Dear Guest, Please register or login. Content don't create itself! Thank you

User Tag List

Page 70 of 362 FirstFirst ... 606162636465666768697071727374757677787980 ... LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,400 of 7224

Thread: Get Your Grump on Thursdays - Was (What's chapping my @ss today?)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Get Your Grump on Thursdays - Was (What's chapping my @ss today?)

Quote Originally Posted by SteveP View Post
    too bad he wasnt in boston on marathon day.
    he could have shot another few spectators... or cops maybe.
    This comment is my grump. What the actual f*&%?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Home Improvement" projects.

For me, EVERY F'IN TIME they're an iceberg ready to sink my financial Titanic. See that simple little project over there? Yeah, the paint in the bathroom -- easy, right? Tip-o-the-iceberg, baby. You start pulling the sketchy caulk from the top of the shower and find the mold on the drywall behind it. Shyt! Okay, so now it's rip out some drywall, throw in some new, mud and tape, texture, THEN paint and re-caulk. And of course my wife is suffering (okay, let's be honest here, she's loving it, I'M the one suffering) from severe nesting instinct with the baby girl due in August.

I'd love to say it's just this current house, but it's been the same story in every house I've owned. Okay, the BANK has owned, and I pay for the privilege of living there and fixing everything.

To balance it out, I'm on the new bike for the second day... Tomorrow is a day off work and long ride. I need it.
    DT

http://www.mjolnircycles.com/

Some are born to move the world to live their fantasies...

"the fun outweighs the suck, and the suck hasn't killed me yet." -- chasea

"Sometimes, as good as it feels to speak out, silence is the only way to rise above the morass. The high road is generally a quiet route." -- echelon_john

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I buy my eggs at the Farmers Market. Cage Free, Organic, yadda yadda. Near every egg has a double yolk, and they taste about 2000x better than store bought eggs.

Anyway, this morning's egg did in fact have two yolks. One golden-yellow and beautiful, and the other a partially formed baby chicken........

Out of respect for 'Mr Clucky', I won't post pictures :(

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cody.wms View Post
    Ok, my grump from yesterday -- Virginia is an "open carry" state, meaning if you have the permit you can carry your holstered pistol around. I see it from time to time and I know quite a few people from law school that are active on the Second Amendment legal stuff. I think it is weird in many situations, but get where it comes from.
    This a pile-on-worthy Grump. In short; Wearing a gun on the street is a provocative, inflammatory act in, oh, I dunno..7 out of 10 cases, lets' say. You got 1000 acres and and need a sidearm in easy reach to shoot pests? Maybe..but a carbine stowed in the truck would be more useful overall. Hiking alone in Grizz country? Okay. Shooting tin cans with your .22 out in a field or the appropriate woodland setting? Why not. But wearing a sidearm on the street where any number and type of folk can see it is just obnoxious IMHO and has no place in our society. As far back as what we normally think of as the Old West...most folks didn't carry a sidearm in the open in town or anywhere close. It was provocative even then. You wanna carry? Cool. Keep it under wraps.

Disclosure; I like guns well enough, grew up with 'em, own 'em, shoot 'em lots, never carry, and couldn't shoot a human being except in some almost-unimaginable situation that I don't even wanna think about.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"Concealed means concealed."
    steve cortez

FNG

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chancerider View Post
    This a pile-on-worthy Grump. In short; Wearing a gun on the street is a provocative, inflammatory act in, oh, I dunno..7 out of 10 cases, lets' say. You got 1000 acres and and need a sidearm in easy reach to shoot pests? Maybe..but a carbine stowed in the truck would be more useful overall. Hiking alone in Grizz country? Okay. Shooting tin cans with your .22 out in a field or the appropriate woodland setting? Why not. But wearing a sidearm on the street where any number and type of folk can see it is just obnoxious IMHO and has no place in our society. As far back as what we normally think of as the Old West...most folks didn't carry a sidearm in the open in town or anywhere close. It was provocative even then. You wanna carry? Cool. Keep it under wraps.

Disclosure; I like guns well enough, grew up with 'em, own 'em, shoot 'em lots, never carry, and couldn't shoot a human being except in some almost-unimaginable situation that I don't even wanna think about.

I'm with you. Like you, I don't detest guns at all. But, I just don't see how this is a good thing. I was thinking about this when I was walking home last night and thinking about what I bet is the most typical (potentially) violent crime you could face, which is getting robbed. Without a gun, you range from losing some money to getting killed. I doubt many end up with permanent injuries or death. Introduce a gun (from the victim side) to that? I bet you end up on the far right of the spectrum of possible outcomes.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If there were an open carry law here the thugs would target these guys. Luxury goods ftw.

Grump: Texting whilst driving.

Conclusion: cars are more lethal than guns in their current, respective usage patterns.
    "Old and standing in the way of progress"

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And one more grump: Internet Gun Debates

/sorry, my meds are making me punchy

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jitahs View Post
    Grump: Texting whilst driving.

Conclusion: cars are more lethal than guns in their current, respective usage patterns.
    This. This this this this this.
    steve cortez

FNG

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cody.wms View Post
    ........ I was thinking about this when I was walking home last night and thinking about what I bet is the most typical (potentially) violent crime you could face, which is getting robbed. Without a gun, you range from losing some money to getting killed. I doubt many end up with permanent injuries or death. Introduce a gun (from the victim side) to that? I bet you end up on the far right of the spectrum of possible outcomes.
    So you'd put your safety, or your daughters or wife, in the hands of the guy attacking you?

This is like saying, 'I trust the guy the robbing me to not injure me MORE than I trust in my own ability to defend myself with a gun'.

Maybe the criminals where you live are more kind & trustworthy than they are here. I simply can't wrap my head around this sort of thinking.

I appreciate your viewpoint and I understand clearly what you are saying. No offense meant by my comments.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

At the dog park last night, the (younger) dog lines up for dump #2. I start walking towards the spot, and the guy sitting closest says that nothing came out. Dog is doing the "shit is stuck to my butt" walk. I have my bag at the ready and give the little nub of turd a pull. It is attached to something. I keep pulling. WTF? Has he been eating grass or something? Whatever it is is green and stringy. Ended up looking like a shoelace on first guess. As it turns out he ate a piece of drawstring from a pair of shorts.

Grump #2. Morning traffic jam due to suspicious package at the courthouse two blocks from work. On the moto. Full gear - no a/c. Sun here is a little warm.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ElvisMerckx View Post

Internet-ANYTHING debates.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GAAP View Post
    So you'd put your safety, or your daughters or wife, in the hands of the guy attacking you?
    I don't roam about the streets in a Faraday cage to protect myself from lightning strikes. I don't wear a helmet in the shower. I don't carry a gun to ward off strong-arm robbers. If I were to prioritize the three by risk, it'd clearly be 2-1-3.

And I only carry a fishing rod when I go fishing.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by christian View Post
    I don't roam about the streets in a Faraday cage to protect myself from lightning strikes. I don't wear a helmet in the shower. I don't carry a gun to ward off strong-arm robbers. If I were to prioritize the three by risk, it'd clearly be 2-1-3.

And I only carry a fishing rod when I go fishing.
    Do you wear a helmet on every ride, even though you don't expect to crash? And FYI, robberies & murders are more common than lightening strikes.

just, fyi my comments aren't speaking to the open carry deal. Just the comment I quoted.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ElvisMerckx View Post

you're right. This isn't the right place to debate. I'm out. Sorry, enjoy Thursday.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So far, one weekday ride this week. Not getting enough work done today to feel like I can get out for a ride because the tool I am using sucks beyond words and I'm spending a fair amount of time collecting diagnostic data and sending it to the vendor each time it fails in a new way not to mention the productivity lost because the tool sucks beyond words. I'd say it looks like it was designed by a chimpanzee but that would be utterly unfair to chimpanzees. In the old days the vendor had people that wouldn't let that kind of product out the door, instead they would have booted the designer out the door. Not any more. Plus if I did go for a pleasant 35 mile ride, I'd have 2 1/2 miles of weekday afternoon traffic in and out of town and I'd much rather go out tomorrow morning into 35 degree rain showers instead of this 55 degree sunny bluebird afternoon and it pisses me off that I'm spooked enough of the drivers and all their various distractions and frustrations and fatigue to hide from them.

And then KPIG puts on Robert Plant doing 'Angel Dance'. Grump cancelled.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Back pain.

I f*&ked up lower back last week and it's not getting better. I'm eating Ibuprofen like Halloween candy, wince getting out of bed in the morning and couldn't ride my bike 1 city block if I wanted to.

Then one of the whipper snappers at the office says, "I guess you have old man back...." I'd like to throttle 'em, but that would involve letting go of my walker :-)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Some douchebag in a gold Land Cruiser or Lexus equivalent threw a water bottle at me on my way home tonight. It missed, but I know it was done on purpose because the driver gunned it and took the next right. Couldn't get a plate number.

"The jerk store called. They're running out of you."
    steve cortez

FNG

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tom View Post
    So far, one weekday ride this week. Not getting enough work done today to feel like I can get out for a ride because the tool I am using sucks beyond words and I'm spending a fair amount of time collecting diagnostic data and sending it to the vendor each time it fails in a new way not to mention the productivity lost because the tool sucks beyond words. I'd say it looks like it was designed by a chimpanzee but that would be utterly unfair to chimpanzees. In the old days the vendor had people that wouldn't let that kind of product out the door, instead they would have booted the designer out the door. Not any more. Plus if I did go for a pleasant 35 mile ride, I'd have 2 1/2 miles of weekday afternoon traffic in and out of town and I'd much rather go out tomorrow morning into 35 degree rain showers instead of this 55 degree sunny bluebird afternoon and it pisses me off that I'm spooked enough of the drivers and all their various distractions and frustrations and fatigue to hide from them.

And then KPIG puts on Robert Plant doing 'Angel Dance'. Grump cancelled.
    KPIG is a good remedy for the grump. The tuner always finds it when I'm in those parts.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by j44ke View Post
    Swedish hellcore churn music.
    hey that sounds innerstin'

...waddles off toward utube

result: No video results for “Swedish hellcore churn music”

fuck me.