_john

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by boxerboxer View Post
    Selling a service means you have clients, by definition of client.

Grump: Leopard/zebra print clothing. Why??

top of the food chain? rulers of the animal kingdom?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    you're not the lord of the flies

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The revolving door of grumps. Other riders who will not, for any reason whatsoever, wave back. For F's sake, even moped riders give each other the nod or the side hand. Makes me want ot turn and chase them down and ask what the fork is their problem.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by false_aesthetic View Post
    Sorry to hit this 5.5 hours early but this is just pissing me off:

PRP therapy 6 weeks ago for my torn hammy. Sat/Sunday I finally got back to being able to pass people on beach cruisers going uphill. Got the OK to go back and start light with weights at the gym. Everything is hunkydorey.

Then around 10am yesterday I pivot on my left foot. Not too fast. I'm not carrying anything. I'm on polished concrete so my foot doesn't get stuck like it would on carpet. I just wanted to grab the keys from my office. . . . I JUST WANTED MY FUCKING KEYS . . .

Ice on and off for the rest of the day. Ice last night. Pain today. Back to the doc on Friday.

Bah!
    I threw my back out tying my shoes one time. Actually, I messed it up about a month ago by driving my car.