User Tag List

Page 66 of 362 FirstFirst ... 565758596061626364656667686970717273747576 ... LastLast
Results 1,301 to 1,320 of 7224

Thread: Get Your Grump on Thursdays - Was (What's chapping my @ss today?)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Get Your Grump on Thursdays - Was (What's chapping my @ss today?)

Quote Originally Posted by mnoble485 View Post
    Not insomnia but something like it. I fall asleep like a man without a care but wake up 3 hours later thinking all kinds of weird shit. The res of the night is toss and turn until I drag out of bed at 4AM when I could sleep until 5:30.
    This has been going on for a few weeks now. I'm tired.

Mike

Sent from my iPad using Forum Runner
    This again or still. two or three nights a week I am up at 3AM with no hope of getting back to sleep. TV sucks at 3 in the morning!

Mike

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't come unglued very often, but when I witness a dumbass bench mechanic using a large granite surface plate as an anvil, I come unglued pretty quick. I came unglued like a muthafukka this morning. That kind of shit makes me want to kick puppies.
    Eric Doswell, aka Edoz
    Summoner of Crickets
    http://edozbicycles.wordpress.com/
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/edozbicycles/
    In Before the Lock

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Okay, so this is a second-hand grump. But I take the brunt of the results... My wife woke me up at 1:00 am to tell me she was in pain. First-time mommy-to-be, she was worried about the baby... Went to see the doc yesterday. Turns out it's a hernia. And while it's not too uncommon in pregnant women, it's still a pain (to her literally, to me figuratively). They said that after the birth, it may heal itself. Um... that's still FOUR MONTHS AWAY!

Meanwhile, she can't lift anything over 10lbs. Looks like I'm on "everything" duty. Again.
    DT

http://www.mjolnircycles.com/

Some are born to move the world to live their fantasies...

"the fun outweighs the suck, and the suck hasn't killed me yet." -- chasea

"Sometimes, as good as it feels to speak out, silence is the only way to rise above the morass. The high road is generally a quiet route." -- echelon_john

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just finished shoveling 5 inches of heavy wet sloppy snow and I don't think it will be over for a couple more days. It hasn't hit 60 yet this year and doesn't look like we will get there before May at this point. Going to be a new record according to the weather dude.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

People who take my lunch from the community refrigerator at work.
    life is too short to drink bad wine....

Stuart Levy

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Douchebag at the Drive In last Friday night. I've got my daughter & her two friends in the back of my pickup. DB proceeds to effing chain-smoke cigarettes, one after another. Lighting the next one, from the last one.

After about 30 minutes, I go over and ask him to stop (its blowing right over us). He walks about 50' away, and proceeds to smoke whats seems to be another 800 cigarettes. His decision to smoke is now affecting 100 other people.

My gripe? Smokers. All smokers. Seriously, you can't make it 90 effing minutes without lighting up 10 cigs ??

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Farking warm weather is wearing me out. Bugs getting in my pants and under my shirt and getting sweat soaked when doing just normal work and the leafs all springing from the buds and now i can't see far enough through the bush to make the best trails. Sure the ground isn't freeze-thawing, but that it's instant muck pit every shower until we finish re-habbing the roads but I don't get to run the Dozer and fuck that tree that got on my truck--i did cut it down anyway, but it left a mark needing repairs.

And i need to burn a lot of brush piles, but every day is too windy, or too wet...

And Starlings. 7 confirmed kills and the nasty bastids keep trying to get into my house and are shitting on everything.

Ain't nobody got time for dat.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GAAP View Post
    Douchebag at the Drive In last Friday night. I've got my daughter & her two friends in the back of my pickup. DB proceeds to effing chain-smoke cigarettes, one after another. Lighting the next one, from the last one.

After about 30 minutes, I go over and ask him to stop (its blowing right over us). He walks about 50' away, and proceeds to smoke whats seems to be another 800 cigarettes. His decision to smoke is now affecting 100 other people.

My gripe? Smokers. All smokers. Seriously, you can't make it 90 effing minutes without lighting up 10 cigs ??
    he's probably straight out of prison. yes-seems that only a few select smokers can detect wind direction--even with the indicator thingy they're sucking on. They'll walk 83 yards directly upwind when 10 feet in a different direction would have solved the prob. Probably related to our indoctrination camps not teaching anymore. and yes i has loved nicotine, but i never smoked it...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by znfdl View Post
    People who take my lunch from the community refrigerator at work.
    oh that's too easy. rig a sammich say...PBJ and alum or just salt... nothing toxic, just memorable.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just spent 20 hours the last two days in a "classroom" learning about something I already have a certification from - from the creator of the process. I was certified before the trainer was even introduced to the topic. Because I lost 20 hours, I am behind on other things now - and I'm leaving for "vacation" tomorrow.
    Auk's words to live by:
    Blow up and pin a picture of M. Bartoli on your wall. When you achieve that position, stop. Until then, stretch, ride, stretch, ride, eat less, and ride more.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My greatest grump this week isn't the fact that my ortho appointment yesterday confirmed 4 more weeks of NO RIDING...

...it's that I'll probably have to wait another week or so before this:

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mnoble485 View Post
    This again or still. two or three nights a week I am up at 3AM with no hope of getting back to sleep. TV sucks at 3 in the morning!

Mike
    I'll do my push-ups, but read this

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/09/23/opinion/sunday/rethinking-sleep.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0

I get up and to something now when I can't sleep. Screen time might be a bad idea because the light wakes you up.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I miss cyclocross season. And it's April.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The pound of flesh system that is the US tax code (state is just salt in the wound).

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Photos: HDR and people who can't take the 2 seconds required to level their horizons.
    my name is Matt

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GAAP View Post

I have this fantasy where all smokers drop dead and I no longer have to look at discarded cigarette butts in my neighborhood, or anywhere for that matter. The good thing is, they will all drop dead. The bad thing is, the cancer will take a while and cost all of us lots of money in the process.

Quote Originally Posted by christian View Post
    I miss cyclocross season. And it's April.
    My main grump. I was planning to re-ride the entire Ronde Rosey route today, testing my GPS track for Sunday. 9 miles in, I tore my rear derailleur off in the woods. HAd to be rescued by a buddy. Busted derailleur, bent hanger, and now, no confirmation that the GPS file is perfect. Oh well, it's an adventure, right?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This

Missing TCNJ student Paige Aiello update: Authorities find her purse on GW Bridge, car in New Brunswick | NJ.com

I work for a college (this college) and the pressure to be perfect, put on themselves or placed there by others, is my grump.

"In addition to being one of the captains of TCNJ's tennis team, Paige Aiello was working two jobs and preparing to attend Rutgers Law School in Newark in the fall, her sister said."

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm fairly certain the zombie apocalypse virus will be generated, incubated and spread at either a Walmart or Kroger. There must be a sign somewhere that says "worst of human kind shop here" that I can't see.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm just waking up to the fact that I somehow got myself into an unhealthy relationship. Disappointed and pissed off at myself. Exit strategy, whatever it proves to be, will inflict collateral damage...which just makes me feel even worse. No self-pity here....

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chancerider View Post
    I'm just waking up to the fact that I somehow got myself into an unhealthy relationship. Disappointed and pissed off at myself. Exit strategy, whatever it proves to be, will inflict collateral damage...which just makes me feel even worse. No self-pity here....
    hopefully it was before a house, a dog, and kids