User Tag List

View Poll Results: COVID19 Poll (anonymous)

Voters
142. You may not vote on this poll
  • Expect to get COVID19 in the next 365 days

87 61.27%
  • Do not expect to get COVID19 in the next 365 days

51 35.92%
  • Got it

4 2.82%
  • Tested positive for antibodies

0 0%
Page 62 of 112 FirstFirst ... 525354555657585960616263646566676869707172 ... LastLast
Results 1,221 to 1,240 of 2235

Thread: Covid19

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Covid19

Quote Originally Posted by Too Tall View Post
    Groundhog Day.

See you tomorrow.

Sheesh.
    I tried watching Dawn of the Planet of the Apes last night. The lead in is news reports and graphs looking like the John Hopkins page and break down of society on Simian Flu. I turned it off. I did not find it enjoyable.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by vertical_doug View Post
    I tried watching Dawn of the Planet of the Apes last night. The lead in is news reports and graphs looking like the John Hopkins page and break down of society on Simian Flu. I turned it off. I did not find it enjoyable.
    Last edited by Too Tall; 04-04-2020 at 09:09 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

3M Mask

Pottery glazes are mixed with powdered clays and minerals. I wear a respirator to keep safe for glaze mixing. While not the exact model, the only mask we have is like in the link above. Yesterday, I went to a local restaurant that sells prepared food and picked up multiple lasagna's, fresh pastas, bolognase, etc etc all for the freezer to eat over the next few days / weeks. They only let 5 people in the restaurant at a time. All the tables were pushed into the center loaded up with wine, cookies, and takeout items. Everyone was wearing a mask. They required customers to put on gloves that they supplied before going into the restaurant. I was not out of place wearing the respirator. Its a bizarre time.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I got a push for urban cycling masks and ordered two. They claim N95 and shipping in 1 to 4 business days. We'll see.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gt6267a View Post
    3M Mask

Pottery glazes are mixed with powdered clays and minerals. I wear a respirator to keep safe for glaze mixing. While not the exact model, the only mask we have is like in the link above. Yesterday, I went to a local restaurant that sells prepared food and picked up multiple lasagna's, fresh pastas, bolognase, etc etc all for the freezer to eat over the next few days / weeks. They only let 5 people in the restaurant at a time. All the tables were pushed into the center loaded up with wine, cookies, and takeout items. Everyone was wearing a mask. They required customers to put on gloves that they supplied before going into the restaurant. I was not out of place wearing the respirator. Its a bizarre time.
    GT, how do you decontaminate that once you've worn it out in public?
    Trod Harland, Pickle Expediter

Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced. — James Baldwin

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by thollandpe View Post
    It was my first time using it in public and we don't have a process yet. That said, it could be as simple as not touching it until we go out again. This seems possible because we are going out into public less than 1 x / week. Current info on surface contamination is everything expires in less than 72 hrs. Therefore, by simply waiting a week we should be ok. If I need to out in less than a week or maybe even just to be safe, I'll probably clorox wipe the skin touching surfaces.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gt6267a View Post
    It was my first time using it in public and we don't have a process yet. That said, it could be as simple as not touching it until we go out again. This seems possible because we are going out into public less than 1 x / week. Current info on surface contamination is everything expires in less than 72 hrs. Therefore, by simply waiting a week we should be ok. If I need to out in less than a week or maybe even just to be safe, I'll probably clorox wipe the skin touching surfaces.
    You can keep the mask stored in a paper bag after you take it off. I’d probably wipe it down with alcohol first.
    Will Neide (pronounced Nighty, like the thing worn to bed)

Webpage : : Flickr : : Tumblr : : Facebook
    Instagram: wilco_cycleworks

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anyone have a clue on what happens when people with no money are unable to buy/get food? Even in normal times day to day subsistence is a reality for a large portion of our society. I haven't seen much on this topic but the situation is coming(if not already here in some areas); I personally have a clue and its pretty grim. I'm not trying to fan the flames here, just one other aspect of our times.

regards, Brian
    The older I get the faster I was Brian Clare

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by claritycycler View Post
    Anyone have a clue on what happens when people with no money are unable to buy/get food? Even in normal times day to day subsistence is a reality for a large portion of our society. I haven't seen much on this topic but the situation is coming(if not already here in some areas); I personally have a clue and its pretty grim. I'm not trying to fan the flames here, just one other aspect of our times.

regards, Brian
    Can you say some more about this?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The simple solution is not to listen to the NRA crap and make a generous donation to your local food bank.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by johnmdesigner View Post
    ...make a generous donation to your local food bank.
    We've had great response to our local food bank. I hope the donations don't taper to zero as more people are laid off.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Put it in direct sunlight.
    Mark Kelly

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So let me see if I understand Florida-

Churches can still gather as ‘essential business?’ I’m sure that I am not the first to say it.. but, I’m fine with that as long as we realize that they consider themselves a business and are treated as so.. i.e. taxes?

Also-I’m ok with that as long as everyone that enters signs a waiver stating that if/when they get the virus they have no access to healthcare.. no clogging up the hospitals.. although they are allowed to receive all of the thoughts and prayers that they can gather. This shit is stupid-
    ‘The Earth is not dying, it is being killed, and those that are killing it have names and addresses-‘ Utah Phillips

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rowdyhillrambler View Post
    This shit is stupid-
    I believe the expression is, "This shit is so Florida." As a native, born and raised and back now for 15 years, I can confirm that we're dumb.

And, my only disagreement is that those people who congregate should not only forfeit their access to healthcare, they should also be held liable for anyone they infect (if only we could trace that).
    "I guess you're some weird relic of an obsolete age." - davids

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have little to say about this, but a doctor friend in NYC rode around the island today and saw people out on the bike path riding and running without masks. Fifth Avenue had no traffic whatsoever.

Riding in the time of Covid-19 — BCI -- Bicycle Club of Irvine
    Jay Dwight

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Princess Cruises has not refit one of their ships into a hospital. Neither Ford, nor Tesla, nor GM has produced a ventilator.

But despite those cheery (and bullshit) social media posts there are some incredible efforts being brought to bear.

Full disclosure: I'm a huge fan of nurses and engineers.

UMass Amherst Engineers, Nurses Design Fast-track, Low-cost Face Shield to Provide PPE Devices for Health Care | Office of News & Media Relations | UMass Amherst
    Last edited by thollandpe; 04-04-2020 at 08:54 PM.

Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced. — James Baldwin

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Princess Cruises has not refit one of their ships into a hospital. Neither Ford, nor Tesla, nor GM has produced a ventilator.

But despite those cheery (and bullshit) social media posts there is some incredible efforts being brought to bear.

Full disclosure: I'm a huge fan of nurses and engineers.

UMass Amherst Engineers, Nurses Design Fast-track, Low-cost Face Shield to Provide PPE Devices for Health Care | Office of News & Media Relations | UMass Amherst
    Progress is being made quickly on those projects. It's just going to take a bit to retool facilities. The first shipment of masks produced in a shuttered GM Transmission plant is going out this week:

GM Starts Making Face Masks at Michigan Plant - Business Journal Daily

the first GM ventilator will be built this month: GM steps up cleaning, screenings as ventilator production approaches | Covid-19 | kokomotribune.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

That is encouraging news.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew Strongin View Post
    I believe the expression is, "This shit is so Florida." As a native, born and raised and back now for 15 years, I can confirm that we're dumb.

And, my only disagreement is that those people who congregate should not only forfeit their access to healthcare, they should also be held liable for anyone they infect (if only we could trace that).
    My galpal is from Florida-and I am a lifelong Tennesseean.. I don’t point fingers at Florida-but that DeSantis fella y’all got is a dyed in the wool turd-

At least you can own it-i face palm my skul when hear TN representatives speak..it’s embarrassing
    ‘The Earth is not dying, it is being killed, and those that are killing it have names and addresses-‘ Utah Phillips

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There are lots of stories here about people leaving metro areas to go to their vacation country second home, cabin, airbnb etc. to "get away" from the virus in the big city. A lot of the locals "up north", in the business, are saying NO don't come now. They are happy with their seasonal guests and say come when it's mostly over. As the virus comes, which it inevitably will, it will overwhelm what little they have for medical care pretty fast. Affluenza? Tone deaf?